Straight from Sakurai's mouth: Kamui available Feb 4th.

shadowofchaos

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical Miyamoto...

But now I'm thinking that Rosalina was the mom, not the little girl. Look at that picture, the mom looks exactly like Rosalina.

The storybook in Super Mario Galaxy is MOST DEFINITELY the story of Rosalina and she is indeed the girl in the story. Yoshiaki Koizumi, who directed Super Mario Galaxy and wrote the entire storybook himself, confirmed it as such. The events in the storybook are all about Rosalina going into space and creating, along with the Lumas, what eventually becomes the Comet Observatory.

The storybook in Super Mario Galaxy is MOST DEFINITELY the story of Rosalina and she is indeed the girl in the story. Yoshiaki Koizumi, who directed Super Mario Galaxy and wrote the entire storybook himself, confirmed it as such. The events in the storybook are all about Rosalina going into space and creating, along with the Lumas, what eventually becomes the Comet Observatory.

I never thought the little girl looked like Rosalina though. Hair was a different color and somewhat different style. The mom looked more like Rosalina to me. So this is very weird, imo.

*this actually really angers me seeing people call Corrin Kamui especially because you know they don't call Robin Reflet

Thank you for assuming. I speak Japanese and call them "Rufure".

Please don't get me into a rant of how meaning was removed when they changed it to "Corrin".

Edited by shadowofchaos

Thank you for assuming. I speak Japanese and call them "Rufure".

Please don't get me into a rant of how meaning was removed when they changed it to "Corrin".

Meaning wasn't removed, but changed; it went from reflecting a part of their heritage to the choice they had to make.

Meaning wasn't removed, but changed; it went from reflecting a part of their heritage to the choice they had to make.

Can you prove this? Because research tells me that Corrin is a male name that simply means "spear-bearer," not something related to a choice. I think the name is fine though, meanings never really mattered to me all that much.

Edited by Anacybele

Can you prove this? Because research tells me that Corrin is a male name that simply means "spear-bearer," not something related to a choice. I think the name is fine though, meanings never really mattered to me all that much.

Corrin is a form of "Quirinus", another name for Janus, the Roman deity of doors and choices.

I personally prefer the meaning behind that much more than "minor Japanese deity"/Kamui.

The Roman god of choices, yes? Let me explain myself:

1. Regarding the assumption by the other user was what ticked me off.

2. As for the meaning fitting in context, it's kind of "meh", as the character is advertised to fit in with a Japanese inspired country regardless of spoilers.

Awakening's changes generally didn't bother me. The changes in If do, because it's "Japan" dubbing changes.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The Roman god of choices, yes? Let me explain myself:

1. Regarding the assumption by the other user was what ticked me off.

2. As for the meaning fitting in context, it's kind of "meh", as the character is advertised to fit in with a Japanese inspired country regardless of spoilers.

Awakening's changes generally didn't bother me. The changes in If do, because it's "Japan" dubbing changes.

It's all well and good, no offense was meant; I just seem to be the only person around here who actively tries to find reasoning/justification behind localization changes.

I used to prefer Kamui, but it's a "whatever" issue now.

Edited by The DanMan

It's all well and good, no offense was meant; I just seem to be the only person around here who actively tries to find reasoning/justification behind localization changes.

I meant no offense as well to you. If I did so, I apologize. I was just triggered by a little passive aggressiveness in the strikethroughs. If anything, I am free to call them Kamui more than anyone else in this forum. I call Hoshido Byakuya, etc. (Directed towards that other user)

Also, there is a tumblr blog that explains both the JP and localized names origins.

Anyways, Kamui seems to have a bigger learning curve than Bayo, or at least that's the impression I get.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Corrin is a form of "Quirinus", another name for Janus, the Roman deity of doors and choices.

I personally prefer the meaning behind that much more than "minor Japanese deity"/Kamui.

Oh, okay, I see now. I wouldn't have ever guessed this, as I'm not big on mythology. :P

Hnnnnnn, now the hype become even more unbearable to me. X-(

I said it before, I said it again, Bayonetta of whatever look so much like a Samus-a-like, she is going to be a pain in the ass to fight.

Also, Corn is good name I guess, but I prefer to use Kamui out of habit, and because I'm a purist, visibly not enough to call Robin Reflet/Rufure though. Strangely enough, I never called Robin Daraen, the french name. It just... doesn't feel right.

See what I did ? I did a joke with Corrin's name that was already used multiple time !