Why I was Wrong About Intelligent Systems (Major Fates Spoilers)

AbsoluteZer0Nova

I'd just like to get it out now: IS actually followed Kibiyashi's draft really closely. Which, considering the general quality of initial drafts and the sheer size of things suggests massive spit-balling, probably wasn't a good thing.

IS couldn't recognize good storytelling if it was handed to them on a silver platter.

Also, unless you got express permission to quote it in it's entirety, I'd suggest just posting the link and a summary instead of the whole post.

I'd just like to get it out now: IS actually followed Kibiyashi's draft really closely. Which, considering the general quality of initial drafts and the sheer size of things suggests massive spit-balling, probably wasn't a good thing.

IS couldn't recognize good storytelling if it was handed to them on a silver platter.

Also, unless you got express permission to quote it in it's entirety, I'd suggest just posting the link and a summary instead of the whole post.

Whoops, fine.

Okay, now that I've actually read the post and comments... .

While their original post was immature and ad-hominem laden, I feel like their opinion is way too accepting and vague. I'm inclined to agree with their original post more, and wouldn't be all that surprised if they find themselves between the two opinion-wise in a few weeks' or months' time.

Also, "the good staff of IS" at least doesn't seem to include Team B, judging from a later comment by them.

And look, our good ol' friend "lunatic+-in-Awakening-is-totally-cheesabile-and-yes-I-take-things-too-seriously" feplus is in the comments.

Edited by The DanMan

I don't know about that. I thought FE Holy War and Thracia had pretty good stories, as did Path of Radiance.

I don't know about that. I thought FE Holy War and Thracia had pretty good stories, as did Path of Radiance.

Let me re-phrase that: post-reshuffling IS couldn't recognize decent storytelling if it was handed to them on a silver platter.

The about-face this guy takes on his prior position sounds more like "I forgot the reason why I was salty" rather than a serious reexamination of the issues. So, like Makalov said above me, I think it likely he'll change his opinions again.

He's too much of an apologist in his new position, ignoring the depth of the topics.

-"Fire Emblem has always been about having fun" Sure, it's a game. It's there to entertain, but this ignores the legitimacy of coherent story telling and proper characterization.

-"incest is okay because it's a different culture" I'll accept that there is a market for sis-con and bro-con pandering, and a overall greater tolerance in the fandom, but it's still a big deal that they treated as inconsequential. More importantly, it undermines the family theme the game is supposed to be about.

-"they were faithful to the original draft" Okay? It just means that Kibiyashi wasn't such a great writer (or he was rushed and didn't have time to do a good job) and IS was bad for using a bad draft.

His original viewpoint could have lost the ad hominem but overall it was more critical and well thought out.

this dude is just going to change his opinion in 2 months or so, calling it now

Word. Most of this post seems like he feels guilty for having had a rushed and salty opinion at first, therefore it feels more like reading an enormous apology instead of a changed opinion.

Eh, it's the Fire Emblem subreddit, don't take the opinions of their users to seriously. One month the users are shitting on Lucina for being bland, next month they're upvoting Lucina pics with cat ears. I won't be surprised when this game is released in North America this nobody in OP's post will be talking trash again to all his Reddit buddies.

Only thing that is constant with video game fans (from Fire Emblem to Pokemon to Zelda) is that they'll always hate new titles with their new changes and be nostalgic about the old titles.

Maybe it's not the same users criticizing Lucina and then upvoting her pics later. Maybe communities aren't hiveminds.

And I think the FE fandom is better than the Pokèmon and Zelda fandoms on that regard. Here it is much more mixed and the vocal dislikers of the new FE probably stopped caring (for their best).

On the second part, I dunno, I still dislike Wind Waker more than 10 years later... >:T

Edited by CrimeanRoyalKnight

this dude is just going to change his opinion in 2 months or so, calling it now

Basically, this. He's going to go back to the original viewpoint minus some of the outrage and ad-hominem.

I'd stick to my guns. But rather IS not caring, I that their not trying hard enough. The part about not tacking incest maturely. We'd all have to agree right?

The part about the team not loving Fire Emblem. I think this is maybe a 50/50. They could like Fire Emblem to bits, but only the newer ones since Awakening. I honestly believe their's workers in IS who miss old Fire Emblem, or S. Kaga even.

Because there's no possible way Fates is a good game right

i bet it is going to be a good game, but i bet you didn't even read the post.

the dude claims that he made a 180 on his originally opinion within a short time frame, which is not how an honest opinion works, that is how politician opinions work and we all know how dishonest they can be.

hell, it took me half a year for my opinion of awakening to change from very positive to very negative, which is a much more realistic time frame, as humans generally don't flip flop on what they believe in unless they have not one individual thought and always lets other influence them in that case they are no better then an animal, which might be the case for the poster, more so if they were posting on reddit (i'm joking, kinda.)

with that said, i am surprised that i was agreed with for once, but i am happy with that, thanks.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai