Fates New 3DS XL announced for America + DLC news

Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you're still going to have the Nohr route, and I see no point in buying the Special Edition if you're not going to use everything it comes with. That's why I only preordered Birthright.

Nintendo did say in their presentation that you don't have to do, have every route. Though it will suck that you will have to get the DLC map for the Dark Wing items since you cannot get them without owning all three routes. But...why care for the class?! Simple. Rally Mov. Only way to get it and Dark Falcon cannot be a permanent class option since the class is badly nerfed.

-----

I'm probably just going to order the Conquest game though will have to get a new SD card as I only have a 2GB one.

Any chance of more classes released through DLC? Im not entirely sure what could be done for new classes, but it would be cool to see.

classes more than likely not*

we will probably see more dlc down the road that gives us skill scrolls

*unless an update comes out giving us Roy amiibo support, who will probably have his own class

and I think IS wants the entire world to have the game before they unleash Apotheosis 2

It's actually cheaper on Best Buy from the sheer fact that you get free shipping:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-fire-emblem-fates-edition/4773200.p?id=1219817779057&ref=199&loc=lwQPaWJGLu4&acampID=1&siteID=lwQPaWJGLu4-J4x8UyO8TOZeBQUS3GjtWQ

I pre-ordered via Best Buy, so I'll probably head back into GameStop tomorrow to move my $25 to something else, perhaps the Roy amiibo and then the rest to my Conquest pre-order (purely for the pre-order bonus, otherwise I would've taken advantage of Best Buy's GCU.

Edited by christianponte

you could always just pick it up in store to save on the shipping

anyways I hate living in TN, that 9.45% sales tax just makes everything here so much more expencive

It rises up that 3ds's price up to $220 here

Edited by Captain Karnage

I'm so sick of Nintendo with their "we made 12 of these" bullshit. Bravely Second collectors edition sold out in like <30 minutes tonight just like the FE Fates one. I'm done. I'm canceling my preorder of fates. I'll wait and buy it used in a bin somewhere so nintendo doesn't get a dime.

you could always just pick it up in store to save on the shipping

anyways I hate living in TN, that 9.45% sales tax just makes everything here so much more expencive

It rises up that 3ds's price up to $220 here

I also get Best Buy Reward Zone points out of it, so that's why I was waiting for Best Buy lol. A $200 system is only $4 in rewards, but with everything else, it eventually builds up.

Plus, I compared local tax rates against the tax charged when ordering from Best Buy online, and it was significant enough that I chose Best Buy shipping over In-Store Pickup.

I'm so sick of Nintendo with their "we made 12 of these" bullshit. Bravely Second collectors edition sold out in like <30 minutes tonight just like the FE Fates one. I'm done. I'm canceling my preorder of fates. I'll wait and buy it used in a bin somewhere so nintendo doesn't get a dime.

The only thing one less sale will tell Nintendo is that the game didn't sell as much. If everyone did that, they'd assume no one wants Fire Emblem anymore (because they're really bad with interpreting sales data), and that would just jeopardize localization of the next one, like it did New Mystery. If you really want to get your message across to them and potentially help the situation (if others that share your opinion do the same), your best bet is to call them on the phone and strongly voice your opinion.

Do the boycott, don't do the boycott, whatever – that only affects a number on their spreadsheets. Skip the email, because you'll get a form response and your emails can easily be filtered and forgotten about in a folder (including trash folders). The most effective thing you can do? Call them on the phone, because then you're taking up someone's time. Politely but firmly voice your displeasure in the situation, and try and take up as much of their time as you can with good arguments. They're required to file a report of your complaint. If others do the same thing and clog up their phone lines, not only do they file the complaints, but you clog up the phone lines and take the receptionists and customer service representative away from other customers with other problems, meaning they'd become less effective at doing their jobs, which would reflect badly on them and on Nintendo, which means they'll tell their superiors and supervisors that something needs to be done to resolve the issue ASAP so that the complaints stop, and they can go back to answering people's calls about why their Wii U isn't working and telling them it needs to be plugged into a power outlet first.

This is what I've learned from friends who have at various times worked as Nintendo product demonstrators. Sales figures don't give them the whole picture. It's imperative fans voice their opinion, and a phone call is the best way to do it. I actually asked one of them to directly file a complaint for me about FE12's lack of localization. The response he eventually passed along to me strongly suggested that if more people called and said the same thing about 8 months earlier, we would've gotten the game.

