Potential confirmation of no dual-audio

jabberish

Regardless of WHY we don't have JPN voices, we don't. And it disappoints me. Still gonna buy the game because I've waited a damn year for it and I'm going to enjoy myself, but...

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could've at least been transparent about it all like companies such as XSEED where they TELL their fans what they can and can not do and why exactly they can't do it. This is why I was able to deal with the localization of titles like RF4. Nintendo hasn't, plus not only that, their policy with amiibo and making the NN3DS a limited release all got me relatively annoyed. And then there's Xenoblade, yeah there may not have been space on the Wii U disc or 3DS cart for Dual Audio, but they could've included it as a download for either a small fee or for free like I recently heard one of IFI, XSEED, or NISA did recently. There's only so much a fan can put up with until they get annoyed at policy from a large company when much much smaller ones do what they can.

Because X-seed has a very niche audience for their games, consisting heavily of weeaboos.

FE is more mainstream now than anything X-seed has published, and the overwhelming majority of people don't care about the whole subbing/dubbing debate.

I could say more, but it's painfully obvious I'm in this subforum's weeb-central, so I'll just be quiet and end this before walls of text are exchanged.

They could've at least been transparent about it all like companies such as XSEED where they TELL their fans what they can and can not do and why exactly they can't do it. This is why I was able to deal with the localization of titles like RF4. Nintendo hasn't, plus not only that, their policy with amiibo and making the NN3DS a limited release all got me relatively annoyed. And then there's Xenoblade, yeah there may not have been space on the Wii U disc or 3DS cart for Dual Audio, but they could've included it as a download for either a small fee or for free like I recently heard one of IFI, XSEED, or NISA did recently. There's only so much a fan can put up with until they get annoyed at policy from a large company when much much smaller ones do what they can.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still getting the game, all of it's DLC, all of Smash's DLC, XenoX, etc. It's just once I'm done with everything on my list that's it for NoA from me.

Yes, I'm just going to import a new Japanese copy. I still want to support Intelligent Systems and the game they made. Fates still looks incredible. I'm just very disappointed with the localization, and that's not Intelligent Systems fault - they made what looks like a fantastic game, NoA and Treehouse just ruined the English release. At least, for me they did.

If people buy and enjoy the English release, that's great, but I'd enjoy it more if I got the Japanese version and just use the fan translation.

Edited by XaosLogos

I don't doubt people's dedication to buy the game no matter what and I don't expect anything else, but I'm not going to understand anyone who calls this a good localization regardless of what your opinion is on what they did with the skinship.

Edited by Tryhard

I don't doubt people's dedication to buy the game no matter what and I don't expect anything else, but I'm not going to understand anyone who calls this a good localization regardless of what your opinion is on what they did with the skinship.

For the most part, it's a pretty good localization.

We haven't seen changes on the scale of what happened with Awakening, most of the voice acting is fine, and the name changes make sense/have consistent logic to them (and really, every single FE has had a lot of name changes). The line re-writes we have seen generally enrich things (the Decision scene is more tense for instance, what with the families butting heads with eachother), and there appears to be an effort to grey Hoshido (something I'm looking forward to seeing).

Edited by The DanMan

so in that polygon livesteam it showed that we still get the live2d models and thay're fully voiced

I can see now why whe don't have it

I'm just going to pray to Naga that the last theme in the game isn't dubbed

so in that polygon livesteam it showed that we still get the live2d models and thay're fully voiced

I can see now why whe don't have it

I'm just going to pray to Naga that the last theme in the game isn't dubbed

The DLC trailer had the Nohr final map theme playing.

It was dubbed.

Because X-seed has a very niche audience for their games, consisting heavily of weeaboos.

FE is more mainstream now than anything X-seed has published, and the overwhelming majority of people don't care about the whole subbing/dubbing debate.

I could say more, but it's painfully obvious I'm in this subforum's weeb-central, so I'll just be quiet and end this before walls of text are exchanged.

And here comes the name-calling. Just because I like niche titles doesn't mean I'm like a majority of the cancer known as "weaboos". I still like FE, I'm still going to get the NA version and have a shitton of fun with it (albeit w/o audio). And the english VAs by far are okay to me, but still rub off me in the wrong way compared to Awakening's dub. Obviously though you don't seem to want to have a reasonable conversation if this is what you resort to.

And here comes the name-calling. Just because I like niche titles doesn't mean I'm like a majority of the cancer known as "weaboos". I still like FE, I'm still going to get the NA version and have a shitton of fun with it (albeit w/o audio). And the english VAs by far are okay to me, but still rub off me in the wrong way compared to Awakening's dub. Obviously though you don't seem to want to have a reasonable conversation if this is what you resort to.

Things just seem to be unnecessarily confrontational know, I made things too tense, and we both need to chill out.

As somebody who personally prefers dubs but has gotten several games that are sub only, I can't see how the lack of a Japanese dub is a dealbreaker for some people.

I should've said that in my initial post, but I was starting to get frustrated and decided to play passive-aggressive. I'm sorry for that.

Didn't know that if you preferred Japanese audio over English, that automatically makes you a weeb. Huh, you learn something new every day.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it.

What I'm questioning is how it can be such a dealbreaker for some people, considering there are plenty who prefer English dubs (me included) who have bought games that are sub only.

It's an unusual dichotomy.

Things just seem to be unnecessarily confrontational know, I made things too tense, and we both need to chill out.

