Alternatives to Conquest Chapter 15? [obvious spoilers inside]

ghast

Why make it easy at all...? Although I can see the reasoning behind Garon's planning; if the idea was always to get Kamui possessed/in Hoshido, then he could achieve it either way...one plan required that he/she be in the Chasm and the other required him/her to be captured. Whatever happens first would benefit him either way.

Although the way it plays out then the idea was to get rid of both of them when Kamui was captured; get rid of the Queen, get rid of her kid and as a bonus get rid of the shield on the Hoshido capital (or something...I keep forgetting). I always wonder why not aim for the whole Hoshido royal family? They were all in the same place after all...

the thing that i thought about that bugs me is that saizo would have killed you had the Nohrian siblings not stepped in so unless Garon knows about that his plan to get them to hoshido would have failed and if he knows the nohrian siblings disregard his orders why didn't he kill them? am I missing something?

EDIT;also how do you mark spoilers?

Edited by goldenlance7

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{spoiler}Text you want to spoil.{/spoiler} Change those brackets into the normal brackets [ ] to actually make it work.

Like this

Text you want to spoil.

Edited by Konnor97

the thing that i thought about that bugs me is that saizo would have killed you had the Nohrian siblings not stepped in so unless Garon knows about that his plan to get them to hoshido would have failed and if he knows the nohrian siblings disregard his orders why didn't he kill them? am I missing something?

I think at that point it didn't really matter if Kamui was killed or not.

If what happens during Chapter 5 is any indication, Kamui and the Queen were the main targets...at least, that's my understanding.

Wish I could tell you about the spoiler thing...though.

Edit: Nevermind!

Edited by Fyras4

I think at that point it didn't really matter if Kamui was killed or not.

If what happens during Chapter 5 is any indication, Kamui and the Queen were the main targets...at least, that's my understanding.

Wish I could tell you about the spoiler thing...though.

Edit: Nevermind!

the thing is the assassin used ganglari which was in Kamui/corrin's possession yet if he was killed by Saizo he/she would not have made it to Hoshido so the assassin has no weapon to use.

the thing is the assassin used ganglari which was in Kamui/corrin's possession yet if he was killed by Saizo he/she would not have made it to Hoshido so the assassin has no weapon to use.

I don't think the weapon was the problem though...

what was?

Maybe I worded it wrong...

What I meant was that...considering that the assassins in Chapter 5 already had weapons, the guy in charge of them not having Ganglari would not have stopped them. Considering that at this point they were aiming to 'apparently' kill Kamui once they turned into a dragon...unless Ganglari had a special property other than 'fireworks explosion' and it was required that the sword reach Hoshido.

Edited by Fyras4

Speaking of which, Anankos sends people with dragon killing weapons to kill Kamui, but did he know that Kamui would become a dragon? Wouldn't it have just been easier to kill Kamui as an infant rather than spare him X number of years for an assassination plot he probably wasn't needed for anyway?

Speaking of which, Anankos sends people with dragon killing weapons to kill Kamui, but did he know that Kamui would become a dragon? Wouldn't it have just been easier to kill Kamui as an infant rather than spare him X number of years for an assassination plot he probably wasn't needed for anyway?

Probably because there wouldn't be a game in the first place.

Maybe they had planned to use Kamui in some way...but they needed to know if he/she had dragon powers...or something like that.

what's the ganglari?

The sword Kamui uses up until he/she gets the Yato

It's the one that blows up and kills his/her mom

Edited by Pixelman

The way Garon talks about the sword it is possessed by something kind of like a genie lamp. The sword has a mind of its own shown when it pulls Corrin into the Infinite Chasm when Hanz fails to drop him or her in. So Corrin's role may just be essentially smuggling the assassin(s) through the barrier since he/she has no aggressive feelings towards Hoshido.

The cursed sword Ganglari… It is a sword in which a hidden otherworldly power resides.

I think Anankos could have just given the sword to the assassins without Kamui's help. They certainly had hostile intentions but had no trouble getting into Hoshido.

If I recall correctly, the barrier doesn't prevent hostile people from entering, it just prevents them from having hostile feelings once they arrive (not that it really matters because Kamui is knocked out before being dragged into Hoshido).

Hey, not story related and more in general for fates.

the dragonvein. Are the veins that terraform the terrain all completely fixed or are there other ways to use them?

It seemed to be advertised as a mechanic that completely changes the way you approach maps but every vein i've seen seems pretty fixed/forced/scripted. I mean i'll see for myself but yeah,

What do you think of the dragonvein terraforming mechanic?

Each effect is fixed and can usually only be activated once.

It's an okay feature, in my opinion. Some dragon vein options are strategic but a lot of the time it just feels like an obligation to completing the chapter in a timely manner. Chapter 4, Seigbert's paralogue and the Hoshido chapter where you visit the wind village stand out as being tedious unless you use DV.

Each effect is fixed and can usually only be activated once.

It's an okay feature, in my opinion. Some dragon vein options are strategic but a lot of the time it just feels like an obligation to completing the chapter in a timely manner. Chapter 4, Seigbert's paralogue and the Hoshido chapter where you visit the wind village stand out as being tedious unless you use DV.

