Playing Binding Blade!

Emerson

It's just a lot of objectives and three recruitments that are slightly harder to arrange than the usual ones, you'll figure out the rest when you see it. It's still not really a pain on NM, but it's a bit harder/more complex than what is average up to that point.

Edited by Gradivus.

It's just a lot of objectives and three recruitments that are slightly harder to arrange than the usual ones, you'll figure out the rest when you see it. It's still not really a pain on NM, but it's a bit harder/more complex than what is average up to that point.

Huh. Well then. Guess I'll be anticipating that for a while.

There was a period where I considered this my favorite FE... that period wasn't very long, but still.

It's a fun game, although there are plenty of annoying stretches, and 11A (which it sounds like you're tackling soon) is definitely one of them, at least for me. I don't have any particularly good advice, other than I guess making sure you hustle to get all the villages if you want a free Hero Crest. Generally the best way is sending a splinter group of units down a quicker but more dangerous path to the main area of the map to get the villages there.

School just restarted after mid-term finals, so I'm back to FE6 now.

So I beat chapter 9 and got to 10A. I was pretty close to done, then Gonzales died from the reinforcement Fighters that I thought would show up sooner than they did, then assumed they didn't exist, then they DID exist, then Gonzales died. Noah had already died, so I decided to restart the chapter. Aaaaaand that's where I am at the moment.

On the plus side, I started playing Ghaststation's hack, Bloodlines. Known about it for a while, but I just kind of put if off until now. Literally my first TWO rounds of combat were crits, and then two later, another crit.

Edited by TrueEm

You guessed everyone correctly. I like this chapter personally, minus when Cath shows up to steal your items and you can't steal it back. Also fun fact: there is a Knight triangle attack between Bors, Barth and Wendy.

That's weird cause I was chasing Cath and her pal since they ignored me and went for the side room in the corridor left to the boss throne room because I was stepping on EVERY chest of the main hall.

Turned out I killed everything except the boss before I caught up with them two thiefs (including the two stairs' reinforcements) and once I did catch up to them, they had already looted the Magic user promotion item and that pegasus/wyvern one too (IIRC), but I was perfectly able to steal back with Astohl /Astol / Astorre / whatever his real name is...

That was nice cause I expected them two to flee by stepping outside of the map... And Roy didn't talk to her yet. Welp, after I had him talk to her, she wouldn't disappear either. And her thief pal wouldn't move an inch either (I killed him in the end after stealing his lockpicks).

Dunno if my game is broken or something.

I got some weirdass bug on chap 10A with Gonzaless when his Devil Axe was backfiring vs a reinforcement pirate at the bottom of the map (next to the two forts) and he took 30 damage from himself, then the enemy pirate counter attacks and connects, but at that point it's the enemy pirate's HP digits that start to scroll and cycle ad infinitum with weird symbols while the rest of the screen is hanging lol.

Maybe both "bugs" have to do with the "new" 2013 1.0 patch from the sticky post ...

EDIT:

Well, of course you CANNOT steal weapons (equipped or not), only items (vulneraries, lockpicks, orbs/gems, stat boosters and promotion items)...

Only issue on that map is if / when you DO let Cath & her pal come and grab the main hall chests. Thankfully I was kinda rushing in since my team was pretty strong already... Dieck + Rutger + Lance were able to clean the whole first half of the map effortlessly.

In the end, my Oujay turned out to be BETTER than both Dieck & Rutger, except for his 2 SPEED deficit, he has same HP, higher STR, higher DEF, same or higher SKL and LUCK... So screw Fir, I'll stick to Oujay I guess.

Also, Allan/Allen is becoming more and more crap, he got like 10 SPD at lv 14 (lol) with 7 def. Heck even Noah has better stats by now (except for STR)... And Treck got SPD screwed as well, he doesn't even has more than Noah wtf. Oh well :D

Edited by Hyunckel

I just started FE6 too.

Considering that i loved FE7 and I LOVED FE8, Gba helps.

Anyway, I got a guide for you,

How to break game.

1. use arena.

2. Kill things.

I did that for FE 7, so I kinda wanted to not arena grind for my first run.

Also, I'm about the start playing FE6 again. I haven't had much motivation to play recently, but at the moment I'm pretty fired up for it.

Edited by TrueEm

Binding Blade difficulty is overrated in my opinion. Normal mode is pretty standard, the hard parts are reinforcements attacking on the turn they show up (Which was a staple in the series until Blazing Blade) and RNG screwable characters.

FE6 hard mode starts off really rough with characters getting 2 shot, but it doesn't scale well and by the end of the game it's barely any harder then normal. The biggest issue is all hard mode does in FE6 is increase stats (And the 1 extra boss), it doesn't give them better weapons or different AI or harder placement like FE7 and beyond.

The biggest issue is all hard mode does in FE6 is increase stats (And the 1 extra boss), it doesn't give them better weapons or different AI or harder placement like FE7 and beyond.

Not entirely true. There's a few troll moments where reinforcements will spawn more than one turn when they only spawned once in normal difficulty. Probably some other stuff like that, too, but I don't remember.

You're in for a real treat. The game is a ton of fun, it often gets called the worst of the gba. But its my favourite, hell i'd even argue it has the best story of the gba ones. Gameplay wise yeah its certainly more difficult, but on Normal Mode its pretty tolerable and not as bad as some make it out to be.

I agree. It's probably my favorite FE game. Well, for now anyways; I wanna play Tharcia and Genealogy still :P