As somebody who personally prefers dubs but has gotten several games that are sub only, I can't see how the lack of a Japanese dub is a dealbreaker for some people.

I should've said that in my initial post, but I was starting to get frustrated and decided to play passive-aggressive. I'm sorry for that.

Thanks for the honesty. And yeah, on the counterspectrum I'm of the opposite, but I acknowledge a great dub when it's there, I've just been getting irritated with how Nintendo's been choosing to handle things in recent years with all their policies regarding both localization as well as business like Amiibo and not releasing the regular version of the New 3DS outside of limited releases. (It was because of this I was forced into an XL when my OG 3DS broke, yet I wanted the regular because of the faceplate customization and the fact it helps with DS protection.)

Edited by Kanethedragon

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it.

What I'm questioning is how it can be such a dealbreaker for some people, considering there are plenty who prefer English dubs (me included) who have bought games that are sub only.

It's an unusual dichotomy.

It's not a dealbreaker at all for me personally, I'm just a bit disappointed that the option wasn't there. I don't hate dubs at all, nor do I think that subs are inherently superior, I just feel like Japanese VAs convey more emotion and put more effort in. Just my opinion. Edited by TheFantasm

For the most part, it's a pretty good localization.

We haven't seen changes on the scale of what happened with Awakening, most of the voice acting is fine, and the name changes make sense/have consistent logic to them (and really, every single FE has had a lot of name changes). The line re-writes we have seen generally enrich things (the Decision scene is more tense for instance, what with the families butting heads with eachother), and there appears to be an effort to grey Hoshido (something I'm looking forward to seeing).

Personal, but heavily disagree to both.

I haven't seen enough of the script (or the original Japanese for that matter) to judge characters. It's still not what I would call 'good' overall.

I could have been fine without Skinship, but no dual audio? Augh, even if it's not NoA's fault, it's definitely a deal-breaker for me. Glad I can stick with the Japanese one...

Didn't know that if you preferred Japanese audio over English, that automatically makes you a weeb. Huh, you learn something new every day.

It's a sad correlation honestly, but its commonly associated.

I dislike the term being thrown about, but it seems like thats calming down. I can understand deal breakers via dual audio I suppose? But I myself like both subs and dubs, but I usually prefer something in the language I understand.

Its unfortunate that licencing issues have caused this, but I don't think it breaks anything for me, I mean I was disappointed that Project X Zone didn't have English options for voices, but I lived.

I guess different things for different folks, but yeah.

At least they kept in the Live2d Models and voiced dialogue of skinship.

So no dual audio is real disappointing, but they kept the essence of the skinship in, even if they removed the touching.

So it's worse than expected on one front, and it's not so bad on the other.

I have mixed feelings.

whenever polygon publishes their livestream on yt I'll be sure to link to the timestamp that shows what they replaced skinship with

and yes, It's fully voiced

at this point I'm begining to doubt it's licensing issues but rather space constraints for the SE

whenever polygon publishes their livestream on yt I'll be sure to link to the timestamp that shows what they replaced skinship with

and yes, It's fully voiced

at this point I'm begining to doubt it's licensing issues but rather space constraints for the SE

How could it not be licensing issues? I'm not trying to stir things up here; just genuinely confused.

Yeah, this. I would have loved to pet as a joke though, but I couldn't care less if it's gone since they're keeping the major assets. Though not having Dual audio, as stated is a major disappointment for me (I WANTED MIYANO GODDAMIT), but also as stated I still love FE and won't be canceling my order just because of this. All it is is simply another check onto the list of things Nintendo of America has been doing to irk me in recent years. In a sense, to me it's a deal-breaker, but not for my order of the game, just simply for the company here in the States (Ninty Eu and Japan are totally cool with me. This isn't even the first time where I've seen a foreign branch of the company be good to their fans yet America's branch treats us like crap though.)

I'd just like to mention here that it was NOE who made the alterations to Fatal Frame; NOA just didn't want to take anything out of the bank to change it back.

It's what happened with the Xenoblade localization: they both kept waiting for the other to cave because they expected to lose money localizing.

Edited by The DanMan

At least they kept in the Live2d Models and voiced dialogue of skinship.

So no dual audio is real disappointing, but they kept the essence of the skinship in, even if they removed the touching.

So it's worse than expected on one front, and it's not so bad on the other.

I have mixed feelings.

Yeah, this. I would have loved to pet as a joke though, but I couldn't care less if it's gone since they're keeping the major assets. Though not having Dual audio, as stated is a major disappointment for me (I WANTED MIYANO GODDAMIT), but also as stated I still love FE and won't be canceling my order just because of this. All it is is simply another check onto the list of things Nintendo of America has been doing to irk me in recent years. In a sense, to me it's a deal-breaker, but not for my order of the game, just simply for the company here in the States (Ninty Eu and Japan are totally cool with me. This isn't even the first time where I've seen a foreign branch of the company be good to their fans yet America's branch treats us like crap though.)

Anyone know the people working on the fan translation/modding community we could ask about how hard it is to swap the audio files out? Seems like that would be the simplest solution really.

Hi, I'm one of the more inactive members of that team.

So we're going from English patch to undubbing. Prepare the Cease and Desist orders... we're going to even more sketchy legality territory.

The difficulty isn't the problem. It's that.

Edited by shadowofchaos

In Awakening it was available from the beginning. These things happen for unknown (confirmed) reasons during localization, and I must say it is a shame. I do hope nothing ridiculous happens during a dramatic moment in terms of wavering voice acting. xD