Everyone's picked their side, but is there anyone on their preferred side that they don't like? (possible character spoilers)

Elieson

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a second I thought this was gonna be a thread discussing bad unit viability , based on the OP. But instead, it's the Character Hate Thread 2.0!

Not everyone's played the games yet, so it's really hard to pass judgment on who's good in terms of gameplay.

Something like full stats/growths would help, but I have my own way of doing things. . .for example, my favorite Spotpass unit is Brom, hands down.

Not everyone's played the games yet, so it's really hard to pass judgment on who's good in terms of gameplay.Something like full stats/growths would help, but I have my own way of doing things. . .for example, my favorite Spotpass unit is Brom, hands down.

True, true. Well in that case, Mozu annoys me. She's just Donnel 2.0. I also hate Ricken 2.0. I find his arrogance hilarious tho, because he's an awful unit, on Hoshido at least.

Edit: I case you haven't noticed I hate a lot of the 2.0's. It annoys me that IS was too lazy to create new personalities for some characters. I'd take a character with a dumb gimmick over a clone. However, I understand it might be hard coming up with original characters in a series that has hundreds.

Edited by OurBoyRoy

What happened to "don't judge a book by it's cover" though? I'm sure SOME of them are good characters outside of their designs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9PXVBqK4jo

Midoriko has a good enough personality but Kinu (PLAY TIME) and Matoi (Ugh, why am I so perfect?) can be grating. I'm not too familiar with Shinonome but he looks pretty cool. Overall, most of the kids besides Midoriko don't give you anything new so they're are just kinda there if you really want to use them.

Not everyone's played the games yet, so it's really hard to pass judgment on who's good in terms of gameplay.

Something like full stats/growths would help, but I have my own way of doing things. . .for example, my favorite Spotpass unit is Brom, hands down.

This pretty much.

I guess I might as voice who I dislike on the other side of the spectrum, Hoshido, since I intend to go thru it my second playthrough. NotTharja, I absolutely HATED her in Awakening, and they brought her back sorta.

I'm okay with NotGaius and NotCordelia because I'm more or less indifferent to those characters, but NotTharja will likely get the same treatment Original da Tharja got, being killed in her join chapter.

I'm excited for Gurei because I can stick white hair on him, which is my favorite. Otherwise though, I absolutely hate Rhajat. Matoi is cute, though. With how fans reacted to having Gen1 clones, I don't think it'll happen again.

I'm with him, if someone is ugly chances are they won't be used usually. I killed Gonzales in FE6 because he was so ugly.

D:, He's my favorite character. Although I do prefer the more rugged characters.

Anywho, Invisible Kingdom here, I already find over half of the cast to be forgettable and I will be killing them off.

I don't think I'd use Harold or Luna, and although I like Odin's character, I don't like him as a unit. There's also Ashura and most of the kids that I don't plan on using either. I would use Flora if she had supports with Joker, but IS is intent on ruining my otp.

Hardline Team Seafood here.

[spoiler=should probably spoiler this bc I talk out of support convos]

I've went over why I don't like Silas in another thread. Don't need to repeat myself.

Asama's getting on my nerves for the Kagerou support. I like Kagerou a lot and most of her supports look solid, and then there's...this monstrosity that I don't even know how localization is gonna handle. Cordelia's boob references are scattered across her otherwise-not-about-boobs supports, and thus easier to remove than, well, the entire support of what looks like basically workplace harassment. Why didn't Kagerou shank him again? Oh right, everyone has to marry everyone.

Like tbh I think Asama goes way overboard than Joker sometimes. They're both assholes, but I feel like the way they tongue lash have subtle enough differences for me to be mostly okay with one (Joker x Rinka S aside, but S supports tend to be bad anyway so it's not /as/ big of a mark on the characters for me)--even entertained by, hell, but irritated mostly by the other. Joker x Rinka is still very much an "absolutely not" pairing for me, though.

Also Asama is a dick to Sakura and you have to be a special brand of dick to be a dick to Sakura. Like, this fucker was such a dick to Sakura that Sakura beat him up. You know how far you need to go to push Sakura to violence? Very.

I don't dislike Orochi (other than her speed stat), but I do feel more of the people that she supports with need to call her out whenever those pranks go a bit overboard. Takumi does that, at least, but I feel Saizou was not wrong for being upset and she should be the one apologizing to him in their support. I wanted to support them because they're supposed to be friends, but it's making it very hard to.

As for the kids, Shino is the only one I care about based on his own merits, both personality and designwise, and I care about Sieg as a boyfriend for Shino--though my reading of Sieg as a teenage mirror for Marx does make him more interesting. I'm not fond of the excuse they came up with to put the kid system back in so I have a hard time caring about most of them, even having read their supports. Shino just really stood out to me. Being a small lobster doesn't hurt his case, either.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Also Asama is a dick to Sakura and you have to be a special brand of dick to be a dick to Sakura. Like, this fucker was such a dick to Sakura that Sakura beat him up. You know how far you need to go to push Sakura to violence? Very.

dude i didn't read this support, does he really?

like not even joker is an asshole to sakura

how fucking much of a d bag do you have to be to be mean to sakura

Yes really and it doesn't help that when he tries to apologize he says he doesn't really mean it which Sakura hears, but he instead tries to do it by giving her a gift... one of those situations where words speak a whole lot more and that is why some of us despise him.

It does establish that Hoshidan noblewomen are not even really supposed to be staffchicks, and that Sakura being one is already pretty out of the norm. Asama tells her "why aren't you just sitting on your princessy ass getting pampered" or something along those lines, and the exchange eventually drives Sakura angry enough that she starts smacking him with her staff.

