The Weekly "Vicar of Music" Thread

Esme

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll see your "nah" and raise you a "nuh-uh." better fold while you still can.

substantive aside: if y'all want more stuff like fka twigs at the intersection of r&b and 'forward-thinking' electronica, consider giving blackheart by dawn richard a try (my favourite r&b release from last year! iirc!); it's a bit heavier on the experimentation than twigs's stuff, which sounds unlikely but i think is accurate. another year-old release worth trying is hallucinogen, an ep by kelela. /substance

can't we all collectively share the jam... together?

anyway, seeing fka twigs reminded me to check out fka twigs.

also, i'll definitely try to get on those recc's in the next millennium or so. i promise.

Speaking of projects these were this week's, all recommended

Ovulating Hummingbirds - Ovulating Hummingbirds (tho i recommend their full length album SB0008 also on their bandcamp)

Emily - Emily (it literally is christian paych folk)

FKA Twigs - M3LL155X (i highly recommend this one, plus EP2 which is her second best, plus every other projecy of hers because honestly she hasnt gone wrong so far)

Busdriver - Perfect Hair (very interesting, v weird, kinda super backpacky)

ultraísta - ultraísta (a seriously great and pretty little album)

Louis Prima - The Wildest! (there arent any other songs quite as good as the one i posted on this, but its still very enjoyable)

Flying Lotus - Reset (also check out every other thing by him lol, esp. Cosmogramma, but all his projects have a worthy listen in them)

And since i noticed i both didnt post any bonuses OR any shitty emo heres a little something for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11_2RJCbLBs&feature=share

Also containing the best line in emo; BOYS KISSING BOYS KISSING BOYS KISSING BOOOOOOYS

Edited by fuccboi

hell yeah, a good-ass week which reminded me to check out some artists I've been too lazy too check out, because that's always the case.

and yeah, this should be esme's second go.

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED

I BRING TO THEE, COCOROSIE:

[spoiler=Cocorosie, Haitian Love Songs]

They're an interesting pair of sisters from Arizona (iirc) who now live in Paris. Their first album, La Maison De Mon Reve, is my favorite. All the songs in this album are pretty much just the sisters singing and playing around with guitars, toy instruments, and beatboxing. I've been listening to this album for a long time-- since I was a young teen --so it's pretty nostalgic to me.

Since I missed yesterday, here's another song:

[spoiler=Towa Tei, Risk Some Soul]

It's one of my favorite house tunes by Towa Tei, a really cool Japanese DJ. It's actually been removed from Youtube for a long time until recently. I guess it was meant to be that I'd be able to share it with you guys today! Enjoooooy!