Tana Vanessa or Syrene

SS pegs!  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

• Tana
    • Vanessa
    • Syrene

I got to thinking about how people are saying Vanessa is better than Tana in terms of supports and I disagree.

Sure, she's got anima people to support with as well as being anima herself meaning she can help bolster the pretty crappy defense of most Pegasus Knights. My issue is that I don't really like her support options. Moulder is pretty great, sure, but I like L'Arachel better in terms of growths and what not. (I know she takes a lot longer to build up, but I like to have someone that prioritizes in healing and her movement gives her the advantage in that over Moulder.) I don't really like Lute because her constitution is TERRIBLE so even guys with half her speed don't get doubled by her until she really gets up there in levels.

Tana has better options in terms of what those units bring to the table. Ephraim is just god-mode as one of the most powerful guys you can get as well as one of the most defensively capable guys you can get, PLUS he's a main character, PLUS he gets great unique weaponry. Cormag is a great pair for her because they bolster each other's offense (yay damage) and they both fly, meaning you can send them on "special missions" like I'm prone to do, hitting enemies behind their front-lines before they get the chance to utilize those sages against my resistance-light frontliners. Eirika is also pretty awesome, as a swordmaster with a horse.

I'd rather take the slow starter with supports with other units I am definitely going to be using.

AnimaxAnima gives Vanessa +5 Attack and Defense, and +25% Avoid. Moulder is much better than L'Arachel and will be used over her. L'Arachel's only advantage is a mere 1 Movement anyways. Lute has enough AS to double and can use Thunder without AS loss after promotion. Two of the best characters, and Vanessa supports them.

Not really. :/ On Eirika's route, Tana is totally supportless. Eirika has Seth A, Forde B already, and everyone else on her list aren't good on her route. In Ephraim's route, Tana fares much better. She can possibly get Ephraim A, so Duessel and Cormag can A support each-other. Cormag will probably want a B support with Tana, but it's incredibly slow.

Vanessa supports with two awesome characters, while Tana is supportless half the time.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 movement and grotesque stat growths, meaning she'll surpass his attack power once she promotes.

Don't tell me who I'm going to use, SS. It's asinine to assume that there's something that's going to be done every time because the game has viable alternatives, always.

Lute's AS is good enough to double EVENTUALLY (she doubles with just a regular Fire Tome, but fails with anything heavier until promotion) but Artur's starts out good enough to double immediately with heavier tomes. His growths aren't too far behind hers. I'm not saying she's bad overall, but she starts pretty crappy. Also, I think Bishop is a superior class to Sage because Slayer is absolutely amazing.

Also don't tell me who I've had support whom. You're doing the whole "BUT THIS IS WHAT WE AIM FOR" thing on me, but it's not what I aim for.

Eirika has a ridiculous amount of options for supports. She's not ALWAYS going to have Seth/Forde especially because I don't like Forde (I find Franz to be better). Granted, if you set up Eirika that way, Tana isn't going to be as good. If you set them up that way. If you drop Forde, Vanessa can get B rank with her and then get A with Cormag. Hell, drop Seth if you want because while I know he's a good unit, I'd rather raise up other guys during the time he's not gaining a lot of experience. (Gilliam, for example, who is just about my favorite unit in the game.) Yeah it takes awhile, but man, every support in this game takes a ridiculous amount of time to build up so I'm not worried about taking an extra ten rounds or so per rank.

What I'm trying to say is that arguing a character is supportless holds no ground because that just means she's supportless that current playthrough. Plan ahead on who supports who and you won't run into that problem.

1 movement and grotesque stat growths, meaning she'll surpass his attack power once she promotes.

Don't tell me who I'm going to use, SS. It's asinine to assume that there's something that's going to be done every time because the game has viable alternatives, always.

Lute's AS is good enough to double EVENTUALLY (she doubles with just a regular Fire Tome, but fails with anything heavier until promotion) but Artur's starts out good enough to double immediately with heavier tomes. His growths aren't too far behind hers. I'm not saying she's bad overall, but she starts pretty crappy. Also, I think Bishop is a superior class to Sage because Slayer is absolutely amazing.

Also don't tell me who I've had support whom. You're doing the whole "BUT THIS IS WHAT WE AIM FOR" thing on me, but it's not what I aim for.

