How old is Camilla?

Espinosa

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we know she is younger than Xander and older than Corrin. And considering you can marry off Elise and she will have a kid Elise's age is very much going to be the most important when it comes to localization especially since we know Elise was born after Corrin was kidnapped and for the Hoshido side Sakura was old enough to understand that this foreign girl who was just born is going to be Corrin's sister instead of her. That would put Sakura at the very least 4ish when Elise was born since you don't retain memory younger than that normally. While I've seen incredibly smart two year olds who understand better than you think they do 4-5 is when memories get retained better. I can still vaguely remember some things when I was four, and I know I have to have been four because it was before I moved and I know the age because I didn't start school until after I moved. So the most important question is how old was Corrin when he/she was kidnapped and how long ago was he/she kidnapped. That would give us an exact age for Corrin and Elise at the very least. From there we can determine the ages of the other siblings.

Camilla always looked to be in her mid-20s to me, 24-27 is my guess. Same with Hinoka. I also think the Eldest brothers are in late 20s, or 30 at the oldest. Leon/Takumi could be 16-17, Kamui is 18, and Sakura/Elise are 14-15.

Those are my guesses. :v

Personally, I'd put her around 23. As others have mentioned, minors usually aren't portrayed drinking alcohol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_drinking_age

There are many countries where the legal drinking age is 18, or even 16 in a few. And most countries only regulate public consumption, not private. I'm fairly certain Camilla is at least 16.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_drinking_age

There are many countries where the legal drinking age is 18, or even 16 in a few. And most countries only regulate public consumption, not private. I'm fairly certain Camilla is at least 16.

But it IS 20 in japan and I know for a fact that under aged drinking in the Tsubasa Chronicles manga was not present in the Tsubasa anime.

But it IS 20 in japan and I know for a fact that under aged drinking in the Tsubasa Chronicles manga was not present in the Tsubasa anime.

While Kozaki draws Camilla drinking, I don't recall any specific references to Camilla drinking (unless that Beach DLC counts) in the game so his artwork may have no bearing on Camilla's canon characterization.

While Kozaki draws Camilla drinking, I don't recall any specific references to Camilla drinking (unless that Beach DLC counts) in the game so his artwork may have no bearing on Camilla's canon characterization.

Yes, the beach DLC counts. Unless they do the "but she's drinking grape juice" thing. . .which I'd normally say is tacky, BUT the ESRB rating doesn't mention alcohol use. Then again, I don't know how much alcohol qualifies as alcohol use (or if the DLC is considered before the ESRB makes a rating).

Honestly, while I can't see her as seventeen, I can see Camilla as 18-20. By the way, regarding the beach DLC, we can clearly see her holding a wine glass but we don't really know what drink is in the glass. It really could be juice or water for all we know.

Anyway, going back to character ages, here's what age range I think if I had to guess:

Marx/Ryouma: 19-24 (No SpongeBob; the first thing you do is start the boat- I really hope someone gets this joke).

Camilla: 18-20 (20 only if Marx and Ryouma are 21-24)

Hinoka: 17-19

Corrin/Azura: 16-18

Takumi/Leo: 14-16

Sakura: 12-14

Elise:11-13

Camilla doesn't specifically in any of her supports, but Takumi iirc was mentioned to drink sake sometimes and he's younger than her. I want to say it was in Kisaragi x Hisame but I'll have to double check

Marx also, well, used "had too many cups of wine" as an excuse to get out of some weird behavior (for him), thanks to some of Luna's suggestions. So drinking's definitely in this universe.

So alcohol use here is probably more historical in you probably don't exactly have to be 20 here to drink, but I also don't see them letting a younger teenager drink either so Takumi can't be super young and Camilla has to be older than that by at least several years.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Camilla doesn't specifically in any of her supports, but Takumi iirc was mentioned to drink sake sometimes and he's younger than her. I want to say it was in Kisaragi x Hisame but I'll have to double check

Marx also, well, used "had too many cups of wine" as an excuse to get out of some weird behavior (for him), thanks to some of Luna's suggestions. So drinking's definitely in this universe.

So alcohol use here is probably more historical in you probably don't exactly have to be 20 here to drink, but I also don't see them letting a younger teenager drink either so Takumi can't be super young and Camilla has to be older than that by at least several years.

