Lunatic Classic Runs: Adults Only!

So for my future playthroughs, I'll attempt a classic Lunatic run which consists of using the 1st generation characters only, and will not involve any children. To avoid all marriage/children influence, I've considered the following rules:

1.) Avoid any S-Supports at all times, especially for Chrom. Because Maiden!Lucina is automatically recruited after Chapter 13 for story purposes, she gets off the hook as a Female Chrom.

2.) That said, there's no children's Paralogue for this.

3.) No Barracks: to prevent free supports.

Any thoughts?

Chrom is going to have to completely avoid any contact with prospective brides if you're trying to avoid hitting S-rank. The game will auto-marry him based on even a single support point.

Speaking of which, is there any reason you're explicitly avoiding S-rank when you can avoid the kids' paralogues, even if they pop up (as well as leave Lucina eternally benched)?

Chrom is going to have to completely avoid any contact with prospective brides if you're trying to avoid hitting S-rank. The game will auto-marry him based on even a single support point.

Speaking of which, is there any reason you're explicitly avoiding S-rank when you can avoid the kids' paralogues, even if they pop up (as well as leave Lucina eternally benched)?

The problem is that in Paralogue 15 Noire is automatically recuited in the next turn so yeah : / Edited by Formerly Colm

What about little kids in the first generation? Ricken is most definitely NOT an adult!

Yah I mean Nowi is like literally 12 but is actually 1000 years old.

Definitely not an adult in Manakete but an extremely old woman in human age.

What about little kids in the first generation? Ricken is most definitely NOT an adult!

I did imply all of the first generations so they obviously counts. And fyi Brady called Ricken an old man if you Marribelle x Ricken support : P But like i said thats not going to happen <_<

Edited by Formerly Colm

"Old man" is slang for "father".

The problem is that in Paralogue 15 Noire is automatically recuited in the next turn so yeah : /

So, uh, don't do that paralogue? Or kill Noire off within that one?

I don't know why people are suggesting to have characters marry and not visit their paralogues.

You could just get unlock every S-support (bar Chrom obviously) and not go through with any of them, so that when you're done this playthrough, you'd have a nice support log with all of your options. There should be no reason to have parents marry when you're not going to use their children. Does the paralogue appearing on the map make it look better or something? lol

I don't know why people are suggesting to have characters marry and not visit their paralogues.

You could just get unlock every S-support (bar Chrom obviously) and not go through with any of them, so that when you're done this playthrough, you'd have a nice support log with all of your options. There should be no reason to have parents marry when you're not going to use their children. Does the paralogue appearing on the map make it look better or something? lol

I believe he meant that no one was getting married at all except for Chrom because he has to.

I believe he meant that no one was getting married at all except for Chrom because he has to.

Yes, that's what the OP meant. But isn't Kuroi saying to marry the characters and not play their paralogues?

Why even marry them when you don't want their children? Just leave the support unlocked.

+10% Dual Strike and +1 Support rank (which manifests as +5 Hit most of the time) is hardly trivial. At least, when I'm doing a campaign run, I find that to be far more useful than having to train up the other kids. Even the unreliable +3% Dual Guard is arguably more valuable. Even in a post-game file, the boosts are quite valuable (despite kid usefulness shooting up to take the lead there).

But I meant just avoiding the kids' paralogues entirely, such that if they show up on the map, you can just choose to never go to them.

Okay I see where you're getting at, but I'll be perfectly frank: when I meant on avoiding S-Supports at all times, I absolutely intend to prevent this by maintaining the kids' non-existing presence at all times. The fact of having them exists, even in their respective paralogues (as NPC), seems like it would ruin the experiences for this walkthrough for 1st Gen characters in a way, but that's just me.

Edit: tl;dr: 2nd Gen Kids > 1st Gen Adults, because they get more attentions over the latters imo. <_<

Edited by Formerly Colm