Which Fire Emblem characters would you like in Super Smash Bros. 5?

NewDisplayName

What "Fire Emblem" characters would you like in Super Smash Bros. 5?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which veteran(s) would you like in SSB5 (more options possible)

• Marth
    • Ike
    • Robin
    • Lucina
    • Roy
    • Corrin
  2. 2. Which newcomers (which appear in more than two games in the main series) do you want for SSB5 (more options possible)

• Tiki
    • Anna
    • The Pegasus Sisters (Catria, Est, Palla)
    • Camus
    • Jake
    • The Black Knight
    • Other (who?) ...
    • None of these
  3. 3. Do you want an lord / protagonist from an older game? (more options possible)

• Alm
    • Celica
    • Sigurd
    • Seliph
    • Leif
    • Lyndis
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Micaiah
    • Sothe
    • Chrom
    • Azura
    • None of these

Looks like someone hasn't actually played Roy in Smash 4 and instantly assumes he's 100% like he was in Melee.

Also I see someone is a fan of the Soul Calibur 5 method of cutting tons of fan favorite characters, adding in new ones to replace them.

That didn't do it correctly and was a terrible, poorly funded game. I'm guessing you'd be able to see why if you also dislike it. So. This is just my opinion: Yes, Roy is a whole lot different than he was but consider the following. If you only knew Roy and Marth from Fire Emblem, and you saw them both in Smash simultaneously for the first time... Imagine if Marth had Roy's moveset with Falchion's glowing light on his blade instead of flames (which he already has in FE and his FS) while Roy had Marth's fighting style and the blade ignited if you hit the tipper. Roy worked just like Marth & vice versa, etc. Nothing would look that weird. Their movesets were made ground up for Smash and were oh so similar when Melee first hit. Roy's only game wasn't even localized and he didn't hold the limelight in it's sequel. He isn't a recent FE character anymore either. On the other hand, Marth's been in too many games to count and is effectively the franchise mascot.

On the flipside, people love Roy now and he's basically different enough to warrant keeping if Falco or Luigi ever were. Unlike Lucina who screams 'make me a costume, I'm on life support.' So you're right. But I also wouldn't mind if he was cut, either. If Roy (the character and moveset) never was in Smash I doubt people would lose sleep over it... I mean, Hector, Lyn, Tiki, tons of great choices people could've got attached to instead...

I'm not sure what other people would think of things I'd do to Smash if I had the power but I'm pretty sure they'd get mad. Like I'd prefer to just nullify Ganondorf being a gimped Falcon and swap him for his WW version, keeping a vaguely similar moveset but adding tons of sword based moves and differentiating him from Falcon even more. Keep most of what Ganondorf had that wasn't stolen and the best of what was, like the stomp. Some of it could just be cosmetic changes, like uair would be with his sword and jab would be a hilt bash. I'd probably add Midna and take out Toon Link, too. Sometimes. I don't know. Less feels like more. On the other hand, the Trainer mons were great and it's a big shame to see them go...

tl;dr I'm evil. >.> ye

@fefan. Hey, great 90s fighting tastes. Did Julia even play different? I never took a look.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That decision is easy!

Ike

Vanguard Ike

Young Ike

Ike Climbers

and KING AIIIIIKUUUU!

Now, seriously:

Marth

Ike

Roy

Lyn/Hector/Ephraim (or all three of them)

lol at cutting Robin and Corrin

the salt is legit real

especially for adding trash GBA characters and not cool ones like Chrom or Azura

like, your modern fe hatred is so suffocating that it's unreal. I mean, lol Ephraim and Hector. Lyn is only vaguely better. get better taste in lords

especially for adding trash GBA characters and not cool ones like Chrom or Azura

like, your modern fe hatred is so suffocating that it's unreal. I mean, lol Ephraim and Hector. Lyn is only vaguely better.

Yeah people should stop saying subjective things right?

Edited by Gradivus.

Corrin probably won't be replaced but I could easily see Robin getting the boot if we get a future Lord (or I suppose it's exclusively Avatars now) with a similar moveset (and the game's success is in the same realm as Awakening).

Seeing as Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is already the 5th game in the franchise, there are no characters I'd want in "5" that I wouldn't also want in "4."

As for the 6th Smash Bros. game, I don't know. I've always wanted a Manakete before, because I figured dragons were such a big part of the series. But I guess that's kind of taken care of. I've also kinda wanted Katarina in the game, just so Nintendo of Japan can use it to basically force Nintendo of America to release New Mystery over here. But then again, it doesn't seem like Roy's return is getting NoA to revisit their promise to localize Binding Blade about 15 years ago, so maybe Katarina wouldn't have that effect, either. An axe user would be great, but Ike kind of fits the slow-but-powerful archetype as-is.

So I'm just going to say Katarina, or anyone from Jugdral.

lol at cutting Robin and Corrin

the salt is legit real

like, your modern fe hatred is so suffocating that it's unreal. I mean, lol Ephraim and Hector. Lyn is only vaguely better. get better taste in lords

Ah please. Either try much harder or just don't try to start something here at all, buddy.

Marth (face of series)

Child Tiki (most important manakete)

Ike (comes back because he has many fans, new moveset: uses axe Urvan)

Robin (unique)

Lyndis (maybe, only if she uses bows - but that will not happen)

Anna (sort of mascot of FE)

Newest FE protagonist (why not?)

As long as Ike still uses Ragnell as well, I'd be fine with an axe being incorporated into his moveset. Ragnell is his signature weapon, you just can't have Ike without Ragnell.

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe they could do something where he swaps between them by pressing Down B. So it'd be like Sheik/Zelda except it wouldn't actually change the models (and he'd probably have the same specials).

As long as Ike still uses Ragnell as well, I'd be fine with an axe being incorporated into his moveset. Ragnell is his signature weapon, you just can't have Ike without Ragnell.

Ike will use Ragnell and Urvan. If Ike uses Urvan, why do we need Hector??

Maybe they could do something where he swaps between them by pressing Down B. So it'd be like Sheik/Zelda except it wouldn't actually change the models (and he'd probably have the same specials).

That'd work. Ike can use Aether in RD regardless of whether he's got a sword or axe in his hand, so it wouldn't contradict anything.

Edited by Anacybele

Marth (Mascot)

Ike (Fan-Fav)

Robin (Unique, also represents a comeback for the franchise)

Lyn (Bow and Sword user, kinda like in the unreleased versions of PM)

Hector (BIAS, it will never happen sadly. He is too badass)

or New Fe lord