It's actually cheaper on Best Buy from the sheer fact that you get free shipping:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-fire-emblem-fates-edition/4773200.p?id=1219817779057&ref=199&loc=lwQPaWJGLu4&acampID=1&siteID=lwQPaWJGLu4-J4x8UyO8TOZeBQUS3GjtWQ

I pre-ordered via Best Buy, so I'll probably head back into GameStop tomorrow to move my $25 to something else, perhaps the Roy amiibo and then the rest to my Conquest pre-order (purely for the pre-order bonus, otherwise I would've taken advantage of Best Buy's GCU.

Thanks for this~! I need to get with the times anyway, so I'm going to get the game from Gamestop and the 3DS from Best Buy.

I got a call earlier today about "moving my pre-order from the special edition to the 3DS". I went to the store today and told them in no uncertain terms that I want that special edition.

I missed out on Bravely Second's CE too but on the bright side, the only cool thing in it can easily be imported http://www.amazon.co.jp/BRAVELY-SECOND-Design-2013-2015-SE-MOOK/dp/4757546351/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1453349259&sr=8-2&keywords=bravely+second which is what I'm doing.

I also get Best Buy Reward Zone points out of it, so that's why I was waiting for Best Buy lol. A $200 system is only $4 in rewards, but with everything else, it eventually builds up.

Plus, I compared local tax rates against the tax charged when ordering from Best Buy online, and it was significant enough that I chose Best Buy shipping over In-Store Pickup.

The only thing one less sale will tell Nintendo is that the game didn't sell as much. If everyone did that, they'd assume no one wants Fire Emblem anymore (because they're really bad with interpreting sales data), and that would just jeopardize localization of the next one, like it did New Mystery. If you really want to get your message across to them and potentially help the situation (if others that share your opinion do the same), your best bet is to call them on the phone and strongly voice your opinion.

Do the boycott, don't do the boycott, whatever – that only affects a number on their spreadsheets. Skip the email, because you'll get a form response and your emails can easily be filtered and forgotten about in a folder (including trash folders). The most effective thing you can do? Call them on the phone, because then you're taking up someone's time. Politely but firmly voice your displeasure in the situation, and try and take up as much of their time as you can with good arguments. They're required to file a report of your complaint. If others do the same thing and clog up their phone lines, not only do they file the complaints, but you clog up the phone lines and take the receptionists and customer service representative away from other customers with other problems, meaning they'd become less effective at doing their jobs, which would reflect badly on them and on Nintendo, which means they'll tell their superiors and supervisors that something needs to be done to resolve the issue ASAP so that the complaints stop, and they can go back to answering people's calls about why their Wii U isn't working and telling them it needs to be plugged into a power outlet first.

This is what I've learned from friends who have at various times worked as Nintendo product demonstrators. Sales figures don't give them the whole picture. It's imperative fans voice their opinion, and a phone call is the best way to do it. I actually asked one of them to directly file a complaint for me about FE12's lack of localization. The response he eventually passed along to me strongly suggested that if more people called and said the same thing about 8 months earlier, we would've gotten the game.

People have been complaining about their business practices with se/ce/amiibo/etc for years at this point now.

I don't care. They lost my sales. They can replace them by selling them to scalpers who will turn around and hike the price of whatever they just about by like 400%.

People have been complaining about their business practices with se/ce/amiibo/etc for years at this point now.

I don't care. They lost my sales. They can replace them by selling them to scalpers who will turn around and hike the price of whatever they just about by like 400%.

Well...this does kill the anticipation with some people like it has for me with the Special Edition pack. I've already got the artbook anyway with the Special Edition that I've got for my Jap version. Just Conquest along with a good SD card is all I care about now! :) Japan knows how to handle the sales better than America...it seems. It sold out for awhile at playasia, but more came around shortly. The case will likely not be the same for America since they are already being careful with their sales than Japan which they already get enough of. ...And let the scalpers get them already. It's not like no one is going to buy them anyway. It's even worse since Bravely Default no longer has anymore physical copies. Both Gamestop and Best Buy now have only digital downloads. What store may I ask are Bravery Default sold out at?!

They have, but not to Nintendo's faces. It's one thing to rant to your friends on Facebook, or to fellow fans on a message board or website. It's another to do it while also strategically disrupting Nintendo's ability to maintain their quality customer service and essentially forcing their hand to either hire more call receptionists (a temporary and costly solution) or to actually resolve the issue.

