Unit Practicality Thread

Wayward Alchemist

As for the other comment about her needing to reach D-rank lances by 19 - There are several others who can do this as well, but if you really want her specifically, paralogues are a thing. Just save one for before 19. Or, use her in 18 as much as you can and you should have D-rank in lances a few turns into chapter 19.

Many lance classes in Nohr are beasts.

If a player happens to have no General, Wyvern Lord becomes the only choice.

Even if he is using General, the performance of General and Wyvern Lord are much different in this chapter. Since he already knows how to beat Nohr 19 with Wyvern Lord(or General)+Beast Killer, he may not want to try General(or Wyvern Lord)+Beast Killer or no Beast Killer.

Assume the tactics has to be Wyvern Lord+Beast Killer, Camilla seems to be the only one.

Even if somebody notices that Xander starts with D-lance and has access to Wyvern Lord, he may still think Camilla is a better choice for some reasons.

Edited by Tooru

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I have a hypothesis here for Mozume (under the assumption that you want to use her for reasons). I think that GKW might be the best clas for her because although it has crap caps, most units will probably end up at about the same level as a cap rammed Mozume due to inferior growths. She retains any Lance rank she has built up (giving her the ability to snag LoD from Weapons Master if you wish) and also has bows and 8 movement.

I don't think GKW Mozume will use Lances.

There are better choices for fighting Swords or Tomes. Even if you have to use Mozume, she has high Skl and Raven Strike for full hit rate. Also there are Reverse Yumi and Magicslayer Arrow.

You are just choosing between a high movement bower and a more offensive bower.

Edited by Tooru

I don't think GKW Mozume will use Lances.

There are better choices for fighting Swords or Tomes. Even if you have to use Mozume, she has high Skl and Raven Strike for full hit rate. Also there are Reverse Yumi and Magicslayer Arrow.

You are just choosing between a high movement bower and a more offensive bower.

Speaking of the Magicslayer Arrow, isn't it still at WTD against Tomes? Because if so, it wouldn't be a good weapon for anti-mage use.

Speaking of the Magicslayer Arrow, isn't it still at WTD against Tomes? Because if so, it wouldn't be a good weapon for anti-mage use.

Mozume has high Skl and Raven Strike for full hit rate so that is not a problem.

If you are not thinking about beating but tanking, there are better tanks, and Mozume can equip Mirror Yumi.

+Str/-Res (aka the Lumi) Samurai.

I'm flattered that +Str -Res is now associated with my name :P

I have my misgivings about that one (basically, the fact that -Res also makes your speed growth take a hit, as well as Corrin not exactly having good Res to begin with)...

the -5% on speed is nothing when you're running Trueblade; Between Samurai/TB's high base and the 20% class growth you won't miss, the, what, 2 points of speed you lose over 40 levels from a -5%

You can just send people who aren't bad at res to deal with mages (see: Kaze), enemies aren't gonna hit both stats at once, don't position badly and you'll be fine

I mean what, there's 1 magic weapon type to 5 physical (with a few mag variant) weapon types

I feel you have an aversion to pretty much every type of flaw commonly picked; I mean, it's a flaw for a reason, if you can not have one you'd be even more OP

what /don't/ you have an aversion to

Edited by Thor Odinson

Mozume has high Skl and Raven Strike for full hit rate so that is not a problem.

If you are not thinking about beating but tanking, there are better tanks, and Mozume can equip Mirror Yumi.

I was more thinking about defeating mages - and to that end, I'm sure you could easily do better than using a weapon that is not only horrifically inaccurate, but also gets WTD against the very enemies it's meant to be used on, dropping its already shitty accuracy even further down the gutter. Oh, and as another kick in the nuts, even against said enemies, a Silver Yumi does better.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Well I mean I'd rather be weak to physical weapons then be weak to magic and just a bit slower. I planned on ending as a White Blood so I don't know..

It's easier to get away with being bad at defense if you pick a class that has more reliable 2 range options. Or go for a tanky class to offset the def (wyvern looks pretty nice, actually) I guess White Blood does have Dragonstone, but that's also a waste of your high speed.

Me, I'm going Trueblade. -Def sounds like a disaster and a half waiting to happen in that class.

It's easier to get away with being bad at defense if you pick a class that has more reliable 2 range options. Or go for a tanky class to offset the def (wyvern looks pretty nice, actually) I guess White Blood does have Dragonstone, but that's also a waste of your high speed.

Me, I'm going Trueblade. -Def sounds like a disaster and a half waiting to happen in that class.

I mean if I could I'd end up as a Brave Hero, believe me. I can, but it feels weird to not end up as a White Blood tbh...

