What are you looking forward to about Fates/Let's talk positives

MCProductions

-The gameplay looks really interesting. I'm really excited for Nohr Lunatic. Always up for a good challenge.

-I've been asking for female berserkers and male pegasi for so many years--about as long as I am in this fandom. I finally get them. I'm gonna reclass as many girls to Berserker as I can for a run just for fun.

-I was watching a vid of Rinka's supports and I got distracted by her deltoids. I will continue to be distracted by her glorious muscles in the future too.

-Oni is exciting

-R y o u m a like okay if you've been around long enough you know that in my youth i was quite into Seth and then I got over that and I thought I was over that entire deal and this shitty lobster comes in and just, kicks Seth off his throne, dusts it off, and plops his ass on it and isn't going anywhere.

I thought I was strong, it wouldn't happen again, nope, lobster 1 me 0

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I'm probably most excited for the My Castle part of the game. It looks like you can do a lot of fun things with it, and it'll be nice for when you want to take a break from the main game!

Other than that, I'm pretty excited for all of the new classes/skills/maps/weapons, gay marriage, the music (Awakening's was pretty good, so I have high hopes for Fate's music), and all of the new/returning characters!

I think I am too excited for this game

• SPECIAL EDITION yeah I was one of the lucky ones gonna enjoy my free bag and pretty art book and three routes on a card
  • My Castle, can't wait to walk around and collect supplies and interact with my troops and build things
  • Streetpass because it seems more interactive than Awakening's
  • ONLINE BATTLES I've always wanted to utterly destroy my friends' troops
  • Music, I can't wait to listen to the amazing soundtrack in-game
  • Gameplay itself, especially the pair-up revision, new skills, and unlimited weapon usage
  • The characters they're all attractive

After a year of hyping over this game I am STOKED to finally play it (demo soon maybe??)

I've had the bgm downloaded on my phone for awhile, and I must say the music for this game is fantastic. I also have lots of excitement about all of the replay value that Fates is offering. I played Awakening over and over, and that was just a one route game! I just feel like there's going to be so much to do, and that's awesome.

The gameplay (Including everything from My Castle etc...)

The laughable story

Watching all the US players beat the shit out of me with their OP units while I am here with my measly Corrin on release

The characters

WEEVE GAT TRABLE!!!!

BangingNiles

and most importantly

THE FANFICTION

>:3

Edited by Azz

I also LOVE how much better the cinematics look than Awakening's. They're a lot.. softer? It really fits. I also like Fates' art style overall. Its a lot more memorable. I mean, its virtually the same, but has its own uniqueness.

The art style may be more or less the same, but the art direction is notably different, and I'd say pretty strong. I definitely like it, at least.

As for what I personally am looking forward to...

• Three games' worth of new Fire Emblem content
  • Trying out all the cool new classes they've introduced, especially the modified Ballistician and the newly-playable Witch
  • Still on the note of classes, I'm also looking forward to the removal of the gender locks on Fighter, Pegasus Knight (Sky Knight), and Troubadour (Rod Knight).

(Fun bit of trivia; "Troubadour" is actually the masculine form of that word. The feminine form is "Trobairitz")

• Using Capture to recruit a Lancer legitimately instead of save editing myself a Soldier like I did with Awakening
  • Having a hopefully more-balanced Avatar-type character
  • Bending over backwards to spare every recruitable character from the opposite route who you fight but aren't actually forced to kill in order to proceed
  • Trying out new mechanics like Area of Effect attacks
  • My Castle. Just, in general. Especially Bond Units. I hope the Western version fixes the glitch that prevents them from returning to their base class if it wasn't in either of their "parents'" class sets
  • Internet functionality for multiplayer features

Pretty much anything, also thanks for this post.

-Skinship. I'm getting the Japanese version (had to wait until now, don't ask) this week. I loooove love love it <3

-The new classes. I'm class hunting right now to see which ones are right to me!

-The new characters and the story writing. Heard it was much more better this time around, thank goodness.

-Three routes. I logged in at least 400 hours into awakening, which means....1200 this time....HEHEHEHE

-The new skillz

-Also people are forgetting that depending on who you MARRY the game could actually change like damn would you look at that

-Just generally how my choices actually affect the game

The soundtrack for the game is absolutely excellent. Battle themes, boss themes, story themes... It's really quite fantastic.

The battle animations are also very well done.

I've heard pretty great things about the map design.

The overall presentation of the game is really sharp.

