Kamui builds for each route on Hard/Lunatic~

MitoRequiem

Huh.

I'm confused, but off the top of my head, the more threatening enemies are the Roundhouse Berserkers, (Lunatic R12 and some others in the Revelation path).

Oh right, I remembered that, I was told that enemies have their class bonuses halved though. I don't recall if it really is the case when looking at the numbers though.

Enemy Sorcerers have low skill, so it counterbalances their innate crit chance.

Swordmasters and Elite Ninjas (and to an extent, Snipers, I think) don't really hurt that much.

By right, enemy Holy Lancers have a crit bonus as well. (These class names are all tripping me up)

That being said, I guess I would be fine going with any flaw except Str/Spd/Def, though I would rather not have a Skl flaw either.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh.

I'm confused, but off the top of my head, the more threatening enemies are the Roundhouse Berserkers, (Lunatic R12 and some others in the Revelation path).

Oh right, I remembered that, I was told that enemies have their class bonuses halved though. I don't recall if it really is the case when looking at the numbers though.

Swordmasters and Elite Ninjas (and to an extent, Snipers, I think) don't really hurt that much.

That being said, I guess I would be fine going with any flaw except Str/Spd/Def, though I would rather not have a Skl flaw either.

Raijin Katana has 5 crit. 15 Skl -> 5.5 crit.

Nohr 6 Ryoma has 15 crit in total, so his class gives him only 5 crit.

Edited by Tooru

Huh.

By right, enemy Holy Lancers have a crit bonus as well. (These class names are all tripping me up)

I'm surprised that you'd actually be fine with -HP, given that it'd do even more damage than -Def in terms of survivability...

Eh.....I dunno, it depends...

For me, I chose +Spd (there's no such thing as too much speed)

At Level 1

19 HP/5 DEF VS 17 HP/6 DEF

At 20/20 White Blood

43 HP/21 DEF vs 38 HP/24 DEF

At 20/20 Dark Blood

42 HP/18 DEF vs 37 HP/21 DEF

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Eh.....I dunno, it depends...

For me, I chose +Spd (there's no such thing as too much speed)

At Level 1

19 HP/5 DEF VS 17 HP/6 DEF

At 20/20 White Blood

43 HP/21 DEF vs 38 HP/24 DEF

At 20/20 Dark Blood

42 HP/18 DEF vs 37 HP/21 DEF

Actually, what I was getting at is the fact that -HP also decreases your Defense growth. All told, you'd lose about 8 points in survivability by 20/20.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Actually, what I was getting at is the fact that -HP also decreases your Defense growth.

What CocoaGalaxy posts are the results after decreasing Def growth.

As soon as Kamui is not getting OHKO, -Def is the worse one.

All told, you'd lose about 8 points in survivability by 20/20.

Said by someone who wants to choose -Skl.

Edited by Tooru

What CocoaGalaxy posts are the results after decreasing Def growth.

As soon as Kamui is not getting OHKO, -Def is the worse one.

Said by someone who wants to choose -Skl.

Still, that much loss of survivability is something I cannot abide - 8 points of overall survivability might be the difference between getting 3HKOed and getting 2HKOed. The ramifications of a Skill flaw are nothing in comparison.

The title mentions Hard too, so I'd like to inquire about it too.

I don't like reclassing on a first run, so Corrin will be a White Blood because I'm buying Birthright. I'm also planning a no-grind run for my first run as well.

However, I don't really know the intricacies of White Blood. What stats does it not need? I'm assuming - Res or -Skl would be the best because it might not need them?

Levin Swords aside, the only actual use of Mag is for Dragonstone, which you usually only use early in the game, as far as I can tell....usually.

Healing scales rather poorly with Mag in this game, so that's that.

Also Res is "always going to be kind of horrible" so it's up to you

SKL depends on you really, though I think the combined effects from loss in skill activation chance and hit rate would be a bit of a drag perhaps. Or perhaps not

Play around with this to your heart's content, though I guess people may already have them

https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/hiushi/FE14AverageStats/blob/master/index.html

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Still, that much loss of survivability is something I cannot abide - 8 points of overall survivability might be the difference between getting 3HKOed and getting 2HKOed. The ramifications of a Skill flaw are nothing in comparison.

You will lose "8 points of overall survivability" by choosing -Skl.

I don't like reclassing on a first run, so Corrin will be a White Blood because I'm buying Birthright. I'm also planning a no-grind run for my first run as well.

However, I don't really know the intricacies of White Blood. What stats does it not need? I'm assuming - Res or -Skl would be the best because it might not need them?

You have the exact same avi as Shephen and it confused the hell out of me lol.

Here's something that isn't discussed with white blood very often; the class has huge strength. It's tied with Great Knight for 3rd highest base strength in the game, beaten only General (11) and Zerker (12). It also sports +15% HP/Str/Def growths so it's really thwomp as well. I should try it out one of these days myself. It's skills kinda suck but it's a really strong class statistically so if you're on hard it's not a bad class to go on. I feel like it was designed for players who picked a bad subclass so they could fall back on it or something lol.

You will lose "8 points of overall survivability" by choosing -Skl.

I'm not sure where you're coming from with this... When i talked about survivability, I meant concrete survivability (as in, HP and defenses).

In addition to the first goddess icon, we also have tonics. These both put Kamui at +8 Luck, pretty good.

Why are you telling me this? Because I've had people tell me that you get 3 goddess icons early on in Nohr. Not that it helped them convince me, because it didn't. Granted, it might've been a relevant argument in some other discussion, but still...

