New Challenge Run?

Epic10is321

Hi everyone. I've played Awakening a bunch of times and wanted another challenge for another play through. Here's my thought:

All characters that can support with every other 1st generation character (you know who I mean) are only able to support with a select few--this means a cap of 4 or 5 per character that includes possible S-Ranks and same-sex supports (up to A-Rank)

I could list out exactly who would be able to support with who if you want, but I figured it would change from person to person and take a while so that could be a story for another time.

Some other requirements:

Hard/Classic

No DLC

No bonus box items or calling teams, but spotpass maps are fine

No grinding

Oh, also this rule applies to children if they're recruited in the play through--supports with parents and then 4 or 5 other supports with possible S-Ranks and same-sex supports.

The avatar could support with anyone with a pulse, no questions asked.

Does this sound like a good challenge?

Too easy, honestly

I often play single-gender+final weapon type runs on hard where supports are a lot more limited (since no S ranks period except Chrom's forced one) and hard is not really a place where that really affects too much; pair up will still crush everything anyway

Wyvern Panne x Hero Cordelia is amazing, btw

the hardest one was probably all male all magic but that's more because i had like 5 people in my party and getting virion to level 10 so he can reclass while lowmanning is a bit of a hassle

Considering that one S support is vastly more useful than four C supports, it doesn't really sound like you're banning anything important. It's pretty rare to switch support partners past Cht.6 in the first place unless you're doing some other kind of challenge run or are otherwise in a situation where fighting with your current S isn't optimal.

the hardest one was probably all male all magic but that's more because i had like 5 people in my party and getting virion to level 10 so he can reclass while lowmanning is a bit of a hassle

how did you get chrom to use magic

for a good challenge, maybe a little too easy.

I once made this challenge back in the days with following rules:

[spoiler=Rules]

Difficulty Setting: Hard/Classic
Resets and Deaths: Allowed
Risen Encounters: Not allowed
Pair-Up: Allowed
Characters Allowed: anyone you can get in main chapters.
Support Restrictions: Only Chrom can S-support. (And Robin if Chrom's Spouse)
DLC: Not Allowed
Bonus Box: Not Allowed
Event Tiles: Event titles are not allowed. If player goes to an event tile, results a game over. (Even if only exp or support points are earned)
Items Allowed: [use only items you can get from the main chapter maps.]
Miscellaneous Restrictions:
You are not allowed to listen barracks conversations.
You are not allowed to recive anything from wireless menu.
You cannot access to Shops.
You can use only master seals to promote units. Second seals are not allowed.
You need to clear every chapter within 20 turns if the objective is to rout enemy. if the turn number exceeds 20, it’s game over.
You need to clear every chapter within 10 turns if the objective is to defeat leader. If the turn number exceeds 10, it’s game over.

The challenge has some stupid parts like the S-Support and event tile restrictions. the early game was rather easy but after defeating walhart, My demo run consisted of using mostly F!Robin and Chrom, F!Robin!Lucina supported with Cheche or kellam (Don't remember that well anymore). I never really cleared a clean no death- run on this challenge mostly because of chapter 23. ( 39% Crit Ruins that deal 30 damage are quite scary and made some of my strategies luck based.)

Not sure if this is already a too hard of a challenge for your taste, tho.

how did you get chrom to use magic

If you really, REALLY want Chrom to use magic, turn him into a Dread Fighter. Or stick him with a Levin Sword.

If you really, REALLY want Chrom to use magic, turn him into a Dread Fighter. Or stick him with a Levin Sword.

You can't use a dread fighter schrool on people under level 10, whic chrom can't reasionably get to otherwise (he can't use levin swords either, because they are c and he starts at e+10). (although i could see the run having an exception like "can grind chrom to level 10 on non-plot battles".)

Edited by sirmola

You can't use a dread fighter schrool on people under level 10, whic chrom can't reasionably get to otherwise (he can't use levin swords either, because they are c and he starts at e+10). (although i could see the run having an exception like "must grind chrom to level 10 on non-plot battles".)

So get him to level 10 so he can be a part of the run! As for Levin Swords, a couple of Arms Scrolls will do the trick. I'm not sure which one you think is closer to the spirit of your run (having Chrom do some leveling for his final class, or hoping that Anna sells the right goods).

Edited by eclipse

• 2 months later...

I do whats called the "Tellius Challenge"

basically the rules of Radiant Dawn applies. You can only use 2 class changes per unit (for example, make Robin a grandmaster, and then a paladin later)

which means you can get to "level 60"

You can not risen grind however.

Sully can only use lances until she promotes

Stahl can only use swords until he promotes

Ricken can only use wind tomes until he promotes

Miriel can only use fire tomes until she promotes

Laurent can only use thunder tomes until he promotes

Prepromotes can only be class changed once (only 1 second seal. No master seals aloud. This includes Frederick, Say'ri, Emmeryn, Yen'fay, Anna, Priam, Walhart, Aversa, and Gangrel)

Donnel, Nowi, Nah, Panne, Tiki and Yarne (and potentially Morgan) need to be second sealed at level 20, if they surpass level 20 in their original class, that will be considered a master seal.

classic mode required

the only exception to the risen grinding is if you want a child unit but cant get the support in game.