Capture Command

PuffPuff

How does it work?

Can bosses of the Weapons DLC be captured, or are they available only at the Paralogues?!

You can capture any generic and non plot-relevant boss characters (except for Faceless and Invisible enemies). I'm pretty sure you can't use capture on DLC enemies.

Edited by NekoKnight

You can capture any generic and non plot-relevant boss characters (except for Faceless and Invisible enemies). I'm pretty sure you can't use capture on DLC enemies.

If I can't capture a generic witch, then will actually punch an IS game designer in the face.

ptHM3c.jpg

IcchFW.jpg

I wish you can do this with some characters. Mainly her, Mikoto and Zoura.

MEaeCx.jpg

You see there is something that is needed to have them consider. A feature not seen since FFT. No wonder this game is selling out! In FFT, you would do this with a mediator with their first ability.

IEqbqk.jpg

Got him. He can be recruited either in Niku's Paralogue or the weapons DLC episode.

876c9y.jpg

Got him in the Weapons DLC episode and has Lucky Seven too. He'll be nice as a Dreadfighter! Wonderful retainer!

QSNlGR.jpg

The Jail.

nXv7gp.jpg

!

4dFE3J.jpg

Counts as a spotpass.

2oMBIu.jpg

Eeupsy.jpg

Just like Spotpass, they cannot support.

2E21TU.jpg

myE7QQ.jpg

One class along with Special items.

-----

Looks like it is done! Better find Generics with good enough abilities as Generics get no classes. Non relevant bosses get one class. Just hope I can save them in the logbook after I get their offers. I heard that they can be negotiated for less too by bargaining with them.

Capturable Boss Units

-----

Banba

Daniela

Daichi

Draj

Funk

Gazzack

Haitaka

Hormone

Kumagera

Nacht

Sennou

Vashala

William

-----

Shows here on which non relevant boss can be captured and playable! Orochi or Zero is needed to do this feature with their personnels.

Edited by Princess_Elise

Generic witches cannot be recruited, and I already want to punch them in the face.

Probably the same gender cannot capture others.

Except for Orochi on which she can capture Daniela.

Do we have a guide on which unit is able to recruit which captive? I was legitimately shocked that Odin of all people was able to convince Kumagera with all his blabbing.

Probably the same gender cannot capture others.

Except for Orochi on which she can capture Daniela.

I'm sure gender has nothing to do with it. Zero can capture a lot of male bosses on Nohr route.

Edited by Ryo

Do we have a guide on which unit is able to recruit which captive? I was legitimately shocked that Odin of all people was able to convince Kumagera with all his blabbing.

I'm sure gender has nothing to do with it. Zero can capture a lot of male bosses on Nohr route.

That's cuz Shooters and Witches are DLC class enemies. It would make sense on why that they cannot be recruited!

-----

Now to see if any Divine Shield enemies can be captured!

b3DOeX.jpg
No Gen.
Y4KPiP.jpg
No Shooter. I CAN'T HAVE A SHOOTER. WHY?!
5H1uNy.jpg
Always to enemies that you don't give a fuck.
-----
Well...looks like the Einherjar card house is our only hope as they give out NPC generics there that can join randomly.
Edited by Princess_Elise

I don't think there are any rules about who can recruit them from the jail. I think your success rate depends on how far along you are in the story relative to the enemy's level. What I have noticed is that there seems to be "progress" towards convincing them to join you. Sometimes after a failed persuasion attempt it will say "You can expect them next time" (paraphrasing from Japanese) and they will be recruited next attempt, no matter who is at the jail.

I don't think there are any rules about who can recruit them from the jail. I think your success rate depends on how far along you are in the story relative to the enemy's level. What I have noticed is that there seems to be "progress" towards convincing them to join you. Sometimes after a failed persuasion attempt it will say "You can expect them next time" (paraphrasing from Japanese) and they will be recruited next attempt, no matter who is at the jail.

I pray and hope that this is true!

Edited by Princess_Elise

That's cuz Shooters and Witches are DLC class enemies. It would make sense on why that they cannot be recruited!

But Dark Flier and Dread Fighter are DLC but you can still recruit characters of those classes over My Castle, even if you wouldn't have access to them normally.

Edited by NekoKnight

WSwznf.jpg

Gazzak the unbalanced boss in Marth's first game on H5 without luck from the RNG....take a look, he's phenomenal! Just wish that everyone had better HP growths. These units have phenomenal growths.

f4FD12.jpg

You actually have a purple meter when you have 70HP. Which is only possible in the Vanguard(with HP Tonic), Berserker and General classes.

7UMdX1.jpg

Better to get him on Hard/Lunatic as he gets Pavise and Raven strike! He came with those along with Stubborness when Orochi caught him in the weapons episode!

Kd1AqY.jpg

He's near his HP cap which he will reach after another 4 level ups. He always got HP with every level up and started at LV40 when Orochi recruited him.

