Tactician in FE8? (Please Help!)

SkylerL2735

So recently I've been working on FE7 games. I wanted a world map that you could choose where to go, so I began to work on FE8. It was then that I thought to myself, "There's no tactician!" So basically what this is is that I'm wondering if there is any possible way to do that and how would it be accomplished? I would greatly appreciate the help :)

There's no easy/simple way.

First you would need the animations and the script for disarmed/ attack/ critical/ dodge/ ranged_attack_with_sword/lance/axe/tomes/staves.

Then you can extend the animation list using Feditor where you will put the above animations with the script.

Then it would be faster to decide which of the existing classes to replace. (ex. You can replace one of the 2 lords)

Then rename the class you replace into "tactician" with Feditor.

Then go into HxD and write in free space the necessary bytes which tie the various weapons/tomes/staves and dodge with the animation you previously inserted.

Then you need to synchronise the battle palette since the existing character palette will not tie smoothly with the new animation. It's easier to make the battle animation have the palette you want from start, then you can set the character that will use the "tact" class have a "default" palette when using that special class.

Then you need to make an appropriate mug for that special character that uses the same palette (optional; can be any color but the same colors will look more natural) witht he animations.

Then you need to make world map moving sprites which i still haven't looked into/ learned how to do.

Then you need to test everything in all battle situations to see if they work.

Also you need to decide if the "tactician" will use STR+MAG stat or only one of them. There's a patch that allows both to work without glitches.

Read / look these:

http://www.feshrine.net/ultimatetutorial/ Ch.57+58+61

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43147&hl=%2Bbattle+%2Banimation
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34510&page=11#entry2881467

Videos:

P.S. I've seen some people that have already created the animations for the "tactician".

Maybe if you find them and ask them, they will lend you their spritework along with the script.

Edited by BrightVega

I understood that OP is asking if it's possible to do the thing where you pick a name and it gets referred to in-game by that name. Wouldn't have to create battle animations if you don't want it to be a combat character, just import the map animations from FE7. The hard part would be the name bit and creating a [Tactician] command (or whatever the actual syntax is) for FEditor, which is probably very complicated.

EDIT: Creating a custom class doesn't require replacing an existing one, just repoint and expand the class table. There's guides around but I don't have to time to find them.

Edited by Tequila

Well you'll most certainly need ASm, which you can learn to do, which AFAIK is quite the time investment.

Or you could get one of the ASM Hackers to do it for you, there's a 99% chance you'll have to pay the hacker for it (it's a time investment for them as well after all).

you could probably jank together some kind of "TALK TO ME IF YOU WANT THE LETTER H" event but that might be too annoying to actually use

fe13's tactician class, on the other hand, is comparatively simple; you just need to make the animation and install the str/mag patch.

Edited by CT075

I understood that OP is asking if it's possible to do the thing where you pick a name and it gets referred to in-game by that name. Wouldn't have to create battle animations if you don't want it to be a combat character, just import the map animations from FE7. The hard part would be the name bit and creating a [Tactician] command (or whatever the actual syntax is) for FEditor, which is probably very complicated.

EDIT: Creating a custom class doesn't require replacing an existing one, just repoint and expand the class table. There's guides around but I don't have to time to find them.

Lol yea, this is what I was asking mostly, with the option of being male or female (yes, and they will be in battle as well. I'm not very familiar with stuff like ASm :P

This sounded nigh impossible, but then I remembered that the Link Arena in FE8 still has the name entry screen. Find a way to call that, save the tactician name somewhere, and use [G] to display it in conversations. So it's actually only very difficult (probably).

That might actually work, I'll have to search for it, and I imagine it wouldn't be easy to do :/