Choosing the Best Class for Belka (Poll 21)

Jayvee94

Which is the best class for Belka?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Optimization Poll: Which is the optimal class for Belka?

• Adventurer
    • Basara
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Dark Knight
    • Exorcist
    • General
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Lancer
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Revenant Knight
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • War Priestess
    • Wyvern Lord
    • I don't really know.
  2. 2. Practicality Poll (Conquest): Which is the most practical class for Belka in the Conquest campaign?

• Adventurer
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Dark Knight
    • General
    • Great Knight
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Revenant Knight
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Wyvern Lord
    • I'm going to bench Belka.
  3. 3. Preference Poll: Which class do you like the best for Belka?

• Adventurer
    • Basara
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Dark Knight
    • Exorcist
    • General
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Lancer
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Revenant Knight
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • War Priestess
    • Wyvern Lord
    • She's fine in any class.
  4. 4. DLC Poll: Which DLC class do you like the best for Belka?

• Dark Falcon
    • Dread Fighter
    • Great Lord
    • Witch
    • I don't plan on using DLC classes.
  5. 5. Optional Poll: Which character would you like to vote on next poll?

• Pieri
    • Effie
    • Nishiki
    • Jakob
    • Luna
    • Hana
    • Ryoma
    • Nyx
    • Orochi
    • Kagerou
    • Benoit
    • Arthur
    • I don't really care.

You are complaining about a class with the highest Str but lower Def than Sorcerer and the lowest Res among all promoted cannot take hits, aren't you?

:facepalm:

That's not it at all. I'd imagine Berserkers' high HP should allow them to sponge a hit or two. But when you're regularly facing non-zero crit rates from mooks that aren't even in boosted crit classes or using weapons with enhanced crit, I consider that a very bad thing.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

:facepalm:

That's not it at all. I'd imagine Berserkers' high HP should allow them to sponge a hit or two. But when you're regularly facing non-zero crit rates from mooks that aren't even in boosted crit classes or using weapons with enhanced crit, I consider that a very bad thing.

So you just want a berserker not to be beaten by 1~2 hits? It is easy for Berka:

aZ1pT3M.jpg

However, if Berserker!Berka is under attack, you must be doing something wrong.

Edited by Tooru

So you just want a berserker not to be beaten by 1~2 hits? It is easy for Berka:

aZ1pT3M.jpg

However, if Berserker!Berka is under attack, you must be doing something wrong.

55749cbcc7c847d9a898e3029baf1bde.jpg

......I give up. I thought I could get you to understand that I don't like units that constantly face crit chances, but I guess I expected too much. Besides, I still think Wyvern Lord is superior.

......I give up. I thought I could get you to understand that I don't like units that constantly face crit chances, but I guess I expected too much. Besides, I still think Wyvern Lord is superior.

You don't like units that constantly face crit chances.

Berserker!Berka isn't a units that constantly face crit chances because there won't be a thing called "crit chances" for her.

->And you don't like Berserker!Berka by logic.

You don't like units that constantly face crit chances.

Berserker!Berka isn't a units that constantly face crit chances because there won't be a thing called "crit chances" for her.

->And you don't like Berserker!Berka by logic.

It's not just Berka - I wouldn't use ANYONE in the game as a Berserker, PERIOD. And I still think your determining what Berka should be because of a crappy weapon with her name is absolutely laughable.

Honestly, the more I see your side as an outsider to your and Tooru's argument, the more I feel not having choice but to recommend you to bench Berka in your playthroughs:

Even if she doesn't spend time as a Berserker, she's still fine-tuned for blitzkrieg tactics and most of the time she will be in a bad position if you let her be in the receiving end of an attack, so she will never be easy to adjust to your playstyle...

Honestly, the more I see your side as an outsider to your and Tooru's argument, the more I feel not having choice but to recommend you to bench Berka in your playthroughs:

Even if she doesn't spend time as a Berserker, she's still fine-tuned for blitzkrieg tactics and most of the time she will be in a bad position if you let her be in the receiving end of an attack, so she will never be easy to adjust to your playstyle...

If this is about her personal skill, I would've said Revenant Knight if I thought it really was all that hot... But I didn't.

If this is about her personal skill, I would've said Revenant Knight if I thought it really was all that hot... But I didn't.