Remember that Nintendo's business practice come from their conservative and defensive nature. They'll always understock because they don't want to be left with excess inventory that ends up in the bargain bin (devaluing their brand) or being sold back to them (killing retailer confidence in them). When games don't sell, they assume fans don't want those games, and they make less in the future. If fans buy them, or they get useful feedback that there is more demand for products than they realize, they have the confidence to boost their production numbers.

It's one of the things I hear the most often from my Nintendo contacts and friends: they NEED fan feedback, because the sales data tells them almost nothing. That's why they loved the Club Nintendo surveys, and why they encourage people to call.

Edited by christianponte

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/fire-emblem-fates-conquest-with-fire-emblem-fates-birthright-bundle/126831

All's not lost.

For those that want both paths can still get both the Conquest/Birthright game with the digital code. Gamestop distributes digital codes. Which this is good as there are plentiful of them. Useful for those that already, or don't care about the artbook.

Not knowing why Nintendo even bothers to make the single games when hardly no one is going to buy them. Europe is going to only sell the bundles which that is what NOA should be doing. Ana don't care about the Conquest path and I've already got the artbook which is why that were getting the single games. :)

Conquest for me, because it is life and no physical Birthright copy because it is too friendly and don't want to travel with strangers.

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

They have, but not to Nintendo's faces. It's one thing to rant to your friends on Facebook, or to fellow fans on a message board or website. It's another to do it while also strategically disrupting Nintendo's ability to maintain their quality customer service and essentially forcing their hand to either hire more call receptionists (a temporary and costly solution) or to actually resolve the issue.

Remember that Nintendo's business practice come from their conservative and defensive nature. They'll always understock because they don't want to be left with excess inventory that ends up in the bargain bin (devaluing their brand) or being sold back to them (killing retailer confidence in them). When games don't sell, they assume fans don't want those games, and they make less in the future. If fans buy them, or they get useful feedback that there is more demand for products than they realize, they have the confidence to boost their production numbers.

It's one of the things I hear the most often from my Nintendo contacts and friends: they NEED fan feedback, because the sales data tells them almost nothing. That's why they loved the Club Nintendo surveys, and why they encourage people to call.

Nintendo is a business in the 21st century. They should have a finger on the pulse of their own PR.

We're talking about SE/CE that are being preordered >3+ months ahead of time and are going out of stock in <30 minutes. You know what most other companies do? Adjust their production to meet the demand they gauge.

Can I just say some things now?

Shadow Dragon has sold well over half a million units (one source shows .6 million with European numbers being all but absent); I'm pretty sure sales weren't what caused NME to not be localized. I believe it was that Nintendo wasn't plussed enough to localize it because the 3DS was coming out 6 months later and they wanted to fully promote it's launch.

Shadow Dragon itself was most likely made because the Radiant Duelogy was a borderline flop.

As for the last paragraph, I'd prefer some more details before fully judging what it may have meant.

Can I just say some things now?

Shadow Dragon has sold well over half a million units (one source shows .6 million with European numbers being all but absent); I'm pretty sure sales weren't what caused NME to not be localized. I believe it was that Nintendo wasn't plussed enough to localize it because the 3DS was coming out 6 months later and they wanted to fully promote it's launch.

Shadow Dragon itself was most likely made because the Radiant Duelogy was a borderline flop.

As for the last paragraph, I'd prefer some more details before fully judging what it may have meant.

6mIYc9.jpg

Because of it near dying and not having the sales good enough aside from NA is why that they didn't want to localize it. ...And only 630,000 copies sold worldwide!

6mIYc9.jpg

Because of it near dying and not having the sales good enough aside from NA is why that they didn't want to localize it. ...And only 630,000 copies sold worldwide!

Those numbers aren't exactly accurate; as I mentioned, they practically leave out most of Europe (.03m for an entire continent?).

I'd still say SD sold over half a million, which isn't bad at all for a handheld game in a niche series.

What's up with Amazon...now instock is making it seem like it'll be on Amazon any day now but there's been nothing so far.

I'd prefer to go through Amazon, though I preordered on Best Buy already just in case.

Edit:

Does the 20% off prime discount/Best buy discount count towards the consoles? Wondering if I should have paid the best buy $30 to get 20% off cause that's already $40 off.

Edited by kisooni

The Best Buy GCU 20% off discount only applies to software. You also get a little off on toys-to-life figures (amiibo included), too. Amazon Prime offers the same exact benefits.

The difference is that Prime benefits only last for the pre-order period and two weeks after the game is out. However, it's free shipping and no tax.

GCU (Gamers Club Unlocked) benefits last for the entirety of the game's lifespan, but tax is unavoidable.

Edited by Giga Man