26 members have voted

1. 1. Who sould Sylvia marry?

• Alec
    • Levin
  2. 2. Who should Briggid marry?

• Alec
    • Midir
    • Jamka

Sylvia should mary no one or Claud. Claud will give her kid son the Valkyrie Staff. With no one you get the "substitute kids" who can Barrier Sword and the Berserk Staff.

Is it the same in shin patch though? (which is what this thread is about)

Edited by sirmola

Alec!Sylvia is bad, so I voted Levin!Sylvia.

Your options for Briggid aren't really optimal (the best are the ones which help out Patty), so I just picked Jamka so that Faval could theoretically ORKO the final boss w/enough rigging.

Sylvia? Well, the answer to that is "none of the above", because Dew's like, the only person in the army young enough to marry her without being creepy. But if you had to choose between Alec and Levin, I guess I'd pick Alec.

As for Briggid, I guess I'd say she should marry Midir. His love for her seems a bit more sincere, and it'd be a shame for Jamka to miss out on marrying Aideen.

Those choices are based under the assumption that every pairing in the Shin Patch gives usable children thanks to the rebalance of male characters in gen 1.

Basically, I just want someone who shares conversations with his lover or his daughter.

So far the pairings are:

Aideen X Azel

Aira X Ardan

Raquesis X Dew

Fury X Noish

Tiltyu X Claude

With the last one being the only one chosen from the start because Valkyrie.

Sylvia goes with Claude. Either that or don't have her marry, considering I never was able to get much use out of Corple anyways and Laylea is better than Leen. Plus with nobody you get Berserk staff. The ONLY Berserk staff. I generally have Briggid marry Holyn because Luna, but Jamke also works nicely. Though I find it redundant having two archer parents with only one archer baby, so Holyn also provides some better starting gear for Patty.

Edited by Lantairu

• 2 months later...

Out of the two choices for Sylvia, Levin works better. Story-wise, it's cute. The magic growths Levin passes down to Corpul will be great, making him a great healer.

The only problem with Corpul is that he's an "Est" character, and a healer to boot so it will be strenuous to level him up to tap that Holsety power, but it will be worth it.

Levin!Leen is actually a good choice for Leen as well. Give her Wind's Edge type sword and you don't have to worry about her being defenseless. There are some cases where her substitute Laylea is "better" in terms of stats, but with Levin, Leen is better. But since she's a dancer anyways, her stats don't really matter too much as she shouldn't be doing a lot of fighting in the first place. Corpul's stats should be the priority, so having a magic-based father is best. Alec's inheritance only benefits Leen (gives her some good phys stats, nothing too spectacular, but you shouldn't worry too much on her dying on a first blow), but not so much for Corpul.

I don't really pay attention to Briggid's kids so meh. But Dew and Holyn are good fathers for Patty though.