What would you like to see out of future DLC for the game?

Auro Astum

It doesn't though. Every character in Fates has a solo ending and then a married ending, which are always the same doesn't matter the route. The Avatar has a different ending for Revelations. Female characters from Nohr, or the few Revelations ones that can marry Owain and Inigo, get an ending variation for that. Although, oddly, the female avatar doesn't. Tharja and Niles have special epilogues for their homosexual ending with the avatar. Male characters have a special epilogue marrying the female avatar in Revelations. That's it.

Compare to Awakening where every pairing had its own exclusive epilogue for the female character, although the male part didn't change - aside from a couple of exceptions where the entire ending blurb was rewritten. The only issue was the Avatar's ending, which completely eliminated his partner's side of the epilogue. The problem with Fates' ending don't come only on replays either. Due to the Fates endings needing to be generic, well, they are generic and don't feel specific enough for the pairing or their support conversations, since they can't use anything specific about their husband's or their ending. It also leads to some odd combinations, like for example, Xander/Severa, results in him leaving Nohr behind alongside the Awakening trio which seems completely out of character.

Exactly! I am surprised that I finally started a debate over the generic endings however.

Edited by Reachfan2

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't though. Every character in Fates has a solo ending and then a married ending, which are always the same doesn't matter the route. The Avatar has a different ending for Revelations. Female characters from Nohr, or the few Revelations ones that can marry Owain and Inigo, get an ending variation for that. Although, oddly, the female avatar doesn't. Tharja and Niles have special epilogues for their homosexual ending with the avatar. Male characters have a special epilogue marrying the female avatar in Revelations. That's it.

Compare to Awakening where every pairing had its own exclusive epilogue for the female character, although the male part didn't change - aside from a couple of exceptions where the entire ending blurb was rewritten. The only issue was the Avatar's ending, which completely eliminated his partner's side of the epilogue. The problem with Fates' ending don't come only on replays either. Due to the Fates endings needing to be generic, well, they are generic and don't feel specific enough for the pairing or their support conversations, since they can't use anything specific about their husband's or their ending. It also leads to some odd combinations, like for example, Xander/Severa, results in him leaving Nohr behind alongside the Awakening trio which seems completely out of character.

You might need to explain more in detail about why the character endings for singles and married couples is too 'generic' and not unique in your vierw because I'm not really getting your point right now as outside of the 'Kamui-overwrite-their-partner's' ending, everything is just about the same as Awakening.

I like the idea of DLC involving Sumeragi and Garon pre-Fates. Another idea I had was DLC where the reward is more dragonstones: a Dawnstone, a Duskstone, and a Rainbowstone. Each stone not only provides different stats, but changes the appearance of Corrin's dragon form to look more Hoshidan/Nohrian/(We never see the Rainbow Sage's dragon form or even a statue of it so all the more creativity). Also maybe some of these could have 1-2 range.

Edited by vanguard333

I like the idea of DLC involving Sumeragi and Garon pre-Fates. Another idea I had was DLC where the reward is more dragonstones: a Dawnstone, a Duskstone, and a Rainbowstone. Each stone not only provides different stats, but changes the appearance of Corrin's dragon form to look more Hoshidan/Nohrian/(We never see the Rainbow Sage's dragon form or even a statue of it so all the more creativity). Also maybe some of these could have 1-2 range.

That's a nice idea but there should be some sort of limitations or else Kamui and their children become t0o broken. 55+ in 4+ stats but HP (60-65) running unique Dragonstone+s that have 1-2 range is a bit much. The Rainbow Sage is hinted to be one of the First Dragons (similar to Anakos who's lineage is unknown) and the First Dragons don't have enough information yet. So far we know that the Dawn and Dusk Dragon are possibly First Dragons as is the Rainbow Sage, Anakos might be one seeing how he can use Dragon Veins as he's a Dragon himself and according to the Rainbow Sage, there were at least more than 5 First Dragons at the dawn of time in Fates.

Following your idea for those unique Dragonstone+s and thinking of some stats on them:

*DawnStone+ (Birthright only. Uses Strength): Str+20, Skl/Def+10. Avoid+20. Range: 1-2. Can't do follow-up attacks. Can't follow up.

*Duskstone+ (Conquest Only. Uses Magic): Mag+20, Spd/Res+10. Avoid+20. Range: 1-2. Can't do follow-up attacks. Can't follow up.

*Rainbowstone+ (Revelations Only. 50% of your combined Strength and Magic.) Str/Mag+20, Skl/Spd/Def/Res+10. Avoid+20. Range: 1-2. Can't do follow-up attacks. Can't follow up.

**While you get them after meeting the Rainbow Sage, the stats correspond to the main stats that each version has while granting 1-2 attack range. Hoshido grants Strength, Skill and Defense while Nohr grants Magic, Speed and Resistance while both grant Avoid+20. The version from Revelations is both stones combined (as you get both kingdoms helping you in Revelations) while retaining Avoid+20. The 'Can't do follow-up attacks. Can't follow up.' is to prevent players from stacking the upgraded Yato's weapon effects with the unique Dragonstone+s without a side-effect. While your stats using one of the three unique Dragonstone+s makes you more powerful than normal (you have what amounts to as 55+ Attack Power without statues), it prevents you from becoming the rampaging Feral Dragon that can't be stopped. Still this is pretty out of control for a mere idea.

