FE8 Ephraim Mode Reverse Recruitment Draft

General Horace

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L'Arachel

EDIT: 5x might be worth making free up to 10 or something, since Tana can just fly over the water and shave like 4 turns instantly for whoever drafts her.

Edited by Gradivus.

she actually doesn't save that many turns, the archers around the water make things difficult for her, and Amelia can't get just dropped over and solo either without getting blocked off. I'm pretty suire Tana isn't free in 5x in vanilla RR so I don't see why she should be free here.

Also I made Flux tomes buyable early for whoever drafted Knoll, check Ide Armoury!

She saves 3 turns, it takes 8 without her and probably 5 with since you can drop Kyle across the water and then get Amelia to him.

It might not be as big a deal as I'm thinking though, maybe I'm just overestimating flier utility on ephraim route.

You can 7 turn with just Amelia and Kyle, they're pretty much the exact same as Ephraim and Orson.

AFAIK you can only 6 turn with Tana, so it really only saves one turn, and you get no experience on Amelia or Tana. It's a tradeoff.

5-turn definitely seems to work (pick up kyle turn 1, drop turn 2, rescue amelia turn 3, give to Kyle turn 4, drop her near the throne and kill the piss easy boss), but I think there's an inevitable orson penalty then because he can't hide from the merc + fighter group so it's probably irrelevant.

Btw, how does one 7-turn duo in vanilla? I always get 8 except with Kyle or Forde since on EP5 there's a fighter and a dark mage that can potentially stand in the way and Orson can't counterkill both when carrying Ephraim.

Edited by Gradivus.

Pretty sure you can kill the dark mage without killing the fighter on an enemy phase? I forget what fighters move on the map.

Regardless i'm planning on doing videos for this run so i'll show it then since I don't have Forde or Tana.

And yeah you're right, you can 5 turn. I thought Forde spawned in Kyle's spot and Tana couldn't drop without getting killed by an archer until I actually looked at the map. But yeah, Orson penalties exist.

Edited by General Horace

Might aswell post my playlogs.

Prologue 1/1 turns

Weird game gave me 3 crits with no RN burning. I'm not refusing it!

UNIT     CLASS         LEVEL  HP S/M SKL SPD LCK DEF RES   WEXP
Syrene   Peg Knight    1.32   13   5   7   6   8   6   4   E Lnc
Myrrh    Manakete      2.27   16   4   2   6   4   3   8

C1 3/4 turns

Syrene flew ahead, getting a fighter kill on turn 1 and the pacifist soldier on turn 2. Fed both soldiers near the castle to Myrrh so she gets an extra point of str, letting her kill the boss in one round.

Syrene   Peg Knight    2.09   14   5   8   7   8   6   5   E Lnc
Myrrh    Manakete      3.98   17   5   3   7   5   5   8

C2 4/8 turns

Syrene flew right to recruit Tethys on turn 2, who then got Gerik. Gerik soloed the bandits coming from the huge south-west mountain range. Myrrh weakened the reinforcement bandits for Syrene to take the kills, which wasn't particularly reliable but eh. Got the pure water and the red gem.

Syrene   Peg Knight    2.75   14   5   8   7   8   6   5   E Lnc
Myrrh    Manakete      4.28   18   6   4   8   6   6   9
Tethys   Dancer        1.20   18   1   2  12  10   5   4
Gerik    Mercenary     6.00   28  12  12  11   7   9   2   C Swd

C3 4/12 turns

Could've done it in 3 had Myrrh not been one str short of OHKOing walls. Anyway, Myrrh + Jav!Syrene broke the first wall, Gerik killed the Fighter in front of it and got danced to chip the second wall. Syrene finished off on turn 2, Gerik killed the fighter and got danced to kill the archer. Myrrh shielded Tethys, making the thief attack Gerik instead on EP. Syrene finished that thief and got fed a fighter by Myrrh on turn 3. Gerik just advanced forward, facing the merc in the throne room. After Syrene took that Merc kill, since Gerik couldn't double, he killed the boss and she got danced to seize. Ewan killed the fighter in the treasure room on turn 4 for the chest key.

Syrene   Peg Knight    3.93   15   5   8   7   9   6   6   D Lnc
Myrrh    Manakete      4.43   18   6   4   8   6   6   9
Tethys   Dancer        1.60   18   1   2  12  10   5   4
Gerik    Mercenary     8.16   30  14  12  12   7   9   2   C Swd
Ewan     Mage          2.33   21   8   7  11  10   3   9   E Anima

C4 3/15 turns

Dropped Gerik down on turn 1 using Syrene and he killed pretty much everything there. Dozla pulled two eyeballs on turn 1 for other units to take the kills and got danced on turn 2 so he can take on most of the reinforcement revenants (using a vulnerary) and kill the one with the don't suicide AI on PP3. Ewan took on the reinforcement bonewalkers. Aside from dropping Gerik down, Syrene just grabbed some kills randomly.

Syrene   Peg Knight    4.84   15   6   8   7   9   6   6   D Lnc
Tethys   Dancer        1.92   18   1   2  12  10   5   4
Gerik    Mercenary    10.80   32  14  13  13   8   9   2   B Swd
Ewan     Mage          3.85   22   9   7  12  10   4  10   E Anima
Dozla    Pirate        4.28   32   9   6   5   1   7   1   E Axe
LArachel Troubadour    1.00   17   5   5   9  11   5   7   C Stf

C5 4/19 turns

Dropped Gerik near Duessel on turn 1 using Syrene. He counterkilled three mooks and let Duessel live with Iron Sword. Ewan went up the stairway left of the vendor to rout the generics there. Turn 2, Ewan got danced to kill a soldier, letting Gerik kill the archer. Syrene just got the armorslayer. Turn 3 was pretty much empty with Ewan just killing 2 fighters and Syrene getting the secret book. Turn 4, she got the torch and Gerik + Ewan ganged up on the boss. L'Arachel got danced on turns 3 and 4 so she can heal more often, Dozla got the dracoshield village.

