Optimal Corrin/Kamui Partnerships for Parents/Kamuisexuals

Duke of Dozel

In this discussion, we aren't focusing on kids, though they can be brought up if you'd like to. However, the focus here is optimizing your avatar's marriage partner. And I mean EVERYONE.

Basically, this thread will be used as a discussion ground on what you believe should be the best marriage set up for every romance-able character. For example, you'll want to give Leon the spellcaster line for tomefaire and a more balanced magic focused class than Dark Knight and Sorcerer, or Shigure not having access to the lance fighter class normally, which can be given if you have it as a secondary. Perhaps you want to give Charlotte the bowman line for Raven Strike, or numerous sword users who'd love swordfaire.

Mods can help if you take statues (and the rumored pair up bonuses) into account. Feel free to contribute your own set ups.

Hmm, since I wanna try messing around with +Spd!Corrin x Nyx!Syalla, I gave this a little bit of thought.
It should be worth noting that I'm gonna have Syalla as Witch or Sorc. For the sake of this post, Im gonna omit Witch because Warp is lel.

For Syalla

I'd say buddy with her with Kinu so you she can grab Puppeteer, Syalla also gets Oni from her dad, and Dark Mage from Nyx, so there's 2 good classes right off the bat, along with Pupeteer,

Now for Corrin's Marraige Seal, honestly I'd say give him/her (since Syalla can marry either gender) Merc/Fighter (for Hero Class) personally, but you can give her whatever you want honestly. I forgot to mention, as a Spellcaster by default, she already has access to Breaking Sky.

In short, this is the build I can see her using
Nyx!Syalla@Sorcerer

Copycat

Breaking Sky

Sol

Ogre Strike

Galeforce (iirc you get one Dark Flier for free)/puppetbreaker/Miracle (from Mitama Buddy if you want)

I'm honestly not too good at skill builds so feel free to critique/pick this apart lol. I kinda just thought that Syalla is a really good kid and an easy one to build for so I just slapped some good stuff together that honestly doesnt take too much resources. Much better than her Awakening counterpart, lol.

Going Oni's probably best for Ryouma since now you're emulating Rinka but with better mods with this. Ryouma benefits pretty heavily from having Ogre Strike, and Lancebreaker patches up his one weakness. It also has the nice side effect of throwing Ogre Strike at Shino too, who's also in a crit class.

+Str is probably best for crit lobster since every point of str translates to 4 more damage on crit.

(alternatively, for a postgame skill-buying-allowed set up, herb merchant? since he can always buy OS and whatnot from his previous selves and this is a class he legit can't get from anyone else, but it'll let him run LoD/Extrava build)

Rinka probably wants Fighter on Hoshido, though holding off on reclassing until Shura5 might be ideal. HP+5 and Axefaire are both skills she likes. I've also thought about going hero instead of zerker for the Soltank route to capitalize on her defense, but I don't have the game so I can't prove that theory.

Archer is another option for IK to get her Raven Strike to use Great Club since she can get Fighter off Charlotte anyway.

Marx really likes Trueblade so that'd be optimal for Nohr route, though he can get that off Ryouma if running IK. What else does he like? Merc/Fighter for Hero? Butler for Tomebreaker?

Marx really likes Trueblade so that'd be optimal for Nohr route, though he can get that off Ryouma if running IK. What else does he like? Merc/Fighter for Hero? Butler for Tomebreaker?

Basically he likes Trueblade, Hero and tomebreaker. Sadly he can't get all three at the same time. The only way for him to get Hero and Trueblade is through 3rd route and he marries Charlotte and Luna.

Following that, a good Nohr setup is prolly Butler or Trueblade for Marx then, since he can acquire Hero through A+ Lazwald. I feel he might like SF more than TB and he definitely enjoys being in SM more anyway since it lets him keep on using Siegfried, so TB likely wins out over Butler. If you're not above buying skills, there's always making him marry Felicia in a previous run and just keep on buying TB for him.

A good IK setup, since I'm entirely biased towards Ryoumarx and will shove those two together at any given opportunity (meaning A+ Ryouma is a given and he'll get Trueblade off this) Fighter might work well here since I like HP+5 over whatever Merc gives anyway. He does look nice in a butler suit, though, I'll give him that.

Charlotte uh

Oni on Nohr, Archer on IK? Same idea as Rinka's, but in reverse, I guess.

I mean who else do I even like enough

Right

Baki

Baki gets Lance Fighter this is easy

What does Suzukaze want?

Edited by Thor Odinson

If you really want Xander to rock as a tank, you could give him Rod Knight for Tomebreaker because he has a strong distaste for Magic. Then he just nabs Swordfaire and maybe Vantage from Ryoma.

Takumi mostly just wants to stop being blamed for everything Copycat, maybe a proc (Aether wouldn't be an opportunity cost and procs at the same percent as Astra), and something to boost his speed like Speed Drain or Swallow Strike.

