What would you like to see out of future DLC for the game?

Auro Astum

Seriously, something that add more supports for characters that only Support Corrin or have very few (Gunter). So people can marry whoever they want and not miss on completionism.

Also, better class transfer. If my secondary class is the same as my Friend/Spouse class primary, I shouldn't get the primary and gain nothing extra. That's silly and the game should acknowledge that.

Allows limited items to be bought on other castles or allow players to gift them.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you would apparently like it if the designers made a FE x FE crossover where normal game rules for timelines are no longer applied so there's more fun content? That would be fun. Avatar appearance takes place in the logbook in Fates just like in Awakening, it copies what the Avatar looked like (including their gender) prior to adding them to your logbook. Only upside is that Fates allows you to add other characters that you have obtained (both voiced and non-voiced, both of which become non-voiced once recruited from your logbook) outside of the Avatar while Awakening only allowed you to add Avatars + non-voiced characters to your logbook units. Fate's Records Hall is basically an in-game version of Awakening's Support Records that you could access on the main menu unless I'm misunderstanding you somewhere.

Basically yes, I'd like this if it just threw timelines and stuff out the window and turned into a fun crossover map where you get to see the characters interact. Just that it looks at your Awakening streetpass to make it so it's your playthrough rather than always some generic one. Really this would just be for appearances and such. That's what I meant by looking at Awakening streetpass data, as it records not just appearance but who was who's parent and such. I did not mean to let you recruit stuff from your Awakening log book

But as I said, I kinda fear that IS would screw this up somehow, so I kinda at the same time don't want this to happen.

Edited by TheWerdna

Basically yes, I'd like this if it just threw timelines and stuff out the window and turned into a fun crossover map where you get to see the characters interact. Just that it looks at your Awakening streetpass to make it so it's your playthrough rather than always some generic one. Really this would just be for appearances and such. That's what I meant by looking at Awakening streetpass data, as it records not just appearance but who was who's parent and such. I did not mean to let you recruit stuff from your Awakening log book

But as I said, I kinda fear that IS would screw this up somehow, so I kinda at the same time don't want this to happen.

Well, there should be some staple balance if anything like this were to happen for a crossover to prevent possible errors (a crossover this big would need quite a lot of modifications due to the large amount of data involved) in the game's coding. Also, considering that ever since Awakening (where the Outrealms made things a slight crossover), Anna (NPC) is basically doing minor crossovers for everyone. Yes, I do find the idea of a FE x FE crossover to be very fun if there is more content for players to enjoy while at the same time some features in-game that prevent people from trying to add more to what is already given when the crossover grants you just about every possible character that is featured/mentioned in the game.

'Generic' runs, how so I'm a little bit confused? Fates also similarly records who is who's parent and things like that even if it's more subtle and not as pronounced.

Well seeing how Fates got semi-screwed up by IS...all we can do is hope that they won't screw up the next FE installment if they are in charge of it...if they are the ones to make the next installment.

I want an S-Support DLC. I basically want a map that allows romantic couples to have conversations like in the Festival DLCs. But I also want all the conversations between the couples to be romantic, including the ones that are platonic in the actual game. For example, Caeldori and Male Kana talk about how they turned from friends into a romantic couple. Or any of the Soleil conversations with any of her male supports besides Forrest, and Male Corrin since those two are considered romantic.

Edited by Reachfan2

I would love some more of the Lodestar and Great Lord items. But, just for the Aether skill...

That is already in the second batch of DLC that JP has just finished and after a while will arrive in other regions as another thread already has JP players talk about the DLC that allows you to farm for more Exalt/Hero Brands. Would be a bit more nice if you could gain access to weakened versions of sacred weapons from other games seeing how the sacred weapons in this game are locked to certain characters.

Edited by Emblem Blade

I would love some more of the Lodestar and Great Lord items. But, just for the Aether skill...

Vanguard Dawn DLC map exists -- keep killing the boss General to get Aether scrolls -- usable on any unit that is lv. 25+ or promoted lv. 5+, mate.

I want an S-Support DLC. I basically want a map that allows romantic couples to have conversations like in the Festival DLCs. But I also want all the conversations between the couples to be romantic, including the ones that are platonic in the actual game. For example, Caeldori and Male Kana talk about how they turned from friends into a romantic couple. Or any of the Soleil conversations with any of her male supports besides Forrest, and Male Corrin since those two are considered romantic.

I second this. It îs kinda lame only Corrin gets extra S-support conversations with the 8 characters who won the popularity contest.

Ok so #1 We need Morgan and Noire in this game maybe a DLC where we can recruit them since they are canonically sisters.

#2 a dlc where you help the awakening gang defeat grima once again or in the last chapter of awakening.

#3 We need a bride class in FE Fates so yeah we need dlc for that.

#4 A dlc where you can save characters that died in the game and recruit them like Scarlet, Lilith, Mikoto, Asura mother Arete, Izana( nobody really cares about him), Garon maybe and Sumeragi.

#5 We need Tiki in this game not enough manaketes. I believe that is all for now.

Edited by Nero Sinclair

Ok so #1 We need Morgan and Noire in this game maybe a DLC where we can recruit them since they are canonically sisters. #2 a dlc where you help the awakening gang defeat grima once again or in the last chapter of awakening. #3 We need a bride class in FE Fates so yeah we need dlc for that. #4 A dlc where you can save characters that died in the game and recruit them like Scarlet, Lilith, Mikoto, Asura mother Arete, Izana( nobody really cares about him), Garon maybe and Sumeragi. #4 We need Tiki in this game not enough manaketes. I believe that is all for now.