I'm flattered that +Str -Res is now associated with my name :P

the -5% on speed is nothing when you're running Trueblade; Between Samurai/TB's high base and the 20% class growth you won't miss, the, what, 2 points of speed you lose over 40 levels from a -5%

You can just send people who aren't bad at res to deal with mages (see: Kaze), enemies aren't gonna hit both stats at once, don't position badly and you'll be fine

I mean what, there's 1 magic weapon type to 5 physical (with a few mag variant) weapon types

I feel you have an aversion to pretty much every type of flaw commonly picked; I mean, it's a flaw for a reason, if you can not have one you'd be even more OP

what /don't/ you have an aversion to

First statement: Cool beans.

Everything else: The one flaw I have no issues taking is skill, given that compared to other stats, skill just hasn't been able to stay relevant. Whilst normally, dropping mages can be done by mage killers, I read that most units in this game tend to either have good defense or good resistance, which makes dealing with enemy groups that feature both melee and magic units somewhat complicated.

Sometimes you just gotta take a mage in the face, it's not going to kill you as long as you watch ranges and calculate damages. If I can take Lunatic+'s HawkeyeLuna+ hackforges in the face and live fine with -Res, clearly it's not that much of a concern.

So why is Trueblade good for Lunatic? I would have to assume it's just for a hyper offensive Yato abusing Corrin, but isn't that outclassed by Ryoma's 1-2 range and the fact that the Yato only becomes super OP in the last chapter or so?

It's mostly for Nohr, where speedy units are a lot more lacking. Also helps out Marx.

Also the fact that Ryouma is OP doesn't change the fact that he is also only one guy, and rout chapters still exists.

Class diversity is really really overrated.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I was more thinking about defeating mages - and to that end, I'm sure you could easily do better than using a weapon that is not only horrifically inaccurate, but also gets WTD against the very enemies it's meant to be used on, dropping its already shitty accuracy even further down the gutter. Oh, and as another kick in the nuts, even against said enemies, a Silver Yumi does better.

Do you mean Reverse Yumi, which is also a yumi?

Still no reason to use Naginata when we have to use Mozume to beat mages.

And, why must we use Mozume to beat mages when she cannot OHKO them?

Edited by Tooru

Do you mean Reverse Yumi, which is also a yumi?

Still no reason to use Naginata when we have to use Mozume to beat mages.

And, why must we use Mozume to beat mages when she cannot OHKO them?

I meant the Magicslayer Arrow... :facepalm: The whole thing about "WTD on the very enemies it was meant to be used on" should've been a clue. Edited by Levant Colthearts

I'd say Bow Knight!Felicia > Hero!Felicia. +1 move > 2 def.

I mean, the guy already has 8 mov at base. He really doesn't need it lol.

So why is Trueblade good for Lunatic? I would have to assume it's just for a hyper offensive Yato abusing Corrin, but isn't that outclassed by Ryoma's 1-2 range and the fact that the Yato only becomes super OP in the last chapter or so?

TB Kamui x Jakob gets really stupid really fast. +10 Avo from class, +10 Avo from Lv 2 Yato, +15 Avo from Jakob personal. An extra 30 on player phase from Flowing strike. Then you throw in swordfaire in addition to Yato buffs. The aforementioned Asset/Flaw setup also boasts 70% Str and 60% Spd along with like 45% Def or something. It's just really silly.

First statement: Cool beans.

Everything else: The one flaw I have no issues taking is skill, given that compared to other stats, skill just hasn't been able to stay relevant. Whilst normally, dropping mages can be done by mage killers, I read that most units in this game tend to either have good defense or good resistance, which makes dealing with enemy groups that feature both melee and magic units somewhat complicated.

I'd hate to take skill as a flaw because hit rates are dicks sometimes in this game. Skill flaw is like -20% growth so RIP procs.

Edit: also your last statement is correct. The only way to deal with mixed offense enemy groups is to either dodge them all (Trueblade hype!) or have good mixed Bulk (Leo, Camilia, and Saizou do this pretty well).

So what about Bow Corrin, especially in Nohr? Maybe Bow Knight for the Yato and Mov? (S)he could also bring Merc or Outlaw to Hoshidonand inversely Bowman (for Bowfaire if you wanted it) to Nohr.

Bows aren't that important in Nohr.. Or anywhere really. If you were to go Bow Knight in Nohr it would be for Kunai Breaker. Edited by Ownagepuffs

Okay so what DO you need more of in each route? I've heard about speed in Nohr, but is a tanky Corrin viable in Hoshido?

In other news, what about Rinkah for M!Corrin's spouse in Hoshido and IK? Doesn't give the Avoid boost like Jakob, but gives more Speed as an S support and also gives him Oni skills (notably Ogre Strike and Shove) that he couldn't get otherwise. It's not as good but it's something.

But wait there's more for Hoshido: Crimson exists. Wyvern Lord gives almost the same boosts to Corrin as GK but the lack of the personal still sucks.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Crimson is an extremely good combat unit. You don't really want to have her paired up in the back with Kamui all the time.

Even if you're pairing everyone up, you can always switch them around so a unit will always stay in the back only if you really want them to.