[FE4] Is Sylvia OP?

General Horace

I think Cuan alone saves at least 1 turn in the Prologue, and just a shitload in Ch.1 and 2. He's really amazing in the drafts, especially because early game is so crucial. Pretty much whoever doesn't get Cuan will lose like 8 turns or something before Ch. which is ridiculous. You can't really make up for these turns because from Ch.3 onwards you can squeeze some utilty out of pretty much everybody and turncounts shouldn't differ that much between players from that point on.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midir can do a lot of the same things Cuan can in Chapter 1 and Chapter 2, he lasted a really really long time. Cuan without Ethlin is a way worse unit too, he needs the constant healing and +10 hit/avoid.

My Gen 1 was honestly pretty mediocre (for a firstpick team, Ethlin is one of the best turnsavers in gen 1 and comes with Leaf to boot) , it's my gen 2 team that's totally ridiculous. Getting Leaf/Aless/Levin!Arthur is just wrong.

Edited by General Horace

Cuan isn't the broken one here (although he is...pretty good), it's Ethlin. She's a pretty good unit in her own right (and saves turns that noone else can actually replicate because ha there aren't any other mounted staff users that you can reasonably get until Chapter 4), and Leaf is totally broken (the fact that he can effectively replace a High Priest/Dancer combo at Chapter 10 is pretty insane, and if anyone makes bad picks at any time and the Ethlin player gets a Dancer or Aideen then everyone else pretty much loses automatically, which is kind of ridiculous). It'd be interesting to see if the game would be more balanced by Ethlin being banned (since she's way better than the other picks).

EDIT Not relevant, but I just realized that I restarted the game at some point, so I won't be able to have Rescue by the first turn of Chapter 5 unless I do astronomically bad. Not actually going to restart the draft because I'm not fucking insane, but it did demotivate me a little because of the I COULD SAVE MORE TURNS!! mentality. Also sad that I ended up killing Jamka because Midir could really use his Killer Bow.

Edited by Refa

If you have Dew you can actually have Lachesis promote without too much trouble after the Ch.3 arena and she saves a shitload of turns through warping Sigurd from Silvail to Madino. Sigurd can still return home from Anphony/Madino castle with the Return Ring, which is slower but a decent substititue.

But yeah, it requires you to have both Dew and Lachesis [which I was totally banking on >_<]

Oh yeah, you could do that. Never really thought about that, but it does require having two units which is kind of taxing

she still only manages to replicate what Ethlin + a warper does, so it's not exclusive to her anyway. Even Dew + Fury + Warper could do it probably.

Maybe making Ethlin/Leaf different picks?

Edited by General Horace

Maybe making Ethlin/Leaf different picks?

Worth a try imo.

I'll maybe do that once this draft is finished. Either that or a FE4 SOYO draft ... just because I think that has potential to be hilarious.

FE4 soyo's are super fun. Never forget Claude Briggid

aaaand finished

CHAPTER EPILOGUE - 17/90 TURNS

TO EDDA - 3 TURNS

Tinny and Aless were the only units that weren't slept, and I needed Tinny to send back Celice with warp, so I rescued her ahead on turn 1 and 2 (her avoid is so crazy that she had no chance of death really) and she nuked everything, and restored Leaf on turn 3 to rescue Celice and have him run around the enemies to seize. Leaf returned himself.

TO DOZEL - 2 TURNS

Tinny warped Celice back to Chalphy, and Arthur had killed most of the axechumps on the enemy phase. Leaf rescued Celice on turn 5 for the seize, while Janne, Arthur and Leaf ran ahead.

TO FREEGE - 4 TURNS

Rescued dudes ahead, Arthur killed all the thwomps. Janne returned Celice home and Sharlow warped Tinny to Freege castle to run ahead.

TO VELTHOMER - 5 TURNS

Unfourtunately needed to recruit Julia for the bossguy.

TO BARHARA - 3 TURNS

Rescued Julia down after she got Narga and she owned Julius.

so a 108 gen 1 clear + 90 turn gen 2 clear = a 198 turns clear! woo finally slipped under 200 for the first time ever.

Edited by General Horace

The next FE4 draft should be titled "Is Horace OP?" and Sylvia Ethlin is free for players who don't have Horace in their name.

Edited by Baldo Scroll

The next FE4 draft should be titled "Is Horace OP?"

We already know the answer to this question.

Though we all actually kind of acknowledged that Sylvia isn't OP by now considering the subject moved from nerfing Sylvia [my initial suggestion] to nerfing Ethlin by having her removed from Leaf.