#1. M!AvatarxTharja is not canon due to player decisionmaking (it may be canon to YOU but not to other people -- and not every player plays as male Avatar and the game makes it rather clear that Smash Bros. Robin is not the same Robin whom Selena, Odin, and Laslow know).

Everything I want has pretty much already been said. So to give my most desired inclusion: Roy.

This is slightly off topic, but I really wish the children had been dlc and we got a better story with fewer, yet better developed side quests.

Also, I want Roy.

I just want F!Grandmaster class, Jake, Ema, Shade, Yuzu, Good!Anankos and Lilith as playable characters. And maybe some other Female exclusive classes, since we have too many that are Male exclusive. And the Cipher DLC to come to North America. And Myrmidon class to become available (I was really hoping one of the Hidden Truths DLC would allow me to reclass my units into some of the Awakening classes. The models are already there, why not make them available? I don't even care if they are different from the regular classes like Cipher!Minerva's Pegasus Knight or not.)

Would like more space in the Unit Logbook -- the current max of 99 units is honestly not enough (69 different story characters not counting both genders of avatar and Kana, 13 capturable boss characters, 4 amiibo characters -- that's 86 characters/Logbook entries right there before getting additional prisoner units, bond units, castle units, or Einherjar of (insert character here) with a gimmicky/silly build!).

#1. M!AvatarxTharja is not canon due to player decisionmaking (it may be canon to YOU but not to other people -- and not every player plays as male Avatar and the game makes it rather clear that Smash Bros. Robin is not the same Robin whom Selena, Odin, and Laslow know).

Well Nintendo does throw a lot of hints about these pairings like SumiaXChrom but, i see your point. Still i would want to see Morgan and Noire again.

Edited by Nero Sinclair

The second would never happen, because the platonic S rankings are just dialogue changes from NOA. So, if IS made a DLC like that, NOA would just change their dialogue again.

Well Nintendo does throw a lot of hints about these pairings like SumiaXChrom but, i see your point. Still i would want to see Morgan and Noire again.

Fates at times actually seems to tease that Inigo might be Chrom's son. There's a reference to his fear of bugs (which only happened in Lucina's sibling support) and if you give him the Ylisse Fire Emblem copy he actually thinks that you're trying to get him to use the real one, and he says that he can't do it in a kind of sad way. Of course, there's no canon father, but I was surprised they even made references to that possibility considering how hard Awakening originally pushed Chrom/Sumia.

Edited by NeonZ

A free DLC that reworks the character epilogues to more like Awakening's epilogues. In other words, each couple has a unique ending that no other couple has.

^this. One thing that I really disliked were the epilogues in this game.

^this. One thing that I really disliked were the epilogues in this game.

The Epilogues that talk about characters post-game (end results) change on a relatively moderate scale depending on who married who and what path is taken. Those who can marry the same partner on BR/CQ and RV retain the same ending with the only exception being M! Kamui x Azura which changes on each path.

The Epilogues that talk about characters post-game (end results) change on a relatively moderate scale depending on who married who and what path is taken. Those who can marry the same partner on BR/CQ and RV retain the same ending with the only exception being M! Kamui x Azura which changes on each path.

You forgot F! Kamui husband have Unique ending on Revelation path.

You forgot F! Kamui husband have Unique ending on Revelation path.

True. Though in any case, the ending for each character changes by the path chosen and the character who married who (if at all). Shared characters who you get regardless who marry someone from Nohr or Hoshido get the same ending in Revelations. Same goes for children of the shared characters marrying children of those from either kingdom in Revelations (or marrying Kamui). I'm not going to try to list all the endings that change/don't change since there are too many.

Edited by Emblem Blade

True. Though in any case, the ending for each character changes by the path chosen and the character who married who (if at all). Shared characters who you get regardless who marry someone from Nohr or Hoshido get the same ending in Revelations. Same goes for children of the shared characters marrying children of those from either kingdom in Revelations (or marrying Kamui). I'm not going to try to list all the endings that change/don't change since there are too many.

Well the endings are almost the same to anyone which is really disappoinment if we compare with awakening endings thats i call true ending for each couple. But In this game is more focus on F!Corrin.Also Azura true ending is treated like Robin ending In awakening.

Edited by Sieghart

The relative difference between the endings for characters in Awakening and Fates is small though. If you were to take the endings of the characters in Revelations and have characters who can have multiple endings if they were married to the same person to only have one ending not 2+ unique endings, then the different endings for characters in Awakening and Fates for both single and married characters becomes really small to where you could think those changes don't exist. Seeing how Awakening and Fates used the same game engine and designs (minus Fates showing feet), the endings in both games for singles and married couples...I can't even see the difference in endings even after playing both games 15+ times.

It doesn't though. Every character in Fates has a solo ending and then a married ending, which are always the same doesn't matter the route. The Avatar has a different ending for Revelations. Female characters from Nohr, or the few Revelations ones that can marry Owain and Inigo, get an ending variation for that. Although, oddly, the female avatar doesn't. Tharja and Niles have special epilogues for their homosexual ending with the avatar. Male characters have a special epilogue marrying the female avatar in Revelations. That's it.

Compare to Awakening where every pairing had its own exclusive epilogue for the female character, although the male part didn't change - aside from a couple of exceptions where the entire ending blurb was rewritten. The only issue was the Avatar's ending, which completely eliminated his partner's side of the epilogue. The problem with Fates' ending don't come only on replays either. Due to the Fates endings needing to be generic, well, they are generic and don't feel specific enough for the pairing or their support conversations, since they can't use anything specific about their husband's or their ending. It also leads to some odd combinations, like for example, Xander/Severa, results in him leaving Nohr behind alongside the Awakening trio which seems completely out of character.

Edited by NeonZ