I wasn't exactly thinking of dragonstones that powerful (does a weapon with high weapon might need +20 strength/magic?) Though you probably came up with a better idea for the change in stats than I would have (and you did call them Dawn/Dusk/Rainbowstone+). I think you are right in saying those stat changes are pretty out of control for a mere idea.

Also: I'm pretty sure the Rainbow Sage was a First Dragon since (Revelation spoiler: correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall him admitting that, by creating the Yato and the other sacred weapons, he was the one who brought humanity into the war between the First Dragons; presumably before the dragons started offering their blood to humans. This is supported by his chant: I who forged the sacred blade; I who committed the great sin. The great sin, as revealed in Revelation, was recruiting humans to fight the First Dragon war).

Edited by vanguard333

I wasn't exactly thinking of dragonstones that powerful (does a weapon with high weapon might need +20 strength/magic?) Though you probably came up with a better idea for the change in stats than I would have (and you did call them Dawn/Dusk/Rainbowstone+). I think you are right in saying those stat changes are pretty out of control for a mere idea.

Also: I'm pretty sure the Rainbow Sage was a First Dragon since (Revelation spoiler: correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall him admitting that, by creating the Yato and the other sacred weapons, he was the one who brought humanity into the war between the First Dragons; presumably before the dragons started offering their blood to humans. This is supported by his chant: I who forged the sacred blade; I who committed the great sin. The great sin, as revealed in Revelation, was recruiting humans to fight the First Dragon war).

Those was the stat boosts to each stat (not HP and Luck) as you'll notice that Beaststones and Dragonstones have a modest Might of 10-15 at most but grants boosts to certain stats as well when equipped.. Those were just examples of some of the 'negative' side-effects of weapons that are that strong. You noticed how I showed how high those boosts were and that I said 'can't follow-up attack. can't follow up.' as well which are the consequences of using them.

Don't take this idea as something that I could agree on regarding Kamui's actions even though I thought of it:

Pacifiststone+: (Mt. 15 Hit. 0 Crit. 0) [Kamui Only] /Does Luck Damage (damage is based on the Luck Stat). Hit and Critical-Hit becomes '100' when counter-attacking only. Does 5x critical damage instead of 3x./

*Note: Based on Kamui's overall nature of not wanting to harm others at all unless they feel as if they have no other choice but to attack to survive.

Well, the Rainbow Sage is a First Dragon considering that he mentioned that there were others as well who he was 'competing' against before the war started up.

Okay, now I understand. I apologize. I wrongly assumed that, since you referred to the dragonstones as stone+, then they would have a might of 25 like the dragonstone+.

If I would think them as 'Stone+' then I would desire anything with 25+ Might when the offensive stat boosted offers +8+ Str/Mag to halve the user's Str/Mag or halve the Weapon's Might each time it was used (not necessarily hitting the enemy) in battle until the following turn when you attack using a C-Rank or below weapon.

Okay then. Perhaps to avoid further confusion, since the idea was one type of each DLC dragonstone, maybe we should just refer to them as Dawn/Dusk/Rainbowstone and not have the +. To be honest though, the main point behind my idea was that the stones would change Corrin's appearance as a dragon, and I wasn't really thinking of stats (I only brought up the 1-2 range idea as I missed that from Radiant Dawn and Awakening).

Okay then. Perhaps to avoid further confusion, since the idea was one type of each DLC dragonstone, maybe we should just refer to them as Dawn/Dusk/Rainbowstone and not have the +. To be honest though, the main point behind my idea was that the stones would change Corrin's appearance as a dragon, and I wasn't really thinking of stats (I only brought up the 1-2 range idea as I missed that from Radiant Dawn and Awakening).

Radiant Dawn never had 'Dragonstones' implemented, that was only games prior and after the Tellius series that had Dragonstones involved if at all. And now that you talk about Radiant Dawn, you don't want anything that formshifts into something else like a beast or a dragon to get double their base stats upon transforming...too overpowered even with a range of 1. Well, I don't think it would be a unique 'stone' that would alter Kamui's appearance, more of a personal skill or something that would by use of a Command Skill option to me as 'Dragonstones' don't really alter the physical appearance (Kamui and their children look the same as a Dragon when transformed... *insert grumbling about the lack of Dragonic Size between the family*).

I want a human Garon DLC, because it could elaborate more on the actual interesting guy that he is, and Bolverk is like the coolest thing ever,

But if they cant write a decent reasoning for Garon to be usable then don't bother imo.

I was referring to Dragon Laguz in the case of Radiant Dawn as it was an example of a dragon unit having 1-2 range. I apologize for the confusion.

Well, that's not your fault, you were trying to make the connection between the Dragon Laguz of Tellius and the Dragonstone/Manaketes of the other games. I just couldn't catch on to your idea so easily which was my fault.