I actually enjoy the C-B parts of this support precisely because it establishes some worldbuilding and lets us see a Sakura when pushed too far. Beat his ass, Sakura, you're the best.

Lemme just link it. http://pastebin.com/zHaXDR2u

To me that "rumor" kinda sounds like a Telephone-game interpretation of Asama basically saying "I can't think of a good way to apologize to Sakura, so I won't apologize with words that might just please her". Continuing with the read in context, it seems like Asama knows he has the tact of a gorilla in heat, and figures that he'd bear just play things safe by showing his feelings with the help of the talisman, rather than fumbling words to piss her off even more. He sure talks a lot about the talisman, which would be weird if he maintained his aloof " I don't want to talk to your royal ass anymore" mentality that he displayed in C and part of B.

It does establish that Hoshidan noblewomen are not even really supposed to be staffchicks, and that Sakura being one is already pretty out of the norm. Asama tells her "why aren't you just sitting on your princessy ass getting pampered" or something along those lines, and the exchange eventually drives Sakura angry enough that she starts smacking him with her staff.

I actually enjoy the C-B parts of this support precisely because it establishes some worldbuilding and lets us see a Sakura when pushed too far. Beat his ass, Sakura, you're the best.

That S support is awful.

It sounds like Asama does a lot of talking and very little listening, and isn't very open to changing his mind. He's honest to a fault, and I don't think it's out of malice, so I can't totally dislike him.

EDIT: Like, the filter between his mind and his mouth is turned off, so he'll say exactly what he's thinking.

Edited by eclipse

That S support is awful.

It sounds like Asama does a lot of talking and very little listening, and isn't very open to changing his mind. He's honest to a fault, and I don't think it's out of malice, so I can't totally dislike him.

EDIT: Like, the filter between his mind and his mouth is turned off, so he'll say exactly what he's thinking.

Yeah, that wasn't the support that fully pushed me over (especially since it has merits in terms of non-romantic content, I do love Sakura's character), but rather, this one:

http://megidoladying.tumblr.com/post/133858152324/asama-and-kagerou-supports-c-s

Filter or not, that should've ended at the C with Kagerou shanking him and Asama resolving to learn to put a filter on himself after he recovers.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah, that wasn't the support that fully pushed me over (especially since it has merits in terms of non-romantic content, I do love Sakura's character), but rather, this one:

http://megidoladying.tumblr.com/post/133858152324/asama-and-kagerou-supports-c-s

Filter or not, that should've ended at the C with Kagerou shanking him and Asama resolving to learn to put a filter on himself after he recovers.

Holy crap that is awful. I know who's getting killed off on their join chapter.

Wow, what an incredibly petty asshole. "Get a load of this modest bitch! She should act more like a spoiled bitch, that bitch!" "Everyone is talking about how I'm an asshole so I'll make an insincere apology by handing over this trinket. That dumb bitch will probably accept it."

And finally Sakura in the S support "You've been nothing but a petty asshole to me from the start but I understand now that I love you." Of all the wtf S ranks in this game... Asama is getting killed off in my next playthrough.

I think it's a LOT better than the support with Sakura - at least Kagerou can get a word in, and Asama tones it down after she threatens to slit his throat. I also figured it would end exactly like that.

The more I see of Asama, the more I'm reminded of a lot of socially awkward guys I know. . .

Wow, what an incredibly petty asshole. "Get a load of this modest bitch! She should act more like a spoiled bitch, that bitch!" "Everyone is talking about how I'm an asshole so I'll make an insincere apology by handing over this trinket. That dumb bitch will probably accept it."

And finally Sakura in the S support "You've been nothing but a petty asshole to me from the start but I understand now that I love you." Of all the wtf S ranks in this game... Asama is getting killed off in my next playthrough.

There's a lot of S ranks in this game that are so fucking dumb like

You know how I complain about Joker x Rinka S all the time? Like they have a pure humor C-A with no real character chemistry and then suddenly S rank hits and Joker comes on really hard and Rinka...actually goes with it instead of acting in character and punching him in the face and leaving? This is why I dislike the everyone S everyone system. Shit like this happens.

I think it's a LOT better than the support with Sakura - at least Kagerou can get a word in, and Asama tones it down after she threatens to slit his throat. I also figured it would end exactly like that.

The more I see of Asama, the more I'm reminded of a lot of socially awkward guys I know. . .

Well, Kagerou's personality means she'll get aggressive faster than Sakura does, so that makes sense in character. I also feel that this support does nothing in terms of establishing character or worldbuilding type of substance, whereas Asama/Sakura at least lets us know that what Sakura's doing is not in the norm (you go girl) and will eventually stand up for herself when pushed too far despite her meek and shy initial demeanor.

It made me love Sakura more, if anything.

Edited by Thor Odinson

You know what's sad, I may be easily able to tell WHY Asama comes across as an asshole, but I can't help but sympathize with him in some sense. I too am socially awkward, and tend to say things that mean very different things from what I'm intending. It doesn't help that I tend to be overly blunt at times, so in some sense I can see where Asama's coming from, even if I think he went too far.

Well, Kagerou's personality means she'll get aggressive faster than Sakura does, so that makes sense in character. I also feel that this support does nothing in terms of establishing character or worldbuilding type of substance, whereas Asama/Sakura at least lets us know that what Sakura's doing is not in the norm (you go girl) and will eventually stand up for herself when pushed too far despite her meek and shy initial demeanor.

It made me love Sakura more, if anything.

The Asama/Kagerou support says a LOT about Asama. It tells me that he has no idea how to start a conversation with a woman he likes, and is more interested in holding someone's attention, instead of analyzing what kind of attention he has and adjusting himself accordingly. Can't really hate the guy, because I'm too busy facepalming at him.