Realism in Terms of Kamui's Sexuality

GrayClouds23

I don't think there're any changes whatsoever. It would've been great to see others react to it though, because it seems like gay marriage isn't considered normal in Nohr.

In their S-rank conversation, Kamui first goes "But I'm a guy". Later on, Zero says "...I guess it's impossible. It would be fine (receiving a proposal) from a woman, but from a man..."

So it's probably not a widely accepted concept.

It's more of a trope than a way to tell us that homosexual relationships aren't considered normal.

the "But I'm a guy" is the type of reaction that you can see in a lot of japanese's media, even the one where the world is full of gay and it's like girls doesn't exist...

I don't think IS put any tought in the same-sex romance/LGBT characters, Zero and Syalla same-sex romance seen like a last minute addition and we have Soleil who probably can marry guys only because she is suppose to fill a slot in the marriage system( the cast was created in a way you always have a egal number of male and female character without counting kamui/kanna and kamuisexual)

Edited by exizel

It's more of a trope than a way to tell us that homosexual relationships aren't considered normal.

the "But I'm a guy" is the type of reaction that you can see in a lot of japanese's media, even the one where the world is full of gay and it's like girls doesn't exist...

I don't think IS put any tought in the same-sex romance/LGBT characters, Zero and Syalla same-sex romance seen like a last minute addition and we have Soleil who probably can marry guys only because she is suppose to fill a slot in the marriage system( the cast was created in a way you always have a egal number of male and female character without counting kamui/kanna and kamuisexual)

True that the "but I'm a guy" thing happens all the time in BL, even if 9/10s of the cast is gay, but I think that's just because the story is focused on them. The rest of the world still doesn't think of homosexual relationships as normal, we just don't see much of their reaction other than possibly when they're faceless people in the background.

But yeah, IS didn't write them very well. If only Soleil did have female marriage candidates.

should a 48 year old Liu Bei be allowed to Marry a 15 year old Lady Sun, even if it is a political marriage this is beyond messed up, granted you could make the argument you weren't a "child" at 15 back in 200 AD china, but come on.

Make that 16 years old and it's perfectly legal here in the UK, with the parents permission.

Edited by EJ107

Make that 16 years old and it's perfectly legal here in the UK, with the parents permission.

thats creepy.

and nah i don't think they have any reason to remove the same sex thing, seeing how, atleast in america where i live, people are more tolerant of that then in japan.

i just kinda wish the same sex options weren't "bisexual stereotype #1" and "white tharja"

There's no evidence that suggests in any way what the characters should feel about it besides the fact that no one tells you off for doing it. In which case if you're going to disregard that as evidence, you can just make up whatever you want.

Well, this is a game where people ride dragons while shooting lightning at their enemies and has magical kingdoms from different dimensions, so I'm not sure why people are constantly stuck with this "realism" idea. :tangerinedry:

I'm pretty sure there's a thing called magical realism, although I'm admittedly not an expert on it.

I'm pretty sure there's a thing called magical realism, although I'm admittedly not an expert on it.

I think it goes something like these characters aren't magical mystical beings who would react differently, they are humans therefore they should act like normal humans act. If they where like elves or something then it would be different.

Well, this is a game where people ride dragons while shooting lightning at their enemies and has magical kingdoms from different dimensions, so I'm not sure why people are constantly stuck with this "realism" idea. :tangerinedry:

Sigh, people never seem to understand what I'm trying to say do they? I meant realism in terms of freaking this world. Shitty world it may be, that's how it works. It's the truth, and the truth is EVERLASTING. Haha, now before you start saying shit like "homophobe" or some stupid BS like that, I'm bisexual myself, so don't even go there. It won't work, ahaha~

These characters are based off of humans. IN this world, homosexuality is still taboo in many places. Yeah yeah yeah, it's legal in America and so on, but many people are not very accepting of it. It's the truth. haha

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Neither side is arguing this properly.

You can't counter problems with realism by saying, "but dragons and magic!" That's a strawman, stuff like that is part of the world and works within the suspension of disbelief the story provides. At the same time, you can't criticize something for being unrealistic because it doesn't conform to the rules of our world if the story doesn't take place in our world. What matters is consistency and keeping to the rules of the given world. If there's no rule that says homosexuals in this world are discriminated against, there's no reason to treat them that way.

I didn't make this thread for a goddamn argument, but whatever. What's said has been said, and that's the truth.

You posted an opinion on the internet, and that means you're inviting people to respond. Some will disagree with you.