Mario Kart 8

PuffPuff

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own this game?

• Yes
    • No

8ZMY64.png

Rrrrt.

Hey fellas. I recommend getting this game! Just rushed right in the store and bought it after hearing about the Mii's that can be in it as well as Link. Plus it'll kick back to the old times that I also have Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Kart SNES.

uiXvvA.jpg
nQAlnJ.jpg
zAcFcs.jpg
P8brb6.jpg
DRnjXU.jpg
lrDeKc.jpg
AWr0hg.jpg
DDlECa.jpg
0s8dgo.jpg
lc6A5h.jpg
EytlAx.jpg
5iMwgS.jpg
4K4tBW.jpg
oLt2Wj.jpg
OgLru7.jpg
Br7ROe.jpg
5swX8a.jpg
291N6P.jpg
GEB1mL.jpg
Ov4SFe.jpg
kJV5yM.jpg
vhguCZ.jpg
k5qkyt.jpg
SJcVRG.jpg
Jb9OtY.jpg
r7BqmI.jpg
t6jkae.jpg
78Xfl3.jpg
YDuYlc.jpg
5LMs1l.jpg
DZQXR3.jpg
WkZApn.jpg
gUf0oB.jpg
p5Jywg.jpg
Q685h4.jpg
2nzBPA.jpg
do3Txp.jpg
0rkkB0.jpg
NCZxCa.jpg

7RIbP1.jpg

It's not this without a reason.

Mario Kart 7 you can use your mii's in that...too. Your amiibos can get them their outfits. Just starting this game and boy it is awesome! :D

Characters outside of the Mario world can be in it! Fucking awesome! :D Villager, Link, your creations, etc.

Splatoon, Smash Wii-U, Mario Kart 8, Mario Maker and Xenoblade Chronicles X are the Wii-U's ultimate games that has infinity replay value and anyone that has the game can verse online later after finishing unlocking the other characters. Plus Rosalina makes her debut in it like in 7! She helped Mario saved Princess Peach after he helped her gather the 120 stars on the comet observatory! Plus...Dry Bowser! Yeah. Anyone who has this game, raise your hand!

Know any questions on how to unlock the characters...ask away!

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

I'd hate to rain on your parade, but personally, Mario Kart 8 is, in my opinion, one of the worst Mario Kart games, only worse than Super Circuit on the GBA. I'm not going to get much into detail, because I can literally go on about the game, but items are too much of a factor. They're supposed to assist you in a race, not to overshadow racing entirely, and having your skill and practice put into the game take a backseat.

That being said, I don't remember exactly how to unlock characters anymore, but if you want to unlock vehicle parts, have fun grinding hours upon hours collecting coins to get your parts. If you're a patient gamer who's OK with unlocking things in their own flow, this isn't so much of an issue, but for impatient gamers like me who want to get straight to unlocking content ASAP, it's an absolute nightmare, especially combined with the fact the part you unlock is entirely up to RNG.

If you need any further help, I can try to point out some tips and tidbits that need to be known, however. Hit me up and I'll tell you about the basics, and if you're into online play, what to look out for online. However, for more in-depth knowledge of the game, it's generally better to find an online guide, or videos, and such and find out for yourself.

If you're OK with a chaotic environment and care not about practice, this game is for you, but otherwise, at least I've given you a fair warning. Enjoy it as you see fit.

Edited by Falaflame

Know any questions on how to unlock the characters...ask away!

I really hope you're enjoying Mario Kart! Unfortunately, quite a few of us got the game quite a while back!

I really hope you're enjoying Mario Kart! Unfortunately, quite a few of us got the game quite a while back!

Sure am.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2014/05/30/mario-kart-8-cheats.htm

Just waiting to get these unlockable. Especially the Gold Cart.

How To Get A Gold Kart
Here’s how to get an entirely golden kart:
Gold Standard Kart Body: Have at least a one Star rating — by getting 1st place 3 out of 4 races — in every Cup in Grand Prix mode on 150cc including Mirror Mode. Technically speaking, the game demands you get a one Star rating on every engine class (50cc, 100cc, 150cc) but because the Grand Prix Cups stack, you only have to get it on 150cc.
Gold Glider: Collect 10,000 Coins, which can be done in every mode in the game.
Gold Wheels: Defeat the staff ghosts at Time Trials on each of the 32 tracks.

Already have Mirror Mode and Mii unlocked by just downloading the DLC's. Getting the other characters requires this...