Eirika has a ridiculous amount of options for supports. She's not ALWAYS going to have Seth/Forde especially because I don't like Forde (I find Franz to be better). Granted, if you set up Eirika that way, Tana isn't going to be as good. If you set them up that way. If you drop Forde, Vanessa can get B rank with her and then get A with Cormag. Hell, drop Seth if you want because while I know he's a good unit, I'd rather raise up other guys during the time he's not gaining a lot of experience. (Gilliam, for example, who is just about my favorite unit in the game.) Yeah it takes awhile, but man, every support in this game takes a ridiculous amount of time to build up so I'm not worried about taking an extra ten rounds or so per rank.

What I'm trying to say is that arguing a character is supportless holds no ground because that just means she's supportless that current playthrough. Plan ahead on who supports who and you won't run into that problem.

Moulder also has an enourmous level lead on L'Arachel and has Elfire after promotion. She'll never beat Moulder in anything except 1 Movement and Luck. -_-

We're assuming best characters, yes?

No, Lute's doubling most enemies at start and by level 10, can use Thunder for about 4 AS loss. Enemies usually have pretty bad AS, so Lute's offense isn't terrible. Bishop is a bad option for Moulder too. His Con allows Moulder to wield Elfire without AS loss, giving him the best overall offense. He's one-rounding monsters with Elfire, anyways.

All players aim for beating the game. Using the best characters and options makes beating the game easier, yes? ;)

Except Eirika's list is filled with rather mediocre characters. Seth A is guaranteed, because the bonuses are excellent and it's very fast. Forde gives Eirika the same bonuses as Tana, but it's faster and Forde is a good character. Franz is indeed excellent, but his lack of an A support is fixed with using Forde. So Forde won't be dropped.

Moulder also has an enourmous level lead on L'Arachel and has Elfire after promotion. She'll never beat Moulder in anything except 1 Movement and Luck. -_-

No, Lute's doubling most enemies at start and by level 10, can use Thunder for about 4 AS loss. Enemies usually have pretty bad AS, so Lute's offense isn't terrible. Bishop is a bad option for Moulder too. His Con allows Moulder to wield Elfire without AS loss, giving him the best overall offense. He's one-rounding monsters with Elfire, anyways.

All players aim for beating the game. Using the best characters and options makes beating the game easier, yes? ;)

Except Eirika's list is filled with rather mediocre characters. Seth A is guaranteed, because the bonuses are excellent and it's very fast. Forde gives Eirika the same bonuses as Tana, but it's faster and Forde is a good character. Franz is indeed excellent, but his lack of an A support is fixed with using Forde. So Forde won't be dropped.

Players also aim for having fun and taking the easy road isnt as fun as a challenge while using the deemed "not so great" units that they like (like how I like Rolf in RD)

And attack power and speed. Combined with her ridiculous luck, she only gets hit by the rarest of rare occasions, especially if you get her supports with Rennac. Considering I drop Colm when Rennac joins because my Ocean Seal goes to Ross most playthroughs, it's a great alternative.

Except you could also be one-rounding enemies with Shine, or even just one-hitting monster units because of Slayer. Anima magic is overrated in Sacred Stones, at least in comparison to Light Magic. Both do excellent damage, both are cheap, except one can do even more excellent damage against certain types of opponents. Also, Lute still wasn't double-attacking enemies she was much faster than for me around level 14 or so despite my speed stat being exactly on the average. Her constitution is a whopping 3. Against the speedy enemies like mauthe doogs, which are definitely the most dangerous enemy type in this game, she's a liability.

Remember, best is subjective. Gilliam is the best character in the entire game in my books because he's the single most difficult character for enemies to kill and he packs quite a punch. He's not going to double things, but I usually have a lot of units to raise so I'd rather him get XP for hitting a monster once and then having another unit get the XP for finish it off.

You're speaking in generalizations again. For someone that's so keen on following debate rules, that's something you should never do. Stop speaking in finalities, please, because there are so many viable alternatives that are just as excellent that doing things the "best way" changes depending on who says what is best. I drop Forde. Franz usually has A with Gilliam for me, so assuming I'm using Seth for A rank with Eirika, he fills the B rank for Seth.

