The Weekly "Vicar of Music" Thread

Esme

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo let's keep anarching until the playlist is a multiple of 7 again so it's easy for me to figure out if i fucked up getting all the songs in

seems nobody's hijacked the thread today so i, your "friendly" neighborhood hijacker (wait, fuccboi used this same term last anarchy week, whoops), will take on this heavy burden.

Seems that on the off-weeks of this thread, I tend to post prog, so, let's continue the trend with Riverside's more electronic/ambient side project. The rest of the album's pretty cool, so check it out if you want. I won't force you.

Edited by Disinnocence

[spoiler=holy shit I'm so sorry aaaaa]I completely forgot to post my last two songs:

Genius and the Thieves, Eluvium

夕べの祈り, Haruka Nakamura

Edited by Esme

Sometimes, you just need a song to make you happy in a big, dumb, mullety 1980s way. And, thus;

[spoiler=Pseudo Echo - Funky Town]

'ciaran when will you stop posting bad but cheerful 80s songs' never

Anyway, after anarchy week, we should probably settle on a new... person. Who hasn't been up for a while?

Edited by Parrhesia

It can't be me because I leave for a no Wi-Fi vacation tomorrow

That won't stop me from fanning the flames of anarchy before I go, though

[spoiler=Laura Veirs- July Flame][media]

[media]

Not super familiar with the rest of Veirs' work because I only discovered her through her collaborative album with Neko Case and kd lang, called case/lang/veirs(which is out June 10th for those interested). Still, I like what I've heard of hers so far, and that definitely includes this song.

Edited by Ambling Falchion

oh yeah, wonderfully pretty week, man. nice to see some eluvium here and that last song was fucking beautiful.

anyway, the least recently voted for vicar was moira, but we all saw how that went, so next in line would be chen, so if you're out there my man, please speak up so we don't have to duke it out gladiatorial style to figure out who goes next. that would be appreciated.

and lastly, legit every song this week has been golden (this color looks golden, right?), so let's keep it up, i guess.

Edited by Disinnocence

Sometimes, you just need a song to make you happy in a big, dumb, mullety 1980s way. And, thus;

[spoiler=Pseudo Echo - Funky Town]

'ciaran when will you stop posting bad but cheerful 80s songs' never

Anyway, after anarchy week, we should probably settle on a new... person. Who hasn't been up for a while?

just so you know this video is no longer alive so you might want to update the playlist

parrhesia asked that the vicar playlist be at a multiple of 7 and it's at 129 which means [math] we need 4 more songs. so i'm gonna do an anarchy double dip and post another one; sorry that's just how i was raised
[spoiler=X - Johnny Hit and Run Paulene]

most punk bands made tude music that doesn't appeal to me but this punk band made tude music that v much does

just so you know this video is no longer alive so you might want to update the playlist

Is it region-locked or something? Works fine for me, but I can look for another version

welcome to my world idk just look up 'funky town pseudo echo' until you find something relevant

(the other versions I've heard are all terrible and not even slightly cheerful 1980s mullets)

Im gonna fuck that up later tonight disinnocence so stay tuned

i'm not sure if i'm disappointed that i wasn't disappointed or if i'm straight up disappointed or maybe this is some clever joke where you don't post a song to make some sort of avant-garde artistic statement (nah man, just joshin you)

and the video was blocked for me too, but it usually doesn't matter for me, as i'll just look it up elsewhere. i suppose it really just matters if it's blocked for the majority of people.

also, chen hasn't showed up yet. looks like we might have to duke it out 1v1 rust, snipers only

so that means i let you down on several cross-referential levels. i always find new ways to do that

ANYWAY I GOT TO SEE THE GASLAMP KILLER AND DJ MASEO OF DE LA SOUL FAME LIVE THE OTHER NIGHT AND I'VE ALREADY POSTED ONE OF THOSE SO HERE'S DE LA YO

that's the less appreciated version of the song

Edited by fuccboi

taps in 131/7 into calculator

c899d08afb596dc7e1722f58939cbc3d.png

WELL OK

the backstory to this song is i have played millions of hours of fifa 06 when i was a teenager and the soundtrack is embedded in my skull and i do not know if the people who made this song have ever made other music at any stage in their life, i do not know which is the song name and which is the band name or what is the genre but here it is baby!!!

THIS ISNT' VIDEOGAME MUSIC.

Two more before next vicar.

Edited by Parrhesia

so that means i let you down on several cross-referential levels. i always find new ways to do that

well, no need to worry since the song itself was pretty good, so it kind of all evens out, you know?

also, pretty sick song today (yesterday?) too, although my recommended is (probably) now full of fifa soundtrack music.

Edited by Disinnocence

that was pretty groovy, was it like menu music or something?

FIFA playlists are generally a fairly eclectic blend (kinda leaning towards techno/dance on average? I'm bad with genres) of obscurish music, just sort of playing throughout every menu outside of matches themselves. The entire FIFA 06 soundtrack is pretty good honestly.

well, since it seems double dipping is the hip new thing (also it's late and no song was posted today), guess i'll go for a second time to fill in the much needed sixth space.

Not much to say about this one other than it's probably the best beat off this record, and probably one of my favorite Earl songs, so, that's about it.

Edited by Disinnocence

well, since that's 7 (well actually like 9 because we got overzealous or miscounted idk) songs now, and moira has once again descended down upon this realm, i'm gonna toss my vote for them so we don't have to argue. or we can, if that's what's cool/what we want.