FE7 Poison Bug, poison stalls game

marlon0024

I actually dont know what i did wrong, and the last working backup is from two months ago. If a unit gets poisoned, when it is that unit turn, the game stalls, it wont play the animation of poison damage in the map...So please, can anyone tell me how to fix it, in those two months i did too much, or if anyone can tell me where the data of the poison is stored. I wont like to have to start from two months ago. This link contains the patch of both versions, the working one and the last one im working on. Sometimes it is hard to spot glitches and bugs, and i been playing it all along while i hack...Anby help is apreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0njbr2672g7oda9/Patches.rar?dl=0

I have run across random bugs like this in my own project long after the time that I originally caused it

1. make a savestate

2. check earlier backups of your ROM until you find the newest one that does not have the error

3. run a file comparison hex editor (like hex comparison) and locate ALL differences between the newest backup that does not have this problem, and the oldest backup that does (or just your current version)

this is very time-consuming but it's worth it in the long run if you've put a lot of work into your project

4. experiment with fixing the crap that caused it

while you could potentially just remove the poison status completely from your project (although this error may also come up with other turn-start effects), mine was more serious in that the game would hang after a stupidly specific set of circumstances (player unit attacks enemy unit at 2+ spaces away without killing that unit, gains EXP, and also does not level up from that battle) but it was still important to fix it on the occasions it would happen

Edited by Lamia