There is a lot to look forward in this game, despite some unfortunate localization decisions, and I admit I've lost sight of that lately.

Everything. Just...everything about this game. I have sunk almost 3000 hours in Awakening, and I'm certain that I will sink more into Fates. Special mention goes to the online functions of the game, and the Amiibo (since I have all four FE Amiibo so far)

I'm looking forward to everything this game has to offer, particularly the multiplayer/My Castle function and the difficulty that is supposedly present in the Nohr route.

As much fun as I had with Awakening, I felt as if my strategic mind went dull while playing it due to the maps' rudimentary designs and the accessibility and availability of items and leveling. Even on Hard/Classic, there was not much of a challenge for me unlike when I played the earlier games like FE7. I mean, FE7 had the arena abuse but it was still a dangerous gamble and could backfire with the stupid auto save function.

Interested in the story. I know very little of the Japanese version, and knowing how localization is handling things, I am going in with the expectation of a lot of changes.

The new classes, and the fixes to the reclass system. It feels more balanced now, and that was my problem with Awakening is after a while it felt as if you need to grind, and it got boring.

The return of varying victory objectives. I loved them in the older games, and Awakening got boring with the constant route/kill boss levels.

The amount of replayability. I love the fact that this got split into three games, all being the size of Awakening, Awakening alone gave me about 4 playthroughs spanning a lot of hours each. This game is going to keep me entertained for years to come. This is the type of game I can pick up 20 years from now and play it again with no problem.

Varying level design. Awakening reused to much of its designs for other maps. Why is it that Ylisse's Castle interior looked exactly like Valm's Castle interior? Its level designs were so plain and boring that it made me dread the fights more than enjoy it because of too many open plains where my units would just scatter and kill. Fates looks like it brings back some good level design. Chapter 13 in Hoshido and Chapter 10 in Nohr look like they will be fun maps to play because they already look different.

Lastly, the difficulty. Awakening had a false difficulty that used enemy numbers and ridiculous stat increases to make it hard. Awakening didn't make you think to make it out of a difficult situation, it made you grind. That isn't difficulty to me. Difficulty has to make me think my way out of the situation, and come up with ways to overcome the obstacle ahead. This game sounds like it is a return to the older Fire Emblem's in this regard.

Edited by Tolvir

I'm so neglected :P:

Forgot that I'm also looking forward to utilizing my friend list again! Why bother playing with the people in my area, when I can play with cool people from around the world?

*Giggle*

This alone is why that it is worth the buy! :D

Edited by PuffPuff

I've heard that the characters a less defined by one trait (flanderized, if you will) in this one than awakening. I don't know if it's true, but I'm looking forward to it if they are. If not... someone crush my dreams before I get the game. XD

Not directly related to the game, but I'm looking forward to being able to add the Conquest and Birthright 3DS themes to my 3DS' theme rotation...That is if we get them. >_> Come on Nintendo you haven't given me a new theme that I liked in a while.

More topics like this.

...Maybe that's a weird thing to say, but, really. Once more people have the game, I'm hoping there will be more positive discussion going on around here, and once I've played the game, I won't have to avoid it for fear of spoilers. There's just been so much negativity in my life recently, and I'm hoping Fates will be something I can get excited about again.

There's nothing I'm not looking forward to in the game itself, really. If I had to name one, it would probably be the gameplay... while that's not normally the thing I find myself anticipating most in Fire Emblem, Awakening's map design is what ultimately kept me from enjoying going back to the game, and I'm hoping that won't be the case here. It sounds like the game has a lot of replay value.

-Running out to the store to buy a copy with a friend getting the other version.

-Finally deciding on a character to marry (because with incest out of the question for me, it's soooo hard).

-Messing around with the avatar customizer for 10 minutes only to not change much of what I had planned ahead of time.

-Unlimited weapons (yes!).

-A good story (like in most games I play).

I should also mention that I'm looking forward to spending hours grinding My Castle Spotpass battles for Supports on Conquest... Oh boy I am. Man, I hope I can find those "Training" My Castles people are talking about...

I'm looking for the Holy Lancer class (or whatever is called now if they changed the name)! I like the design and I want to have my Kamui as a lancer for a bit and of course using Oboro

Also, building My castle and walking around it, watching everyone spending their time in the locations or chatting in the garden

Marrying Soleil so I can get all the characters in my conquest playthrough without screwing up haha.

Owning people online with my after game Nohr team.

Being able to finally read the text.

Playing with English voices since Ive heard the Japanese ones for far too long.