Esme

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY SHIT I ALMOST FORGOT

this is sun ra.

he is fucking weird.

this is one of his less weird songs, but here and there you hear... the little things. like a sax that sounds like it's from a different song. in a different key. it's pretty toned down, at least. if you really enjoy bullshit, you can listen to the title and intro track off this album, space is the place, which is 22 minutes of insanity, or the 7-minute track sea of sounds, which somehow manages to be even more self-indulgent.

it's spinetta! obligatory, of course. coming through with the jazz fusion era. sup

really digging teebs and spiritualized so far.

i've heard of spiritualized before, but never really decided to check them out. i will amend this mistake with haste.

Edited by Disinnocence

really digging teebs and spiritualized so far.

i've heard of spiritualized before, but never really decided to check them out. i will amend this mistake with haste.

teebs' ardour and E S T A R A are both great and i recommed them whole heartedly

spiritualized's ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space is legitimately one of the best albums of the 90s so you should give it a spin for sure

unknown mortal orchestra make poppy lo-fi psych rock in the vein of the beatles, and now they're messing around with funkier sounds. this is one of their more popular songs. they're pretty alright. i'm seeing them live later this month

i've probably shilled uchu conbini in this forum before. they're derivative emo shite, basically japanese american football but with pretty female vocals, and i absolutely love it. they've broken up though

i couldn't find the song i actually wanted to post on its own, but it's the first song off this EP

Edited by fuccboi

and if you like ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space, further atone for your sins by also checking out the perfect prescription by spacemen 3 (the spiritualized guy's former band). the drug rock twofer. you'll never come back down!

hell yeah, thanks for the suggestions, guys. i'll be sure to check them out... soon, i hope, because i know i'll say "yeah, i'll check it out later" and then never get to it, so i'm going convince myself give them a listen tonight. we'll see what happens.

and now everything changes (?) will be the second song that's blocked for me. i had to find it through... other means...

mmmm today's song was pretty... pretty. very good.

i checked out ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space last night, and i really enjoyed that shit. their sound reminds me of swans a little bit. i particularly enjoyed the title track, broken heart, no god only religion, cool waves, and cop shoot cop.

LAST DAY LOST DAY

this is the gaslamp killer. his album breakthrough is a wonderfully quirky instrumental hip hop/"plunderphonics"/electronic project. flange face is probably my favourite song off it.

EPILEPSY WARNING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCIKEPG0Lqk

Spark Master Tape is... a big fucking question mark. he made two mixtapes in 2012 and 2013 with his vocals pitched down and playing a bunch of sort of insane characters and they seem like both a deconstruction and celebration of his genre, with the gratuitious adlibs and airhorns and dj tags. after 2013 he disappeared off the face of the earth, and then suddenly this year he comes through with singles and promises and it's hype as shit. tenkkeys has a far more trendy sound than his other shit but it's still fantastic. for a taste of how off the wall spark usually is, check out castles & towers (which incidentially contains a sample from the hotline miami soundtrack, lmao) or charlie's episode (which has one of the illest verses you'll hear this week, maybe).

sorry for the shitty week!! it's mustard's turn now

Edited by fuccboi

:Germany:
g'day, rabble. it's time for my second week of good, hard vicaring. don't call it a comeback! i've decided my theme for this week will be to post one (1) song from seven (7) different countries, stir the ingredients until just combined, theeeeeeeen rule them all? yes that will do. i've long had an affinity for german music of the 1970's, so i'll start with a vaguely medieval tune from that place and time. gotta set the mood, yeah?
[spoiler=Nico - Janitor of Lunacy]

many recognize the name nico from her appearance on the velvet underground & nico, one of the 5 or 10 most acclaimed albums ever (#take: it deserves to be). she never received much attention for her gothic solo work tho, which is too bad; desertshore in particular is a fun listen, especially if you're in a vaguely medieval mood. here's its opening track

whoops, i meant to vote, but i was gonna vote for dijon as to not complicate things, so there's that.

anyway, this week was fantastic, mostly due to the fact that spiritualized and teebs were fucking sick, as you probably know.

looking forward to the multinational (?) experience from dijon here, because this first song is very good.

Edited by Disinnocence

:Jamaica:
hey let's take a nice, brisk swim to jamaica why don't we (last one there is a rotten prole!). it's probably unwise of me to lead a vicariate-wide field trip to a country rife with protest lyrics, but, relax, okay, i picked an instrumental track. don't get your hair in a twist
[spoiler=Keith Hudson - Michael Talbot Affair]

this is dub. think of dub as experimental, rhythm-oriented reductions of reggae songs. now, to the uninitiated, jamaican music may all sound "samey" or too puff-puff-pass. but i could listen to dub forever, including the next 3 minutes. i picked this track because it's pretty and eclectic enough to appeal to people who might not listen to this sort of thing and also because i love you dad please don't go