Greetings.

Anomalocaris

Hello all.

I'm an Awakening noob, saw the Robin/Lucina SSB4 announcement trailer back in summer of 2014, decided to see just what this Fire Emblem thing everyone was excited about was, and was immediately hooked. Bought all the DLC, played the story enough to complete the Support logbook, all that jazz. Now I'm on board the Fates hype train.

Other than that I guess there's not much else to say about me unless I'm forgetting something important, but hello nonetheless.

Edited by Anomalocaris

I'll admit to feeling a bit sheepish about that since from what I understand, people who only got in via Awakening (And late, at that) are generally looked down upon, but most of the FE fans I've talked with on other sites are pretty cool.

I've considered going back and playing some of the older ones to feel less out of the loop, but given how they're hard to get, often unavailable in English, and lack many quality-of-life features added by Awakening, I think I'll pass, and just move forward. I have familiarized myself with the characters and stories, though. Sigurd is a Lord who is permanently on fire, right?

Hello, welcome to the forest, I hope you'll enjoy it here!

It's okay not having played any of the pre-Awakening games; I'd recommend playing them, but hey, that's just the FE nerd I am (availability issues can indeed be a problem in getting the games without emulating).

Sigurd is a Lord who is permanently on fire, right?

The memes, the memes...

Welcome to the forums, Anomalocaris!

I bet all the Fire Emblem trailers are just downright confusing, and sometimes irritating for those who have no information on the series or simply just don't care. Glad to see at least one person was intrigued and not turned off even further.

Welcome to the forums. Don't be ashamed of starting with Awakening, a lot of new members here have started with that as well.

Better get introduced to FE through Awakening than not at all, right? Anyway, I second the notion of trying out some of the older games.

Thanks all.

I do technically own Sacred Stones through the 3DS Ambassador Program, so I might give it a whirl if I'm bored one day, but like I said the lack of quality-of-life features is a bit of a turnoff for me.

As for the trailer, I knew a few of my friends were fans of Awakening, and after the trailer I was intrigued and asked them how the game was, and they all recommended it to me. Now I'm trying to acquire a pre-order on the Special Edition of Fates, with no luck. I missed the window.

Any other important details I should share here?

Edited by Anomalocaris