Syrene   Peg Knight    4.84   15   6   8   7   9   6   6   D Lnc
Tethys   Dancer        2.33   19   1   2  13  11   5   5
Gerik    Mercenary    12.47   34  15  13  13   8  10   2   B Swd
Ewan     Mage          6.78   24  11   8  13  13   5  11   D Anima
Dozla    Pirate        4.30   32   9   6   5   1   7   1   E Axe
LArachel Troubadour    1.55   17   5   5   9  11   5   7   C Stf

C5x 7/26 turns

Actually figured it out on my own. Gave Javelin to Kyle. He rescued Ephmelia on turn 2, dropped her above him on turn 3 to counterkill a knight and a cav, turn 4 Amelia ORKOed a fighter so Kyle can kill the Chest Key!Fighter through the wall and counterkill the soldier and a dark mage that could block the way otherwise, along with the monk in the throne room. He rescued Amelia on turn 5, equipping a silver sword to OHKO the fighters, and dropped her near the throne on turn 6. He went in such a position that Tana could take most of his stuff on turn 7 before he killed the boss with Silver Sword. Got all the items to Amelia's group.

Amelia   Recruit (2)   7.01   28   9  10  12  14  10   6   C Lnc

C6 2/28 turns

Dropped Ewan on a mountain on turn 1, allowing him to demolish most of the enemies. Dropping Tethys 1 tile ahead afterwards let her dance Syrene just far enough to drop Gerik next to Novala without being within range herself. Novala just suicided as a result of that.

Syrene   Peg Knight    4.96   15   6   8   7   9   6   6   D Lnc
Tethys   Dancer        2.55   19   1   2  13  11   5   5
Gerik    Mercenary    13.52   35  15  14  13   8  10   2   B Swd
Ewan     Mage          9.61   25  11  10  14  15   6  11   D Anima
Dozla    Pirate        4.63   32   9   6   5   1   7   1   E Axe
LArachel Troubadour    1.81   17   5   5   9  11   5   7   C Stf

C7 3/31 turns

Dropped Ewan near the castle on turn 1 and he killed all the mooks. Syrene wing spear chipped the boss and Ewan took the kill on turn 2. Gerik just self-improved, along with getting hit by soldiers and archers, letting L'arachel use staves. Dozla got the pure water.

Syrene   Peg Knight    5.09   15   6   9   8  10   7   7   D Lnc
Tethys   Dancer        2.85   19   1   2  13  11   5   5
Gerik    Mercenary    14.93   36  15  14  14   9  10   2   A Swd
Ewan     Mage         12.31   26  12  11  16  17   6  12   C Anima
Dozla    Pirate        5.15   32   9   6   5   1   7   1   E Axe
LArachel Troubadour    2.15   17   5   6  10  12   5   7   C Stf

C8 4/35 turns

Promoted Ewan to Mage Knight since I doubt I can get him to 26 mag as a sage anyway and I want the mobility + ferrying. He rushed ahead on turn 1, opening the door and soloing the thwomps. Dropped Tethys ahead on turn 2 with Syrene and Ewan. L'arachel ferried Gerik ahead on turn 3 so Syrene can take him and drop him on a pillar next to Tirado after a dance. He had to hit 3 times total (1x EP + 2x PP) for the kill. Ewan got 2 heals on the map I think.

UNIT     CLASS           LEVEL  HP S/M SKL SPD LCK DEF RES   WEXP
Amelia   Recruit (2)     8.05   29   9  10  12  14  11   6   C Lnc
Tethys   Dancer          3.29   20   1   2  14  11   5   5
Gerik    Mercenary      16.18   38  15  15  15   9  10   4   A Swd
Ewan     Mage Knight  12/2.20   31  15  11  16  18   8  14   B Anima D Stf
Dozla    Pirate          6.10   33  10   6   6   2   8   1   D Axe
LArachel Troubadour      2.26   17   5   6  10  12   5   7   C Stf
Edited by Gradivus.

NO MOLDORM IS EVIL

I've done up to chapter 3, here's chapter 1 and the rest of the videos are in the ensuing playlist.

https://youtu.be/1iFyOS-qer0?list=PLHhXqU1iGb03pPm0IKUAazTREYDzyVyvC

Prologue - 1/1 turn

Chapter 1 - 3/4 turns

Chapter 2 - 4/8 turns

Chapter 3 - 3/11 turns.

Edited by General Horace

Myrrh doesn't double them (her reaching 10 speed by that point is never going to happen) and she can only attack one of them on player phase 3. Saleh's needed for the other peak bandits, and needs to be rescue dropped by Syrene/Innes, leaving Knoll and Rennac to fight the other remaning bandits (which shouldn't be too bad, Rennac doubles)

I guess you could rig a crit with Myrrh but her nerfed dragonstone doesn't have much crit.

^ Chapter 6. Again, refer to playlist to see what I did in other chapters.

CHAPTER 4 - 4/15 TURNS

CHAPTER 5 - 4/19 TURNS

CHAPTER 5X - 7/26 TURNS

CHAPTER 6 - 2/28 TURNS

CHAPTER 7 - 3/31 TURNS

Edited by General Horace

She's gone after chapter 8 (the draft is Ephraim mode only) so there's little point. She can also "promote" twice (promote her to falco/wyvern knight then she can promote to Eirika Lord for more stats as a tradeoff for one less move and lack of flight) to make up for her bad stats.

Edited by General Horace