I've never tried to understand the nuances of optimal pairing and children and such. I marry for love (LOL).

My current plan (subject to change), is to marry Silas in Hoshido; Kaze or Flannel in Nohr; and Kaze or Joker (Jakob) in Revelations; Are these really bad picks? Specifically Silas, since I haven't heard all that much about him.

Edited by kisooni

Well I mean, this thread's meaning to optimize Kamui for the benefit of the spouse you're marrying for love

so

like the idea is, you pick your fav, then figure out what kamui can do to make your fav better

the actual optimization thread is another thing

In my game i choose +str -luck and second class samurai. My wife is luna so when i use marriage seal she get the samurai class and i get the mercenary class. And the little Kanna will get samurai(vantage + astra) mercenary (sol), pegasus warrior (swallow strike) and sun god.

I've never tried to understand the nuances of optimal pairing and children and such. I marry for love (LOL).

My current plan (subject to change), is to marry Silas in Hoshido; Kaze or Flannel in Nohr; and Kaze or Joker (Jakob) in Revelations; Are these really bad picks? Specifically Silas, since I haven't heard all that much about him.

It's not about bad picks. We're just trying to see what class will you give them with your secondary. For instance, Silas in Hoshido could like another Nohr centric skill, while Flannel could do well with Renewal, since he wants to always be a beast or berserker.

In my game i choose +str -luck and second class samurai. My wife is luna so when i use marriage seal she get the samurai class and i get the mercenary class. And the little Kanna will get samurai(vantage + astra) mercenary (sol), pegasus warrior (swallow strike) and sun god.

She won't get pegasus warrior unless she S/A+ supports a pegasus warrior.

Edited by Tooru

In my secondary file, I plan on marrying Flannel w/ Priest as my secondary class. Seems weird, but...

• Flannel could benefit from having both Renewal and Odd Cry in his skills. That's 70% health restore on odd turns, and 30% on even turns.
  • With Magic Counter, Flannel wouldn't have to worry about mages as much.

when u list only 2 things but still bullet them

Does anyone have suggestions on what I should give Nishiki, though? On my main playthrough I'm choosing Fighter so Male Kanna can pass it on to Mitama and make her the Berserker she wants to be, but I wouldn't mind getting Nishiki some optimal skills on another playthrough.

In my secondary file, I plan on marrying Flannel w/ Priest as my secondary class. Seems weird, but...

• Flannel could benefit from having both Renewal and Odd Cry in his skills. That's 70% health restore on odd turns, and 30% on even turns.
  • With Magic Counter, Flannel wouldn't have to worry about mages as much.

when u list only 2 things but still bullet them

Does anyone have suggestions on what I should give Nishiki, though? On my main playthrough I'm choosing Fighter so Male Kanna can pass it on to Mitama and make her the Berserker she wants to be, but I wouldn't mind getting Nishiki some optimal skills on another playthrough.

Magic Counter can't reduce magic damage.

It just helps Flannel in something he never worries about.

She won't get pegasus warrior unless she S/A+ supports a pegasus warrior.

If Kamui has merc as secondary then won't Luna get the hoshidan equivlent since she can't get norh princess from kamui so merc counts as his primary in this case? would this cause Kanna to inherit pegasus due to the paternal/maternal merc overlap? Kanna starts as a norh princess so always inherits kamui's secondary.

If Kamui has merc as secondary then won't Luna get the hoshidan equivlent since she can't get norh princess from kamui so merc counts as his primary in this case? would this cause Kanna to inherit pegasus due to the paternal/maternal merc overlap? Kanna starts as a norh princess so always inherits kamui's secondary.

Not sure about the merc Kamui x Luna thing, but yes, Kanna would inherit Pegasus Knight if merc Kamui and Luna marry.

Magic Counter can't reduce magic damage.

It just helps Flannel in something he never worries about.

I never said it would reduce magic damage lol.

It would help Flannel because then mages wouldn't come to him at all. Why pick off that unit for 20 HP if it'll do the same to you? And he'll just recover it and be at full health in 2 turns?

EDIT: @you saying Sieghart's Kanna wouldn't get Pegasus: they technically wouldnt, but Luna and Kamui (A+ Tsubaki) could each pass down a skill from it. Just felt like pointing it out cx

Edited by Pokechu

Unless you want to do LeoKumi for shipping purposes (which...doesn't really benefit him much unfortunately, unless you want to run Golden Kite with Bowbreaker I /guess/ but Takumi flies his own ass anyway), his best gameplay A+ is definitely Ryouma. So I'm going to assume Ryouma A+ because this is about optimization

Takumi prolly want something to either give him speed (peg warrior gives swallow strike and spd+2) or copycat for more Takumi. He could also benefit from Ogre Strike since critkumi is quite a thing, though I think his speed is probably the number 1 priority, especially if this is optimizing for ingame instead of postgame, since he'll never have to step foot into Peg warrior to get Swallow Strike if you promote him to GKW first.