I'm not sure where you're coming from with this... When i talked about survivability, I meant concrete survivability (as in, HP and defenses).

"Actually, what I was getting at is the fact that -HP also decreases your Defense growth."

The same for -Skl.

Edited by Tooru

Actually when I think about it, for me anyway, it's kind of hard to judge just what the final stats end up as (And well, the base stats as well), so it's hard to compare the choices aside from the "I want more X!" or "I don't want low X!"

It also depends on the exact points of the stats....

And your own playstyle.

I'll probably stick to +Spd/- Something else.

From what I can see, the choice of asset is more important, than the choice of flaw so to speak, since the asset is boosted more, but the flaw less.

However, it might depend on specific spots (Not enough speed to double certain enemy in certain chapter, or something), and also on guard stance bonuses, stat boosters (lol stat boosters), and I dunno....

HP doesn't look like too bad of a flaw, but it depends on survivability, since HP/DEF is quite important, moreso than speed in this case (Speed is mostly more for offensive cases, the enemies that can double you are largely weaker enemies...or so)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Not to knock Hard or Hard players, having been one myself, but I would think that anything would work fine so long as you know what you are getting into and have a class path planned out. Really it's like Robin in Awakening: There is no such thing as a "bad" Corrin, it's merely a game of "good" and "better". Any class with Corrin's crazy growths and the proper asset/flaw falls under "good", any of these classes that can wield the Yato are those that fall under "better".

"Actually, what I was getting at is the fact that -HP also decreases your Defense growth."

The same for -Skl.

I know that already, but there are only 4 options of flaws that don't hit defense - speed (obviously a bad idea), luck (you know how stubborn I am with regard to avoiding this like the plague), magic and resistance.

You have the exact same avi as Shephen and it confused the hell out of me lol.

Here's something that isn't discussed with white blood very often; the class has huge strength. It's tied with Great Knight for 3rd highest base strength in the game, beaten only General (11) and Zerker (12). It also sports +15% HP/Str/Def growths so it's really thwomp as well. I should try it out one of these days myself. It's skills kinda suck but it's a really strong class statistically so if you're on hard it's not a bad class to go on. I feel like it was designed for players who picked a bad subclass so they could fall back on it or something lol.

Ahh? I heard that the White/Dark Blood classes aren't that good overall, which is a shame I thought because I think White Blood is one of my favorites. But... it's a decent class then? If so I may use it... I love being able to do both damage and heal people... from a physical spectrum that is.

Ahh? I heard that the White/Dark Blood classes aren't that good overall, which is a shame I thought because I think White Blood is one of my favorites. But... it's a decent class then? If so I may use it... I love being able to do both damage and heal people... from a physical spectrum that is.

Its growths and caps are decent, It's skills are meh. Problem with it is that it's a 6 mov, essentially sword locked class. Staves on Kamui is bad because he's a combat unit and you have plenty other healers. Dragonstone doesn't seem usful, unless it's oneshotting most of the enemies. Tbh, being swordlocked isn't really a big deal either with the reverse katana and levin sword.

So is magical Paladin really better than a Dark Knight MU for Nohr Hard/Lunatic? Paladin deals comparable magical damage because of the outdoor +3 dmg skill and is faster, while DK has better mag damage on terrain and can use 1-2 range magic before Levin Sword can be bought, also being fully able to double with it. Dark Knight isn't really much worse as a Yato user, either, but it's not like you're really compelled to use that sword tbqh; just keep it in the inventory for the stat boosts.

I think Paladin's selling point (namely for efficiency runs) is that it has +2 mov over Dark Mage prior to promotion after reclass, and retains sword rank which is sure to see plenty of use.

Magical pally can also exist in Hoshido...

Its growths and caps are decent, It's skills are meh. Problem with it is that it's a 6 mov, essentially sword locked class. Staves on Kamui is bad because he's a combat unit and you have plenty other healers. Dragonstone doesn't seem usful, unless it's oneshotting most of the enemies. Tbh, being swordlocked isn't really a big deal either with the reverse katana and levin sword.

B'aw, but I like my Femui and MCs also healing people. :C

She'll probably still end up like that, it feels wrong not to. And I loathe the Dark Blood class enough to stay the fuck away from it even in Nohr... sans getting the skills, I guess.

So is magical Paladin really better than a Dark Knight MU for Nohr Hard/Lunatic? Paladin deals comparable magical damage because of the outdoor +3 dmg skill and is faster, while DK has better mag damage on terrain and can use 1-2 range magic before Levin Sword can be bought, also being fully able to double with it. Dark Knight isn't really much worse as a Yato user, either, but it's not like you're really compelled to use that sword tbqh; just keep it in the inventory for the stat boosts.

I think Paladin's selling point (namely for efficiency runs) is that it has +2 mov over Dark Mage prior to promotion after reclass, and retains sword rank which is sure to see plenty of use.

Magical pally can also exist in Hoshido...

I think Dark Knight is very good, Dark Mage is the problem. Kamui should reclass as early as possible, but Dark Mages are kinda slow and it might make it hard to secure kills earlygame. Maybe +Spd might help. Dark Mage/Knight spd cap is kinda low.

I guess but you already got a large healer squad. Sakura, Felicia, Jacob and Izana aren't there just to look pretty.

I only planned on using two of those, Sakura and Jacob/Joker. Does that change anything? If not... eh.

Apparently the only classes I'm interested in are terrible. Mercenary/Hero, White Blood... is Dread Fighter good? If so I might end up as that instead of White Blood cause it's my all time favorite class EVER.