Potential confirmation of no dual-audio

jabberish

What do you want me to do to prove it wasn't Photoshopped?

You should honestly just accept that some people aren't going to believe it's real, until Nintendo comes and officially makes an announcement about this. I personally don't doubt that it's a real email, but as it hasn't been announced by them themselves, I still hold doubt as to whether they're actually doing it. Edited by TheFantasm

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know weather or not I would like its exclusion.

On one hand, I never really used it in Awakening (Or really any game that has the option), but on another hand, most of the voices that the characters are have to me are lack luster and poor compared to FEA and since I like all the original voices for all the characters, I would like to have the option in case you know, 'WEEVE GUT TRABLE' with some of the other voices.

I mean, people are always going to be skeptical and I don't blame them for being skeptical - back when the whole skinship situation happened, there was a slur of emails that people got back from Nintendo that either said they didn't know anything about whether it was in, or they stated that it wasn't. During that time, it's hard to tell who was telling the truth because it sounded like some people knew and some people didn't. Obviously we know the truth now thanks to the IGN podcast.

So in this case, the email could very well be legitimate, but who's to say this isn't another case of he said/she said? There's only so much you can prove based on the email that you provided, but people will inevitably still be suspicious.

Why would wish for such a thing?

"Because some men... just want to watch the world burn."

Returning to seriousness, I am hoping this is just a hoax because the levels of salt concerning the localization are already just unreal. I got rather attached to the Japanese voices personally, (but I am NOT saying that from what I have heard so far, the entire English dub is subpar!), and I was hoping to play the games in both languages, just for the fun of it, as I did in Awakening. It was a very interesting way to make the game "new" by listening to a cast I wasn't familiar with after playing the game through the dub, and I was hoping the feature would stay.

Still, I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. Until Nintendo tells us it's out, I'm not going to believe it. Just for my own sake, if nothing else.

Eh I never used it in Awakening, and I doubt I'll use it here if it exists.

I'm almost certain it's a hoax tho, because US Fates is larger file wise than Japanese Fates.

Normally I'd wish it was out, so I could watch the world burn, but I got enough of that with the Skinship removal reveal

I'm actually quite interested in seeing if it would affect people's decision to buy the game.

I actually said I wouldn't buy the game if there wasn't dual audio at first due to hating the voices and finding them terrible. but then I listened to them again and realized that I had unconsciously been comparing the voices. so long as I don't compare them I'll be able to play the game no problem will I be upset about not having a feature I have always used in awakening? yes.

Edited by goldenlance7

I actually prefer not having dual audio, but that's just because I get offended when people criticise Xenoblade's British voices and they should be forced to listen to them.

Otherwise, I don't have many other thoughts. Just vendettas I guess.

+ I doubt it's gone,

Nintendo as of late has been pretty good about keeping the jpn audio in their games

with the exeption of xenoblade x (we probably would have gotten it if the Wii U used blu-ray)(I also think xenoblade x has a really crappy dub)

Edited by Captain Karnage

The file size is larger than the original jpn version, but Awakening was smaller than it's japanese counterpart, and it had dual audio and both regions cutscenes

I'm rooting for dual audio

there is way too much madness going around

I really hope we get dual audio, if not chapter 26 isn't going to sound alright

those floorboards in Nintendo's treehouse are rotting

+ I doubt it's gone,

Nintendo as of late has been pretty good about keeping the jpn audio in their games

with the exeption of xenoblade x (we probably would have gotten it if the Wii U used blu-ray)(I also think xenoblade x has a really crappy dub)

Wii U uses a similar disc to Blu-Ray. It holds the same amount of GB single and dual layered. XCX was either licensing issues or NoA being lazy as always. XC 3DS was due to cartridge space.

Wii U uses a similar disc to Blu-Ray. It holds the same amount of GB single and dual layered. XCX was either licensing issues or NoA being lazy as always. XC 3DS was due to cartridge space.

a bluray holds way more data as a Wii U disk

bluray

1 layer 25gb

2 layer 50gb

3 layer or BDXL 100gb-128gb

Wii U

25gb

not to mention we have no idea how much actual free space the Wii U's disk actually has

(I also think xenoblade x has a really crappy dub)

You wot mate?

XCX's dub is top-notch.

You should honestly just accept that some people aren't going to believe it's real, until Nintendo comes and officially makes an announcement about this. I personally don't doubt that it's a real email, but as it hasn't been announced by them themselves, I still hold doubt as to whether they're actually doing it.

I mean, people are always going to be skeptical and I don't blame them for being skeptical - back when the whole skinship situation happened, there was a slur of emails that people got back from Nintendo that either said they didn't know anything about whether it was in, or they stated that it wasn't. During that time, it's hard to tell who was telling the truth because it sounded like some people knew and some people didn't. Obviously we know the truth now thanks to the IGN podcast.

So in this case, the email could very well be legitimate, but who's to say this isn't another case of he said/she said? There's only so much you can prove based on the email that you provided, but people will inevitably still be suspicious.

I'm almost certain it's a hoax tho, because US Fates is larger file wise than Japanese Fates.

Normally I'd wish it was out, so I could watch the world burn, but I got enough of that with the Skinship removal reveal

That's a shame. I hate knowing something is true and not being believed just because someone else cried wolf.

And it's not a hoax; I promise you. I just wish there was something I could do to prove it.

The feeling's mutual. I do feel sorry for the people who wanted to play with the Japanese voice actors.

As a fan of Atlus games, the lack of dual audio never bothered me.

I just wish there was something I could do to prove it.

At this point, people have every reason to be skeptical of you. Until we get some sort of inclination on whether dual audio exists, you'll just have to deal with that.

That's a shame. I hate knowing something is true and not being believed just because someone else cried wolf.

And it's not a hoax; I promise you. I just wish there was something I could do to prove it.

Oh no, I'm not doubting you (since I don't think dual audio is that big of a deal imo) but I was referring to the he said/she situation with the people at Nintendo who are responding to the emails because that's exactly what happened during the skinship situation where two groups of people were saying different things.

You just have to understand that there are people who prefer to hear the truth/news from a more public stand point.