What's, in your opinion, the best designed main story map in this game?

Nobody

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to mention Tiki's paralogue. It was a nice change of pace, even if the strategy is so obvious everyone on the planet figured it out in seconds. But the change of pace is important in a game like this where pretty much every objective is route (or occasionally kill boss).

Personally I'm going to say Chapter 17 too. It's a good example of an indoor map which are very commonly round about slogs that just burn turns to get through. It managed to work at being both wide open and enclosed at the same time. I like the way your troops are divided into three and what each group faces is somewhat different. Eg you're going to want to put your 2 range troops on the left. The fact that its where you get the boots means a certain degree of haste needs to be added because that's the one item in the game you definitely don't want to miss out on.

The fact that its where you get the boots means a certain degree of haste needs to be added because that's the one item in the game you definitely don't want to miss out on.

The Thief never steals the Boots, there's no haste required to get them safely.

The Thief never steals the Boots, there's no haste required to get them safely.

Huh really? I thought there were playthroughs where I let the thief steal it rather than using a key. I guess that's ncie of the game. Still though it does steal some of the treasure so a timed aspect is present to some extent.

Edited by Jotari

I believe all the Thieves in the game will choose the same chests every time without fail. The only one I'm hazy on is Cht.11- I know he reacts to your army positioning somehow, but can't remember if that's for his target chest, or merely the side of the map he escapes on after robbing it.

They also typically choose the less valuable loot, or at least stuff that will screw you over less for missing it (most notably, they leave the Boots alone, as well as Par.1's Rescue). The most important ones to stop are the Bullion in Cht.11 and the Arms Scroll in Par.4.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Chapter 9. Gerome's paralogue was nice too. The Beach and Summer DLC had nice map because they were colorful and not bland like most of the other maps. Nah's paralogue because the whole door thing while annoying was much nicer than the whole open field. Chapter 5 for reasons stated above.