"Anything to set myself apart from the rabble."

BlueLeafeon

Of course, I use Heal too often

The only possible way to use Heal too often is if you break the one you start with before you get another in Cht.3, or if you're Lv.20. Other than that, more is always better.

I honestly find Marrible almost impossible to use in Lunatic and Lunatic plus, due to her insane low defense growth. It just seem like a waste of xp, when she can get 2 shotted in mid game, no matter how much you babysit her.

That's why I like high deployment- you have enough offensive potential to have some map control, and once you have that you can protect anyone, no matter how squishy they are.

Keep in mind, though, you only need to be able to take a single hit to help out in combat or as a diversion. And while Maribelle's Def won't do her any favors there, it's not too hard to get her HP up to a point where she isn't OHKOed. The exp isn't a waste if it allows you to get Brady's Paralogue- even if neither Brady nor Maribelle ever contribute, there's plenty of combat exp there for your other units to train on.

The only possible way to use Heal too often is if you break the one you start with before you get another in Cht.3, or if you're Lv.20. Other than that, more is always better.

I honestly find Marrible almost impossible to use in Lunatic and Lunatic plus, due to her insane low defense growth. It just seem like a waste of xp, when she can get 2 shotted in mid game, no matter how much you babysit her.

That's why I like high deployment- you have enough offensive potential to have some map control, and once you have that you can protect anyone, no matter how squishy they are.

Keep in mind, though, you only need to be able to take a single hit to help out in combat or as a diversion. And while Maribelle's Def won't do her any favors there, it's not too hard to get her HP up to a point where she isn't OHKOed. The exp isn't a waste if it allows you to get Brady's Paralogue- even if neither Brady nor Maribelle ever contribute, there's plenty of combat exp there for your other units to train on.

There's also the fact that on Lunatic(+) being 2HKOed by enemies isn't exactly an uncommon occurence.

Like, most of yor mages and healers, the slow units and the myrmidon-like types with low defense constanly have to struggle because they get killed really quickly all game - and for Maribelle this isn't even that hard to avoid as you're not really hanging around in the frontline or doing melee combat anyways.

You can actually stay pretty safe while healing and doing some ranged (chip) damage, there are certainly units that are more difficult to protect.

Another thing in her favor is that even though she's physically vulnerable, magic (without Luna+) doesn't even really scratch her, so at least she's none of those units that have to fear getting demolished by long-range death all the time.

Actually, this can get pretty absurd when you consider that the Maribelle on my recent Lunatic playthrough could have solo'd Gangrel because he simply wasn't able to do any damage to her. Oh well.

There's also the fact that on Lunatic(+) being 2HKOed by enemies isn't exactly an uncommon occurence.

Like, most of yor mages and healers, the slow units and the myrmidon-like types with low defense constanly have to struggle because they get killed really quickly all game - and for Maribelle this isn't even that hard to avoid as you're not really hanging around in the frontline or doing melee combat anyways.

You can actually stay pretty safe while healing and doing some ranged (chip) damage, there are certainly units that are more difficult to protect.

Another thing in her favor is that even though she's physically vulnerable, magic (without Luna+) doesn't even really scratch her, so at least she's none of those units that have to fear getting demolished by long-range death all the time.

Actually, this can get pretty absurd when you consider that the Maribelle on my recent Lunatic playthrough could have solo'd Gangrel because he simply wasn't able to do any damage to her. Oh well.

I might just be bad at using her, but I usually pick Libra over her, since his stat growths tend to turn out much better for me. I also use Lissa, but mostly since she is about lvl 20 by the time I get Maribelle lol. I agree that if you focus on your offense, Maribelle's speed and magic is awesome, but it is kinda hard to get her in a position where she can do that, while being safe to other physical attacks. The xp from Brady's level is also awesome, but it is also a pretty late game chapter, so I don't know if it is worth investing in. That is just my thoughts anyway. :D