Sakurai, do you smoke crack?

marth2600

Again, lolwut. There's no rule stating this. Stop pulling crap out of your arse. Seriously. Also, I don't believe in "slots" anyway. I believe this hypothetical scenario with Ephraim would be much like Ike and Roy in Brawl. Ike had priority because he was the newcomer and unique. Roy would only get in if there was time, but there wasn't. Ephraim would be the newcomer in this case, Lucina the one added if there's time, which there could very well not be.

You totally missed their point.

Replacing Lucina with Eirika would take less time than replacing Lucina with Ephraim would. This is pretty much inarguable. This is the point Glaceon Mage was trying to make.

All I see is taking the opportunity to get get on the OP's bandwagon to hate on characters they don't like.

Where's the consideration for other people's feelings here?

You were a lot more friendly when you thought Ike was getting replaced by Chrom.

...and the fact that you don't know crap when you say that Roy is a clone.

His animations are even different from Marth as much as Lucas does with Ness. Semi-clone at best.

All I see is taking the opportunity to get get on the OP's bandwagon to hate on characters they don't like.Where's the consideration for other people's feelings here?You were a lot more friendly when you thought Ike was getting replaced by Chrom....and the fact that you don't know crap when you say that Roy is a clone.His animations are even different from Marth as much as Lucas does with Ness. Semi-clone at best.

uh that's factually wrong

if you think Ness and Lucas are even vaguely similar then you aren't paying attention

I see your point but there's no way Roy could ever be as distinct as Lucas

uh that's factually wrong

if you think Ness and Lucas are even vaguely similar then you aren't paying attention

I see your point but there's no way Roy could ever be as distinct as Lucas

Umm... stop being so offended.

Ness and Lucas have specials that are named the same and "function" the same way despite a lot of differences in their use and properties.

That was the exact point I was trying to make with Marth and Roy.

lolwut? I'm not allowed to think clones are boring?

Again, lolwut. There's no rule stating this. Stop pulling crap out of your arse. Seriously. Also, I don't believe in "slots" anyway. I believe this hypothetical scenario with Ephraim would be much like Ike and Roy in Brawl. Ike had priority because he was the newcomer and unique. Roy would only get in if there was time, but there wasn't. Ephraim would be the newcomer in this case, Lucina the one added if there's time, which there could very well not be.

... You do realize that there wasn't enough time for there to even be another unique character, right? Which is exactly why Lucina is there in the first place; they had only enough time for clones. And if you recall from a previous statement from Melee's creation, the time to create 1 unique character amounted to 6 clones. Smash 4 only has 3 clones, and assuming the development time for 1 unique character in this game didn't increase (which it most likely did), the extra time used for clones this time around wouldn't even make half the time to squeeze in 1 more character.

That being said, even if by some miracle Ephraim was to be considered a character, one what grounds would he even make it through? Aside from weapon choice, when compared to all the newcomers we have, he'd essentially be just like Chrom, but with a lance. AKA, "just a lance wielder", but lacking all the appeal that made Chrom a candidate to begin with. Nowadays when it comes to sword fighters its like "yeah, you have a sword, but what dat sword do doe?". Now apply that to Ephraim and his lance Siegmund. Granted, a move like Corrin's Dragon Lunge would have been a GREAT move for him to have, but other than that..... I'm not seeing where you're getting this idea that Ephraim would be a better character than Roy, other than the fact that you don't like the latter. If we went back in time and Melee was introduced much later, or Brawl being introduced much sooner to when Ephraim was actually a thing, perhaps you'd be on to something though. But I won't stop you from having opinions, and I'd gladly welcome any new FE addition, if possible. Lets just not undermine a previous one in order to do so.

EDIT: one thing I do want to say about Roy tho. I do wish they had changed his Double Edge Dance in some way

Edited by Noburu

okay seriously children given as this is just a stupid bait topic i'm closing it but there was some really disappointing banter in the meantime so nice job being baited, i guess?