I suspect it's mostly this. The references to alcohol are sparse and the character ages are undefined so I can see it going under the radar as far as the stigma against underage drinking. Unlike other media where a character's age can be approximated by their status in the story (such as being a student), Fire Emblem is fantasy so you only have loose context clues and appearances to go by.

It would be rather hypocritical for them to take a hardline moral stance against underage drinking when adults marrying and having implied intercourse with children is perfectly okay.

Going by her body-type and doting personality, I'd say they designed Camilla to be an older, "motherly" archetype. Of course, in anime, being 19 could qualify you as a wizened mentor so who really knows.

I can't seem to find any proof of Camilla being 17 the unfortunate thing is though there's plenty of proof for Elise being 10 or younger yikes.

*spoilers*

In Harold's support with Aqua it shows that it's been around 10 years since she left Nohr.

"H: When you were still in Nohr….. we had met once before.

A: Eh? Have we?

H: Yes, however of course you wouldn’t remember. It was about ten years ago…we were both children at the time……………….."

And then Elise's support with Aqua shows how she was definitely born after Aqua left Nohr.

"Aqua: But this is…something I recieved from Queen Mikoto, who passed away. When I left Nohr, there was a new Queen… When Elise was born, and the news was given to Hoshido, I told my feelings about you to Queen Mikoto. This kimono was something I got then.

Elise: H-Hmmm. Is that so… Feelings about me… what did you tell her…?

Aqua: That the princess born in Nohr was supposed to become my little sister… but I had already lost connection with Nohr, so I couldn't talk, or get to know, or even see your face. That was somehow very lonely, I thought… That's what I told her."

*spoilers*

So I don't know if this was intentional but there is no way for her to be older than 10 @_@

Edited by Sarahtoga104

Oh lord I hope the localization catches that one... that is most likely a case of writers cannot do math as Elise has to at the very least be a teenager if they are going to marry her off and to get all the kids in nohr you have enough females to get all the kids only if kamui is female or if kamui marries someone who can only marry him.

I can't seem to find any proof of Camilla being 17 the unfortunate thing is though there's plenty of proof for Elise being 10 or younger yikes.

*spoilers*

In Harold's support with Aqua it shows that it's been around 10 years since she left Nohr.

H: Yes, however of course you wouldn’t remember. It was about ten years ago…we were both children at the time……………….."

And then Elise's support with Aqua shows how she was definitely born after Aqua left Nohr.

"Aqua: But this is…something I recieved from Queen Mikoto, who passed away. When I left Nohr, there was a new Queen… When Elise was born, and the news was given to Hoshido, I told my feelings about you to Queen Mikoto. This kimono was something I got then.

Aqua: That the princess born in Nohr was supposed to become my little sister… but I had already lost connection with Nohr, so I couldn't talk, or get to know, or even see your face. That was somehow very lonely, I thought… That's what I told her."

*spoilers*

So I don't know if this was intentional but there is no way for her to be older than 10 @_@

Oh lord I hope the localization catches that one... that is most likely a case of writers cannot do math as Elise has to at the very least be a teenager if they are going to marry her off and to get all the kids in nohr you have enough females to get all the kids only if kamui is female or if kamui marries someone who can only marry him.

Oh wow XD. I guess this means Elise is officially a Pokemon character. Now I really want my Jelly Donuts

Edited by Kanethedragon

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Elise was meant to be younger than 13. Hell, when I first saw her, I thought she looked younger than Ricken who I perceived to be the youngest in Awakening (that was the only game I played before seeing Fates, so I'm aware underage characters aren't new). And to add to that, you got 2nd gen characters that actually look 10, specifically Midoriko and Lutz. Crazy.

I think Camilla is 20+, by the way. I don't know why, but she gives me the impression that she could have changed Corn's diapers.

*spoilers*

*spoilers*

WELL I KNOW WHO I"M REMOVING FROM ANY MARRIAGE ANYWHERE

*spoilers*

Wait... "We"? Does that mean Harold and Aqua are close in age?

Regarding Elise's age (not that this makes marrying her better) "about 10 years" could mean 8-12 years, plus Aqua was kidnapped some time after Kamui (within a year, perhaps?) so I think she could realistically be around 13 years old. Sounds appropriate for her appearance.

Edited by NekoKnight