I suspected as much. one of those "its optional!" when really not using it just handicaps you.

I think Anankos could have just given the sword to the assassins without Kamui's help. They certainly had hostile intentions but had no trouble getting into Hoshido.

If I recall correctly, the barrier doesn't prevent hostile people from entering, it just prevents them from having hostile feelings once they arrive (not that it really matters because Kamui is knocked out before being dragged into Hoshido).

Seriously, a magical barrier that prevents people from having hostile thoughts, and so for some reason, stop Nohr from doing anything, boy, oh boy. Now I'm laughing about it but at the time, the faceplant I did...

Speaking of Dragon Vein, what the heck is that supposed to be Lore wise ? I mean, it can't be just something you use on a sigil or some stuff, else the power would be stupid to have.

This is a power that is pretty much broken, since you can control nature itself with it, as your will... that's what the game seems to imply anyway, because I'm sure as hell never wanted to do this wind crap on the wind temple.

Edited by B.Leu

Seriously, a magical barrier that prevents people from having hostile thoughts, and so for some reason, stop Nohr from doing anything, boy, oh boy. Now I'm laughing about it but at the time, the faceplant I did...

Speaking of Dragon Vein, what the heck is that supposed to be Lore wise ? I mean, it can't be just something you use on a sigil or some stuff, else the power would be stupid to have.

This is a power that is pretty much broken, since you can control nature itself with it, as your will... that's what the game seems to imply anyway, because I'm sure as hell never wanted to do this wind crap on the wind temple.

Mah boi! Contrived story elements are the name of the game in Fates!

In regards to the origin of Dragon Vein...

iirc, the ability to use DV came from Anankos who had crazy terraforming powers.

I suspected as much. one of those "its optional!" when really not using it just handicaps you.

A lot of them are "use as soon as possible" but others have interesting situational uses or are used by the enemy.

Edited by NekoKnight

Mah boi! Contrived story elements are the name of the game in Fates!

In regards to the origin of Dragon Vein...

iirc, the ability to use DV came from Anankos who had crazy terraforming powers.

A lot of them are "use as soon as possible" but others have interesting situational uses or are used by the enemy.

Mon petit, cette paix est ce pourquoi luttent tout les vraie guerrier !

That was... the french version of the Mah boi ! part of the unholy triforce btw.

But fIrst thing, thank you very much for answering ! And making me laugh by reminding me of the unholy triforce.

Okay, so Dragon Vein come Anankos. Only Anankos ? I thought it was all the dragons who had the DV and did a bloodpact thing to give it to their Nohrian/Hoshidan general and then their descendant blabla royal family blabla ?

Then again, the dragons are kinda pulled out of nowhere in this game, but it still surprise me that it is only Anankos.

...Why doesn't he just destroy the world already then if his skills are beyond the water then ?

No wonder Goron doesn't kill Kamui, the Master is as dumb as the Puppet.

...Yer a bender, Kamui.

• 2 weeks later...

Question about chapter 11's Rainbow Sage

Was I the only one who felt cheated when Rainbow Sage did me a favor by dying on his own and not giving me a choice to kill him? And then Corrin for some reason taking blame for his death when it was destined to happen? I just feel like I'm constantly in the drivers seat and nothing is realistically written right now. Maybe its just me, but I'm desperately wanting a "grey morality" moment in Conquest but it is yet to happen.

And I'm quite torn on the entire "don't kill anyone" motive thing that corrin is using. At first I thought it was just lazy writing to make corrin seem like not a bad guy. But in this chapter I feel like they should have put more effort to make it more believable. They literally tell me at the end that everyone was spared when I quite convincingly thought I had killed everyone, at least the soldiers.

I would have liked it if I could have chosen to kill these people or not. Or capture them or something more substancial than what seems to be a cop out to make corrin out to be a noble guy.

But on the other hand, I can now sort of picture it. There's what, 8 of us in the temple? Is it realistic to believe that the ~8 of us spared all these soldiers? I think so

If anything I think it would have been a lot better to have told me, the player, that I'm going to spare everyone at the beginning of the chapter.

---

Also, if Iago has been spying on me the entire time. Doesn't he know that I spared everyone in the temple? I forget but does that bite me in the ass later?

Edited by ghast

Iago's spying powers only work as the plot demands. He's basically omniscent except when it's convenient that he's not. It's clear the writers didn't think his powers through.

This is why I haven't written stories much: I don't want to make mistakes like this. They had an amazing concept but went downhill wwith this side.

Iago's spying powers only work as the plot demands. He's basically omniscent except when it's convenient that he's not. It's clear the writers didn't think his powers through.

omfg are you serious looooool that's actually comical

Barring the curse of the IK, are these the rules of entering the IK?

If you aren't of Dragonblood and enter the IK, you will end up in some random location?

Say the Nohrian siblings entered the lake with Aqua, would they end up being scattered around the IK? or would they end up in the same place as Aqua?

I'm a bit fuzzy on this, but Gunter ends up somewhere random because he fell through the chasm, right?