How To Unlock All Mario Kart 8 Characters
Mario Kart 8 Unlockable Characters
As you can tell, when you start the game the only characters to choose from in the roster are: Baby Daisy, Baby Luigi, Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Koopa Troopa, Luigi, Mario, Princess Daisy, Princess Peach, Shy Guy, Toad, Waluigi, Wario, and Yoshi.
The final 14 of the 30 total in-game Mario Kart 8 characters will become available by meeting certain in-game requirements.
How To Unlock All Additional Characters?: There is only one method to getting the rest of the characters. You can unlock more by earning Gold Trophy awards in Grand Prix mode Cups, using any character you like. Each time you complete a Grand Prix Cup with a Gold Trophy — by winning at least 3 out of 4 races — you will unlock a RANDOM CHARACTER from the list below until you have unlocked them all. However, you cannot repeat a Grand Prix on the same difficulty/engine class (50cc, 100cc, 150cc) or nothing will happen.
Here we’ve listed the 14 secret characters in alphabetical order.
Baby Rosalina
Iggy Koopa
Lakitu
Larry Koopa
Lemmy Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Metal Mario
Mii
Morton Koopa Jr.
Pink Gold Peach
Rosalina
Roy Koopa
Toadette
Wendy O. Koopa
------

tHVXSt.jpg

What it shows with just downloading the DLC with no gameplay!

awibNb.jpg
Stuck up!
KxHqPl.jpg
That's more like it!
zEfxVF.jpg
Bananas, anyone?!
RHUyzI.jpg
Shells, anyone!
FXMhxD.jpg
Yay!
dOneOL.jpg
The triforce glider!
45Jjp2.jpg
Rich! Rich! Rich!
VlfxSB.jpg

:D

Daisy 50cc

1tXKNF.jpg
dlnIxf.jpg
hRsAKq.jpg
DE6pA1.jpg
34chXy.jpg
vkSkiL.jpg
1VjoaY.jpg
j2JCcR.jpg
Haven't played this game since I was a kid. Excitebike rulz!
D6377h.jpg
mBV010.jpg
!
UpIj6N.jpg

Princess Peach 100cc

Oub4VU.jpg
DuOLjZ.jpg
68KAOW.jpg
Peach does this to her subjects. Make em hug happy!
G2Y6V3.jpg
!
HsF0OK.jpg
x3Zf0P.jpg

Toad 150cc

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

I never got the complaints about the items. I've never had a problem with them. I honestly find them enjoyable.

However, the part unlocking method is awful but appears to be here to say if Mario Kart 7 (which is the worst game in the series imo) has anything to say about it.

I enjoyed 8. I love the Koopalings, so I enjoyed their inclusion. I hate Diddy for instance, so I'd rather be Lemmy than Diddy for instance.

I don't actually like the parts system. I want a return to Double Dash!!/Wii style karts/bikes. This is an unpopular opinion though, but I tend to only play with

also a question for tc

why do you have so many Miis

i'm fairly certain everyone hates miis

the only mii I really have is Dunban for Smash because Xenoblade is life

- Splatoon is better in nearly every way except local multiplayer.

- Skill and Strategy > Luck

- The tracks and speed are weak compared to F-Zero GX.

- The roster excludes Petey Piranha and King Boo. Booooo...

- 1st place targeting items are STILL unavoidable. Sega fixed this in Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed.

- Grinding to unlock gold kart.

- Can't even get a new paint job. When will MK get past the 1990s?

.- 1st place targeting items are STILL unavoidable.

*cough*Super Horn*cough*

You are racing in go-karts, not suped-up racing machines. Also, 200cc exists.

Oh, and I'd say that F-Zero GX is the one that suffers from weak tracks, not Mario Kart 8.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I said avoidable, not destroyable. Without items, there is no way to avoid the blue shell.

200cc still isn't as fast as F-Zero GX.

Most of MK8's courses are very basic and have far more visual variety than gameplay variety.

- Splatoon is better in nearly every way except local multiplayer.

- Skill and Strategy > Luck

- The roster excludes Petey Piranha and King Boo. Booooo...

- 1st place targeting items are STILL unavoidable. Sega fixed this in Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed.

- Grinding to unlock gold kart.

- Can't even get a new paint job. When will MK get past the 1990s?

>Comparing a party kart-racing game to a 3rd person shooter game

>Comparing a party kart-racing game to an F-1 racing game

>Complaining about blue shells being unavoidable without items, when, sans 1 game, that has been the case in literally every Mario Kart game that had a Blue Shell.

>Complaints on 2 very minor characters (one of which is entirely irrelevant today) not making it in.

>Graphics

I have my own reasons for hating MK8, but at least they're all valid. x:

Edited by Falaflame

I feel mario kart 8 had a weak roster. I mean they have all the koopalings, metal mario (Who is inexcusable) and pink gold peach (Don't even get me started.) cat mario and cat peach (no I do not want 4 versions of the same characters.) yet they missed the basics like bowser jnr and diddy kong what the hell nintendo.

Also coins.

Edited by Mackc2