Ethlin got no growths on her first level up...

ElectricGuy404

She has a 16,5% chance to gain no stats upon a level-up, with her highest growth being HP (at 40).

To cite a comparison, Paladin Jagen in Shadow Dragon has a 14,8% chance of an empty level-up.

Her HP growth's actually 60%, so it's not that unlikely. I'm too lazy to do the math but it's more like ~7.5% since her holy blood also boosts strength, skill and luck.

Someone like Fury or Sylvia however...

In the first generation, if you don't have major Holy Blood, you don't have good growths (with a few exceptions)

Edited by General Horace

Her HP growth's actually 60%, so it's not that unlikely. I'm too lazy to do the math but it's more like ~7.5% since her holy blood also boosts strength, skill and luck.

Someone like Fury or Sylvia however...

In the first generation, if you don't have major Holy Blood, you don't have good growths (with a few exceptions)

Do the growths we have on-site not take holy blood into account then?

Honestly, i think that the "holy blood included" chart should be the default, precisely to avoid this sort of confusion. The only use of "holy blood not included" is to run growth calculations, and the child section has the growths already calculated.

Although her growths really shouldn't be that bad. They are pretty much on the level of the other Cavaliers. Maybe it just leaves that impression because her class has such low bases. On the bright side, this also means that she gets a huge promotion bonus because she promotes into a class with proper base stats,

Edited by BrightBow

Also a thing- the arena in FE4 has a limited amount of RNs that it keeps, so if you fight a bunch of battles in the arena with the same person consecutively without exiting the screen and coming back, you'll get blank levels. Probably not the case with Ethlin but yeah.

Also a thing- the arena in FE4 has a limited amount of RNs that it keeps, so if you fight a bunch of battles in the arena with the same person consecutively without exiting the screen and coming back, you'll get blank levels. Probably not the case with Ethlin but yeah.

Nah I am sure this dude's case in not that, because I'm not sure if you can get Ethlyn to fight more than the first enemy in Chapter 1 Arena (at least the one that you get in the starting castle), plus that problem can be avoided by exiting and saving as soon as you're close to a level up.

Yeah with Ethlin you are either blessed with rng or screwed.... In one of my playthroughs she was AMAZING and got like 4-5 stats every time she leveled up. And then on another she got... nothing really.

Azel's skill on the other hand

55aUnrx.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nah I am sure this dude's case in not that, because I'm not sure if you can get Ethlyn to fight more than the first enemy in Chapter 1 Arena (at least the one that you get in the starting castle), plus that problem can be avoided by exiting and saving as soon as you're close to a level up.

That and if her first level up was in the prologue, there's no arena in the prologue.

I agree with Crushie though, because my Ethlin is always great. Sometimes it's Cuan my RNG screws over badly.
If you're having consistent trouble with level ups, you can always save state before a level up in case. If it turns out the level up sucked, just load state and have another unit move first and do something that will change the RNG.