JkuVGb.jpg

Another phenomenal character in the making. He started at LV40 as well.

7h4fDp.jpg

He had Mag Counter...too. He also came with Sol and Pass!

maEhTB.jpg

cB0uhL.jpg

No skills. But...their growths will likely be phenomenal.

Z5Aypd.jpg

FkQb8m.jpg

Demands.

-----

I really want to recruit the maid in Ch27(Hoshido). Yes, the one with the Pavise, Mag Counter and Aegis skills. I don't know if that's possible and will try to get a Generic Berserker(The one with Axefaire HP+5 and Sol) on the IK path near endgame!

Edited by Princess_Elise

CMRPR5.jpg

I love this game already!

3t3BB5.jpg

This one has Ogre Strike. I'll take it! I just now got to get a generic Valkyrie and Maid then I'm finished!

CazDRh.jpg

Amazing that some cannot use class changing items.

ETnY8c.jpg

Manuals and the class itself is the only way that the following can get any skills.

-----

They can be saved instantly in your logbook without having to do the final chapter. Only applies to characters, not captured units, or spotpass units with the exception of Anna.

That's actually really interesting that Draj can't reclass into other classes. I'm assuming that's because of her unique body model. I was wondering what would happen when you tried. Does this mean DLC class changing items are also unusable?

That's actually really interesting that Draj can't reclass into other classes. I'm assuming that's because of her unique body model. I was wondering what would happen when you tried. Does this mean DLC class changing items are also unusable?

KWkcf1.jpg
q61w05.jpg

No.

But I was thinking that to use a Special class item on a regular Generic to change their portraits. Only way to get a Generic Shooter and Witch.

-----

SZBBjE.jpg

Used two manuals to get him started!

PFxMA7.jpg

My favorite Capture Character!

His bases started off this way...too. With a blue meter!

Edited by Princess_Elise

Wait, I was under the impression that captured characters always retained their initial class' portrait. Are you saying reclassing to a special class like Witch or Ballistician will get that portrait? That would be awesome; I love the witch portrait. ^_^

Wait, I was under the impression that captured characters always retained their initial class' portrait. Are you saying reclassing to a special class like Witch or Ballistician will get that portrait? That would be awesome; I love the witch portrait. ^_^

Portraits don't change. And you can't use the Capture Command on DLC units.

I am guessing Daniela does not appear on the Weapons DLC? She is a boss character which portrait I like quite a bit and would like to capture her but I think she only appears when playing in Hoshido in the same chapter Benoit/Charlotte appear.

I am guessing Daniela does not appear on the Weapons DLC? She is a boss character which portrait I like quite a bit and would like to capture her but I think she only appears when playing in Hoshido in the same chapter Benoit/Charlotte appear.

PWvXpu.jpg
GPUJuO.jpg
Already done! Gave her most of the stat ups I've collected and Sennou the rest as Sennou, Daichi, and my generics Dark Knight and Blacksmith both gained a level and learned an new skill before saving them in the logbook and deleting the Phoenixed Hoshido file. Used the Dreadfighter items on Daichi and Daniela as I want to get them Clear Mind. Used the Dark Wing Items on Daniela and Sennou so they can get Galeforce. Didn't want any difficulty spikes while doing this. Skipped all of the cutscenes and everything and got this all done in 6 hours. Want to get her, Daichi, Sennou and those Generics before starting where I'm actually at Ch23 Revelations path. Got Daniela for the near same design that Shinmei has. They will be a great addition before re-matching with Shenmei! :D No having to do a hard ass DLC map for the Dark Wing and Dreadfighter items. This is in fact how I get my logbook units Galeforce and Speed Drains. I start a new game, do a phoenixed file and get the job done all in less than one hour. Skip all of the cutscenes while doing this. Give them all of your Dreadfighter, Dark Wing items and Stat ups (Boots) before saving them in the logbook then deleting that particular save.
TgatHt.jpg
Will be used in a future run! Only have Kumagera and Haitaka left before I have them all!!!! The Special captured characters.
EDIT:
kPN0YF.jpg
:D
Also, it really sucks that you cannot get a Generic Portrait of a Shooter/Witch.
Edited by Princess_Elise

It actually shows nothing, no horse when she's on it! Guess it's one thing the devs couldn't fix.

how does the capture command work though

is it just a regular attack

I know it's locked to certain units but does it do anything different

i've spent a while trying to find this numerous times and I still haven't found anything

Edited by maybe

how does the capture command work though

is it just a regular attack

I know it's locked to certain units but does it do anything different

i've spent a while trying to find this numerous times and I still haven't found anything

No dual attack in attack stance, lower hit rate, otherwise it is a regular attack.

Maybe the attack itself does have lower hit rate, or maybe capture command can't get Support Bonus. I am not sure.