Special Edition Woes (Best Buy)

Leif

So I ordered my SE on November 12th, 2015. It's now almost February my order receipt still says that the order release date is 12/31/16. I called and spoke to a customer service rep and relayed my concern, but they said that my order still would "release" on 12/31/16. What the heck?

Not sure if this warrants its own topic; I was just wondering if there were others who pre-ordered from Best Buy and are experiencing this same, "weirdness" (for lack of a better word).

That's odd. I don't get how their system could be that behind on the fact that the game comes out February 19, 2016. I would go into a Best Buy store and speak to someone there to see if you can get information from them. I know there are times where their systems don't update until immediately, but it's still weird.

Amazon once listed a pre-order of mine to be delivered two years after the game released...

Edited by KazeNinja17

It's a placeholder date. I don't know why they didn't update it but it will probably be on shelves the same day as everywhere else.

Hope so, I just talked to a sales rep in the games department and they didn't know why it's displayed with a placeholder date.

I'll just keep waiting and see if it updates closer to release date.

No one else ordered from Best Buy? >_>

Hope so, I just talked to a sales rep in the games department and they didn't know why it's displayed with a placeholder date.

I pre-ordered through Amazon. I didn't even know that Best Buy had the special edition for pre-order.

I did. Naturally, my email still says 12/31. I've been planning to call in to see if it would arrive on or after release date(as I have it set to be shipped), so I guess I'll inquire about this too.

I did too and I just checked the website and yeeeppp... it's still 12/31/16 for me too. Because I did ship to store for mine it's still in the processing stage. I would go to my store and ask but it's like 25 minutes away (although all major chains are) and I can't drive. My Best Buy is kinda lame though so I don't expect it to be too helpful. Like, I couldn't even pre-order Hyrule Warriors in store. The process of trying to was an absolute nightmare.

I have a preorder on Best Buy as well. Sometimes sites can be really slow at updating release dates. I believe Project X Zone 2 still has a "we'll update when we have a delivery update" on my preorder for Amazon and Bravely Second still has a placeholder there as well. I'm honestly more concerned by the fact my bank is sending everyone new debit cards because of the new chip thing in February and it's kind of a hassle to update payment info on Best Buy.

Edited by angienessyo

Really? I never had that problem. It was ordered on the announcement date from Best Buy. The receipt said the 19th of February. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm in Canada, so I had to order it a week or two after the Nintendo announcement, so they may have fixed that before my copy was ordered.

Well, it's somewhat comforting to see that my fellow "Best Buyers" are in the same boat. I'm glad that I am not the only one noticing this problem.

I will check closer to release date and see if the order receipt updates.

Really? I never had that problem. It was ordered on the announcement date from Best Buy. The receipt said the 19th of February. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm in Canada, so I had to order it a week or two after the Nintendo announcement, so they may have fixed that before my copy was ordered.

Perhaps Canadian Best Buys are more on top of their game? That's the only logical explanation I can think of right now.

Ok so after painfully going through asking on their customer service forums I got a hold of a best buy representatives and the explanation they gave me is if you preordered at the time that the placeholder date (12/31/16) was in thats what appears on your receipt as thats what was in the system at the time of you purchasing the game. It has since been updated in their systems and you'll still get your order on the normal release date 2/19/16

Ok so after painfully going through asking on their customer service forums I got a hold of a best buy representatives and the explanation they gave me is if you preordered at the time that the placeholder date (12/31/16) was in thats what appears on your receipt as thats what was in the system at the time of you purchasing the game. It has since been updated in their systems and you'll still get your order on the normal release date 2/19/16

That's good to know. Thanks for your efforts. We appreciate them.

Man, thanks a million. That makes sense in all honesty.

I finally don't have to worry about buying birthright or conquest.

Mine says 2/19/16

However

My BB lets me pick up preorders one day early. Call and check with yours to see if your shipment is due on time