Or not. I mean, the possibilities are endless and there's a ton of awesome guys to use.

@ Masuda: Rolf is utterly amazing in Radiant Dawn and using him makes the game a lot easier. Anyone that tells you otherwise is allergic to lower-leveled units or something.

And attack power and speed. Combined with her ridiculous luck, she only gets hit by the rarest of rare occasions, especially if you get her supports with Rennac. Considering I drop Colm when Rennac joins because my Ocean Seal goes to Ross most playthroughs, it's a great alternative.

Except you could also be one-rounding enemies with Shine, or even just one-hitting monster units because of Slayer. Anima magic is overrated in Sacred Stones, at least in comparison to Light Magic. Both do excellent damage, both are cheap, except one can do even more excellent damage against certain types of opponents. Also, Lute still wasn't double-attacking enemies she was much faster than for me around level 14 or so despite my speed stat being exactly on the average. Her constitution is a whopping 3. Against the speedy enemies like mauthe doogs, which are definitely the most dangerous enemy type in this game, she's a liability.

Remember, best is subjective. Gilliam is the best character in the entire game in my books because he's the single most difficult character for enemies to kill and he packs quite a punch. He's not going to double things, but I usually have a lot of units to raise so I'd rather him get XP for hitting a monster once and then having another unit get the XP for finish it off.

You're speaking in generalizations again. For someone that's so keen on following debate rules, that's something you should never do. Stop speaking in finalities, please, because there are so many viable alternatives that are just as excellent that doing things the "best way" changes depending on who says what is best. I drop Forde. Franz usually has A with Gilliam for me, so assuming I'm using Seth for A rank with Eirika, he fills the B rank for Seth.

Or not. I mean, the possibilities are endless and there's a ton of awesome guys to use.

@ Masuda: Rolf is utterly amazing in Radiant Dawn and using him makes the game a lot easier. Anyone that tells you otherwise is allergic to lower-leveled units or something.

Like someone who keeps calling him Rofl. I dont know who it is but I see someone who always calls rolf ROFL. And if they're alergic to low level starting units i take it they also dislike Nino Lilina Ewan Ross and Amelia???

Like someone who keeps calling him Rofl. I dont know who it is but I see someone who always calls rolf ROFL. And if they're alergic to low level starting units i take it they also dislike Nino Lilina Ewan Ross and Amelia???

it's not that he isn't good, it's that he has a realative disadvantage to shinon, everyone thinks ross is amazing, amelia can be, ewan is a hard case to judge, he sucks tremendously without babying, nino is also kind of a hard case, she kills funds, but can seriously help a EXP rank

The people who keep calling him ROFL haven't played Radiant Dawn yet. They're calling him that out of how much they dislike him in Path of Radiance. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

The thing about the bowman squad in FE10 is that all 4 of them bring something to the table. Rolf has the single best strength gain in the entire game and the only and because of the relatively low speed cap of archers, strength becomes their most important stat otherwise. Plus, if you use Oscar and Boyd, you can guarantee a critical hit which can be utterly devastating to Dheginsea and Ashera. Shinon starts high and ends pretty decent so he's easy to use, plus he has Provoke as an inherent ability. Leonardo has the greatest potential of the entire group because his average stat gains per level are just under 4, meaning he's the easiest person to bonus experience abuse into max stats in all areas, plus he's got Cancel as an inherent ability. Also he's the only one with the potential to double attack end-game if you manage to max his speed and have him use his unique bow. Astrid is mounted and therefore has high movement, Canto (with SS rank in bows), inherent Paragon skill meaning she's most likely to cap her level out of the group, and has a better natural speed cap than the Marksman.

Radiant Dawn also breaks the mold a little bit because you'll use every character at some point save a few. Even when you have to make choices on who to bring with you, there's only a handful getting left out. That's why I take potential into account more in RD than I do with previous FE games.

As for the little kid squad from Sacred Stones, Ross gets bonus points in the eyes of people for being a berserker and a better one at that than Dozla. Amelia doesn't get a lot of love from the debaters, and Ewan is utterly despised by them.

Off-topic: No one has said that Rolf is not a beast in FE10. They have noted that he is a truly mediocre unit in FE9.

uh huh...

anyway, I picked Tana I believe

• 2 weeks later...