Super Mario Bros Z is back! The Reboot has started!

Water Mage

Huge fan of the series back from 2009, and I was saddened by his cancellation of the series a few years ago. It was great to hear that he was finally back and remaking the series. I saw the first episode yesterday, the fights so far are much improved, also love the references to the old series. Gonna be a long wait for the next episode but it'll be worth it.

Edited by DragonLord

I've watched all the episodes in the old series and I was saddened when the series wasn't finished. I was really hoping to see what happened next between a poisoned Mario and the Super Powerful Wolverine like Koopatrol(whatever his proper name was) Glad to see this series return.

Dude I remember watching this a long time ago and loving it

I'm hyped

Edited by Pixelman

I think I saw some of the original Super Mario Bros Z. Will I have to watch it before watching this?

I don't really think so since it looks like the creator is starting everything from scratch rather than continuing where he left off.

It's been awhile since I watched the original, but I definitely don't remember the first episode being this elaborate and epic and the last episode of the original took place on an airship last time I checked.

Edited by carefreejules

I just watched this, but I think the original is better. Sans Luigi being brave in the end here, of course, that was pretty epic. Reminded me of the beginning of my Super Luigi fic, actually. It's similar, though there are some differences.

Anyway, I thought the original was funnier. There's a lot less humor in this one. I liked how the original had a good balance of humor and serious plot stuff. This is just almost all serious stuff. Oh well, hopefully future episodes will make up for this. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Since the next episode will probably take a while, why don't talk about the show?

For those who watched it before, what were your favorite episode and why?

Mine is the Pipe Maze episode, the minus world was just so cool and the fights were awesome!

Also, Gombella says one my favorite lines ever:

"The last episode was released a year and a half ago! No one's going to remember it!

We archeologists should be classifying it as prehistoric and researching it!"

That line made me laugh so much!

Since the next episode will probably take a while, why don't talk about the show?

Oh man it's been so long. I'd have to go back and watch them again BUT

I do remember clearly that there was one episode where Metal Sonic (I think it was Metal Sonic???) was beating the crap out of Yoshi and that pissed me off so much.

Don't hurt my favourite Nintendo character pls it breaks my heart ;A;

Edited by carefreejules

Mine is the Pipe Maze episode, the minus world was just so cool and the fights were awesome!

Also, Gombella says one my favorite lines ever:

"The last episode was released a year and a half ago! No one's going to remember it!

We archeologists should be classifying it as prehistoric and researching it!"

That line made me laugh so much!

My favorite episode was I believe it was 5.

The great battle royale between Mario's Group, The Axem Rangers and The Koopa Bros.

The great battle royale between Mario's Group, The Axem Rangers and The Koopa Bros.

Oh, NOW I remember this!

It's been quite a long time since I last watched the series, and I don't actually remember pretty much anything that happens in it, but I'm pretty sure I enjoyed the original so I'll watch this as well!

Edited by ClarinetsandOboes

Oh man it's been so long. I'd have to go back and watch them again BUT

I do remember clearly that there was one episode where Metal Sonic (I think it was Metal Sonic???) was beating the crap out of Yoshi and that pissed me off so much.

Don't hurt my favourite Nintendo character pls it breaks my heart ;A;

If I'm not mistaken, it's episode 3.

That being said I wouldn't worry about Yoshi,

in the original series he was one of the most badass fighters, and will surely kick some metal ass in this one as well.

Also, I was just watching the original series and man, I didn't realize it back then but Super Mario Bros Z set a standard for web animation. It's so well done.

Seriously, Super Mario Bros Z is a must watch for anyone who likes web animations, or anyone in the internet, really.

Edited by Water Mage

If I'm not mistaken, it's episode 3.

That being said I wouldn't worry about Yoshi,

in the original series he was one of the most badass fighters, and will surely kick some metal ass in this one as well.

Also, I was just watching the original series and man, I didn't realize it back then but Super Mario Bros Z set a standard for web animation. It's so well done.

Seriously, Super Mario Bros Z is a must watch for anyone who likes web animations, or anyone in the internet, really.

For it's time, it definitely was incredible and still is.

Even now the animation hasn't aged or lost it's shine in the slightest after all these years. Watching this series definitely reminded me of the fight scenes in RWBY and Dead Fantasy. I can definitely see how the creator saw Monty Oum as an inspiration because daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Edited by carefreejules

I just watched this, but I think the original is better. Sans Luigi being brave in the end here, of course, that was pretty epic. Reminded me of the beginning of my Super Luigi fic, actually. It's similar, though there are some differences.

Anyway, I thought the original was funnier. There's a lot less humor in this one. I liked how the original had a good balance of humor and serious plot stuff. This is just almost all serious stuff. Oh well, hopefully future episodes will make up for this. :)

There's a part of me thinking maybe it's just the first episode. I have to admit, some parts were kind of cheesy, but I guess that's because I have immense nostalgia for the original. I just hope it can surpass some of the epic moments of the first series.

Overall episode being Episode 6: Brawl on a Vanishing Island. Favourite fight (though rather short) would be Mario and Sonic Vs. Mecha Sonic in Episode 7. That was straight up epic.

Edited by DragonLord

My favorite episode was the one where they fight the Axem Rangers and they use the "it's over nine-thoooooouuuuuusssssaaaaaaaaaannddd!" joke. I was laughing so hard back then

I forget which episode it is though

My favorite episode was the one where they fight the Axem Rangers and they use the "it's over nine-thoooooouuuuuusssssaaaaaaaaaannddd!" joke. I was laughing so hard back then

I think that was episode 6. Too lazy to verify though.

The thing I liked about this joke is the fact that they used the original voice clip.

Speaking of which, I love how they use the sound clips from Dragonball Z for things like movimg and attacking.

And yes, it was in episode 6.

I watched the original SMBZ sarting somewhere between 2009 and 2010, and was pretty disappointed when it got discontinued.

I like this 1st episode a lot more than the original, it's way more action-filled, which is definitely Alvin Earthworm's strong suit.

Can't really say what my favourite part was of the original, it's been years since I watched it.

I do remember Axem Red saying "It's over nine thousand!" And me not being able to stop laughing for about 20 minutes, I remember think I was done laughing to sip some water only to start laughing again and spitting water all over my laptop.

Edited by saifors

I have no word, what you just showed me was just pure raw awesomeness, I dunno where to start !

And I didn't even knew the original work ! So I want to thank you very, very much for making me discover the reboot and the original.

Just... holy shit man, the musics, the sounds effect, the freaking sprite job, holy shit !

Glad to introduce to it! It's nice to see new fans!

And yes, the sprite job is amazing, you can see the dedication and hard work the guy put on it.

And did you manage watch the original series?

I can show where to watch the original series if you want.

And if you watched already, what where your favorite fight and episode?