It is not about her personal skill, it is about the whole game where crit evade is just Lck/2 so most units will have crit chances on many enemies.

You shouldn't play Fates, I think.

Ps: Revenant Knight has 0 base Lck and 0 Lck growth.

Edited by Tooru

But she's actually really bulky though.

It is not good Lck but good Def that makes her bulky, so we can use Berka but Levant Colthearts shouldn't.

However, we can beat all the nearby enemies so we don't have to worry about positions. With Wyvern Lord!Berka it will be slightly harder but still doable.

Edited by Tooru

Ha.

I'd say Wyvern Lord; since I don't have the game, wynaut?

Where in the seven hells do you get that crap from? Because Berserkers aren't one of the classes I use very often, if at all. Hell, they're among my least favorite classes in the series, thanks to this game.

It's not just Berka - I wouldn't use ANYONE in the game as a Berserker, PERIOD. And I still think your determining what Berka should be because of a crappy weapon with her name is absolutely laughable.

Why are you arguing so hard about the viability of Berserkers in Fates when you've stated that you didn't play the game yet? It seems like you've already made up your mind beforehand and you've convinced yourself that you're never going to be wrong.

Why are you arguing so hard about the viability of Berserkers in Fates when you've stated that you didn't play the game yet? It seems like you've already made up your mind beforehand and you've convinced yourself that you're never going to be wrong.

Well, you're right, in a sense. The site's pretty much all I have to go on for info, and unfortunately, I found out stuff from the site that was enough to dissuade me from thinking Berserkers would be worth having on the team.

Don't expect Levant Fortner to change his mind even if he did get the game. Like, even if Berserkers had the best stats in every category and 8 move or something, he'd still try to find some reason to claim they're shit.

Anyway Belka looks like a decent fighter as a Berserker, but you don't get many fliers in Nohr, so I'd personally stick with Wyvern Lord instead.

Berserkers are great not only for pure offensive, player phase demolition, they make one of the best pair up classes period for any physical fighter. It's why Charlotte is #1 supportive wife in Nohr.

As far as growths are concerned, despite dropping bulk in the reclassing, Belka pretty much gets a nice boost everywhere else that matters. Picking up roundhouse and +5 HP is something you'll want to do regardless, and her 40% base defense means she can even take physical hits well regardless of what class she's in.

Anyway Belka looks like a decent fighter as a Berserker, but you don't get many fliers in Nohr, so I'd personally stick with Wyvern Lord instead.

This. You can't expect Camilla to do most of the fly battles since her and Belka are literally the only ones who start on mounts and your other potential fliers (Elise, Xander, Luna, Aqua) all either take resources to make use or just aren't worth sticking to those classes. Unless you get Lutz early on, it's good to keep her flying for a bit.

Other than that, I still prefer some Berserker fun.

Don't expect Levant Fortner to change his mind even if he did get the game. Like, even if Berserkers had the best stats in every category and 8 move or something, he'd still try to find some reason to claim they're shit.

That largely depends on what the class has going against them, and how bad a flaw I find it to be.

That said, you hit the nail on the head as to why I'd stick with Wyvern Lord.

Belka? What the hell? Last I checked, there was no character of this exact name in the game. There's one close--Be<br>r</br>ka--but certainly no Belka...

R and L are interchangeable in Japanese.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I personally liker her as a Master Ninja, I married her to Kaze. Her outfit looks more like a assassin than a wyvern lord. and her stats are pretty good, with a higher than average crit rate. Also why everyone calling her Belka? Idk about all of you but in US her names Beruka

Edited by Shur Ree

I like Wyvern Lord. Berserker is neat too, but I'm a big fan of flight.

Beruka may benefit more than most PCs from a slightly early promotion, so that she can get a faster levelling speed (like Camilla kinda) because she has access to some really mean L15 skills, Axefaire+Trample. But I tend to feel like Wyvern Lord is her best ending point and general class.

Berserker's -5 CEv is a problem but hardly the end of the world. Pairup, Bronze, Percy (if you get him), Rally Luck (hey some of us use Izana, what of it) all provide various ways to get that enemy crit down to 0 so you can in fact use your Berserker to frontline. (Certainly Beruka is tanky enough to do it well, and Berserkers frontlining is awfully nice when you can get away with it given how hard they hit back.)