If you go for copycat instead of speed improvement, there's two options: Ninja or Herb Merchant. Both are pretty solid options. It really depends on what you want Takumi to do, in the end. Copycat itself isn't too impractical other than the fact that you'll have to hit level 15 promoted (I always talk ingame with a no-grind assumption; if you grind, this is obviously not a problem anymore); It keeps his bow usage and has a bunch of movement, so it's alright even if the stats are a bit low. If you only care about ingame, either works. I guess ninja's probably a bit better because Snake Venom or something as an added bonus.

The real difference between Herb Merch vs Ninja is postgame, though. None of this shit is practical to get in-game, so it'll be about postgame/dlc/pvp settings. Herb Merch is good if you want to run pure damage builds (since it gets you Extravagance and Ryouma can get him LoD) and Ninja is good if you want Procstacking (Lethality isn't very likely to proc, but shove it on top of Flamboyant and Breaking Sky and Astra and it's very likely something will go off) so it depends on what you want him to do, as he's equipped to do both with some help from his lobster bro.

Ultimately it's really up to what you want to do with him. The guy has options.

Anyway

wrt Crimson, I'm thinking fighter or oni, fighter mostly for postgame uses since she'd want to stay tanky for the duration of Hoshido route (and she has GK for another grounded axe tank option) considering there's no shortage of high damage dealers, especially with Ryouma's existence, but her tankiness really hinges on her being in a tanky class since her personals are actually not very high. She'll likely have good axe rank (C Axe vs D Lance base) and a crit-based personal (though activating that will be tricky and very risky) to synergise with Berserker. Samurai might also be interesting if you don't care about grinding up ranks due to Vantage (why can't she marry Ryouma again), but Berserker's probably better.

w/e i'll just do 3 runs with her to get those skills haha

Edited by Thor Odinson

Speaking of Kamuisexuals...

What secondary class should I have for Anna? I'm asking more in terms of end class (I want to reclass her as something other than Adventurer) than skills, because I'm quite fond of Anna and I'm willing to run several playthroughs for her. She also seems to be a popular Kamuisexual pick, so I'm pretty sure I can buy skills for her off some My Castle's, at the least. I mean, it obviously wouldn't hurt if the secondary class did provide some awesome skills for Anna, but that's just not my main focus.

I'd prefer to run a hybrid Anna, and I have a huge bias for Revenant Knight (especially since Camilla's magic is not all that stunning, and I'll probably reclass her to Wyvern Lord), so I was wondering if Wyvern Rider would be a good secondary class pick... Deadly Breath for Corrin wouldn't hurt either. But there are obviously other hybrid classes out there, and I don't know which one suits her the best.

Any suggestions?

wrt Crimson, I'm thinking fighter or oni, fighter mostly for postgame uses since she'd want to stay tanky for the duration of Hoshido route (and she has GK for another grounded axe tank option) considering there's no shortage of high damage dealers, especially with Ryouma's existence, but her tankiness really hinges on her being in a tanky class since her personals are actually not very high. She'll likely have good axe rank (C Axe vs D Lance base) and a crit-based personal (though activating that will be tricky and very risky) to synergise with Berserker. Samurai might also be interesting if you don't care about grinding up ranks due to Vantage (why can't she marry Ryouma again), but Berserker's probably better.

This has given me a bit to think about. I plan on S-supporting Crimson in one Birthright playthrough and did not know what would be a good secondary class for a M!MU to give her. It was a toss up between the Figher and Samurai trees but I think Fighter would be better. Her final class for me will be Wyvern Lord cuz I like wyverns, so Axefaire will be good for her.

Going Oni's probably best for Ryouma since now you're emulating Rinka but with better mods with this. Ryouma benefits pretty heavily from having Ogre Strike, and Lancebreaker patches up his one weakness. It also has the nice side effect of throwing Ogre Strike at Shino too, who's also in a crit class.

No mention of kunai? How come? Aren't kunai good against swords too?

Hmmm... Any other ideas for optimizing Crimson that don't involve skill buying?

No mention of kunai? How come? Aren't kunai good against swords too?

Lancebreaker is a neat byproduct of having Oni, not the actual goal. Merc/Adventurer doesn't really bring him anything but Kunaibreaker, while Ryouma's end goal is Ogre Strike. Lancebreaker is just a nice little thing that comes with Ogre strike. Ryouma's job is to delete enemies off the field every time he attacks something, his job isn't tanking. That's Marx.

Getting Kunaibreaker would just mean that he loses out on Ogre Strike when the priority for Ryouma is most definitely offense over defense.

Hmmm... Any other ideas for optimizing Crimson that don't involve skill buying?

I imagine Wyvern's honestly fine as is for ingame. For postgame/pvp, who the fuck really cares, you're dealing with hackers at that point skillbuying's there to just level your playing field.

Edited by Thor Odinson