New Mario and Donkey Kong title with amiibo support

King Marth 64

GameXplain just found a brand new trailer that was from the official Nintnedo of Japan branch that's going to be an upcoming Mario vs. Donkey Kong title from the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series as ''amiibo Challenge'' that it's going to be supporting with amiibos and also, they just revealed that there's going to be new toys in this game since the Tripping Stars added the Mini Luigi.

The new toys just revealed from the trailer are Mini Bowser Jr. and a Mini Rosalina. I really wondered if this game will get more amiibo support and toys than just using the Mario series amiibos like they did with Super Mario Maker.

Edited by King Marth 64

I hope scanned amiibos will give us a "mini" version (Mini-Marth, Mini-Link, etc.)

I also am still waiting for an amiibo-based game, kinda like Skylanders. But I guess all it will be is either an RPG Smash Brothers, or something akin to the Subspace Emissary.

I remember when the original Mario VS Donkey Kong (GBA) still played like Donkey Kong (GB). Mario VS Donkey Kong 2 (DS) was fun because it was different and had a level editor, but then the overall gameplay of the series settled there for some reason. I wonder when we'll get a new Donkey Kong title... or is that series just done?

I wonder when we'll get a new Donkey Kong title... or is that series just done?

Tropical Freeze isn't that old.

Honest first impression of this game: this is the Mario version of amiibo Festival.

If every amiibo can be used, then I'll consider it. But it's likely just going to be Mario ones.

I have the original cart of DK '94. Then a glitch happened and Mario disappeared, ultimately crashing the game. I was at the final stage of level 3, I think, but I didn't save, so I have to do the whole stage again. I never picked it up again since then, but I really should.