Project M is no more

Jedi

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and yet no one with the info that we want is allowed to disclose such info

clearly just start your own Project µ: Evolved and wait for someone to give you the details

what more details do we want at this point? exactly what parts of the law they'd be gotten on?

Does anybody have any idea what Lyn is saying, and whether the voice clips are from another source or original? I'm watching some videos of the dev build and it just strikes me as odd.

what more details do we want at this point? exactly what parts of the law they'd be gotten on?

That wouldn't actually very difficult to find. Just kinda tedious.

What remains mysterious is what kind of event happened that sent them into a panic and forces them to shut up about it, yet they have received no C&D, no threats, no lawsuits, and most importantly have not even been contacted by the companies at all.

It could be an insider tip of the legal team starting to move, but then again, the demand is also exceedingly precise: "do not release any new version or let other people mod it for you." It's not "stop existing and competing with us" because the PMDT are clearly encouraging people to keep playing and expanding on 3.6. I simply cannot fathom what kind of context would prompt something like that.

It almost sounds more like a magic spell at this point.

The entire thing came from a single source. Only two people know exactly what the source said, who they are, and why they would be reliable. The creative team was warned about it about 12 days before the announcement. Every other info (including what the newPMDT guy knows) since then has been filtered through the PMDT. Some of the PMDT members have been caught openly lying about their project in the past, and the announcements they've made recently both on their website and their subreddit have also been quite misleading (yeah, sure, you consider it complete...). In short, we're trusting an unreliable source to ascertain the reliability of a unique, unknown source...

There's also which "three companies" were threatening them (without threatening them...). Not many companies would be willing to skip the C&D and sue directly for no money, awful public image, and a slower procedure than the just-as-effective trusty C&D. To my knowledge, Nintendo has never attempted to sue individuals for copyright infringement. They did it for a piracy issue, and all they got for it was some really bad community backlash.

Keep in mind, it's quite easy to prove a loss of profit with pirating. Not so much with derivative works. One more reason to quickly C&D it under the rug.

I doubt we'll get all those answers until things cool down a bit. In the mean time, there's always digging through the P:M's files for treasure I guess.

Probably someone who wants a working Vault.

We're working on it, actually. :) We just might be able to pull it off before Christmas. Fingers crossed.

The post also comes with a very strongly worded caution to people who are modding, even for personal stuff that won't be released-to stop modding until this all blows over or possibly for good. Whatever's going on is pretty steep.

That worries me, because I like brawl minus too much just because of how silly it is, and am even friends with some of the developers of the mod, it would really suck if all the modders in the brawl community got targeted all of a sudden like this.

Edited by MrStardustRicon