Best Levels to Look Forward To (Preferably without spoilers)

dragonlordsd

Best is always subjective, but let me see....

My shortlisted nominees would be...

"All the DLC except Hidden Truths" - This isn't part of the main story so it's a bit eh. It also is a bit...different, I guess...

For Hoshido, it's kind of hard to nominate good maps...the best I can do is to nominate H10, H14 and H23. Maybe H24 and possibly H25 as well

For Nohr, my list are:

N10: I get the feeling everyone would nominate this, but what can I say

N12: It's difficult, but that doesn't stop it form being fun, as I would say. Also my list is more towards the "fun", so it may not necessarily be others definition of "good"

N22-Endgame: Debatable to certain extents (and probably the hardest gauntlet, and considering the "gauntlet" starts all the way back in N19 it's quite tough). Doesn't really stop it from being fun either.

(N19 and N20 aren't included since they seem a bit like just slogs...though to be honest they all are slogs, except that 25 to Endgame is less of a slog)

(FYI Endgame is after N27)

Revelations is similar to Hoshido in that it's kind of hard to nominate

R7: Debatable since the map is ..well not spoilers but it's quite early in the route so what can I say

R8: I guess it's ok...again the map is still kind of biased.

R11: It's tough yes, but it should still be balanced I guess

R12: The gimmick is kind of but also kind of not fun at the same time, so I'm not really sure what to say. It's tough but at the same time a bit unfairly tough as well.

R17: A fair bit of difficulty and I don't really find it that unfair, except for the slightly low amount of deployment slots, which I don't really find an overly big deal...though Revelations has a bit of a thing with deployment slots...

R22: Interesting gimmick, but the map is still a bit uh...lacking, I guess.

R24: I like the gimmick, but the map doesn't really have much and the gimmick is more or less beaten with 100% strategy and/or reading a guide, and without it the map is kind of boring. Even with it the map is still kind of boring.

R25: It's moderately tough, but not nearly as tough as I would have liked.

I'd like to mention R26-Endgame but the endgame chapters in this game (except probably Nohr Endgame, and even then) are a bit unsatisfying, as far as endgame chapters go. I mean, I guess I'm being silly, since when I compare to the other endgames of the other games, they weren't overly satisfying either.

That being said, on one hand, I feel like just saying that "X map is hard" is a spoiler...though it does seem like a minor spoiler or so really. On the other hand, I can't really explain why without much spoilers again...

Best is always subjective, but let me see....

My shortlisted nominees would be...

"All the DLC except Hidden Truths" - This isn't part of the main story so it's a bit eh. It also is a bit...different, I guess...

For Hoshido, it's kind of hard to nominate good maps...the best I can do is to nominate H10, H14 and H23. Maybe H24 and possibly H25 as well

For Nohr, my list are:

N10: I get the feeling everyone would nominate this, but what can I say

N12: It's difficult, but that doesn't stop it form being fun, as I would say. Also my list is more towards the "fun", so it may not necessarily be others definition of "good"

N22-Endgame: Debatable to certain extents (and probably the hardest gauntlet, and considering the "gauntlet" starts all the way back in N19 it's quite tough). Doesn't really stop it from being fun either.

(N19 and N20 aren't included since they seem a bit like just slogs...though to be honest they all are slogs, except that 25 to Endgame is less of a slog)

(FYI Endgame is after N27)

Revelations is similar to Hoshido in that it's kind of hard to nominate

R7: Debatable since the map is ..well not spoilers but it's quite early in the route so what can I say

R8: I guess it's ok...again the map is still kind of biased.

R11: It's tough yes, but it should still be balanced I guess

R12: The gimmick is kind of but also kind of not fun at the same time, so I'm not really sure what to say. It's tough but at the same time a bit unfairly tough as well.

R17: A fair bit of difficulty and I don't really find it that unfair, except for the slightly low amount of deployment slots, which I don't really find an overly big deal...though Revelations has a bit of a thing with deployment slots...

R22: Interesting gimmick, but the map is still a bit uh...lacking, I guess.

R24: I like the gimmick, but the map doesn't really have much and the gimmick is more or less beaten with 100% strategy and/or reading a guide, and without it the map is kind of boring. Even with it the map is still kind of boring.

R25: It's moderately tough, but not nearly as tough as I would have liked.

I'd like to mention R26-Endgame but the endgame chapters in this game (except probably Nohr Endgame, and even then) are a bit unsatisfying, as far as endgame chapters go. I mean, I guess I'm being silly, since when I compare to the other endgames of the other games, they weren't overly satisfying either.

That being said, on one hand, I feel like just saying that "X map is hard" is a spoiler...though it does seem like a minor spoiler or so really. On the other hand, I can't really explain why without much spoilers again...

Pretty neat list to look up, thanks!

Yeah, when I said "preferably without spoilers" I meant that I was ok with people spoiling some things, if they want to. Especially regarding gameplay. Like, it's ok to say that "you start with your forces split in half and you have to fight a specific person."

Alright then sure, let me elaborate a bit...

Take note that I'm assuming you play on Lunatic, for Nohr it might still be applicable on the lower difficulties

(Yeah I equate difficulty with fun)

DLC

DLC is split into three groups basically (aside from Hidden Truths)

Before Awakening: Quite tough, especially if you want to win without any NPCs dying (since they'll gleefully charge headfirst into enemies)

Boo Camp: Quite tough, but some people might dislike the difficulty

Beach Brawl: Basically everyone has joke weapons and you kind of fool around with them

Ghostly Gold: Not really sure what to say about this one, from what I've read and watched (I haven't really read up on this one too much though). Arguably the simplest and most straightforward of the DLC, that is to say, kind of boring. Assuming I'm right though

Museum Melee: Quite uh..interesting, so to speak. Trying to stop the enemies from making off with the treasure is fun I guess. Again, haven't really watched too much of this.

Royal Royale: Quite interesting indeed. It might be quite difficult though, and some of the matchups may be downright unfair.

Vanguard Dawn: Pretty interesting, except when players steamroll through it. "Nostalgic" for FE10 fans

Anna: Probably just a laugh map, but a laugh map all the same

Ballista: Ballista is one thing, but otherwise the map isn't actually that hard. I guess it's still ok

Witch: Basically about the same thing as the Ballista map

Hoshido

H10: Quite a confined space (to be honest, H7-9 are confined in their own ways as well, and having to deal with a ton of enemies in tight areas without walls is quite a thing. Still, it's not all that bad. Though it's not all that good either, and the suffering might turn people off as well.

H14: Some fairly tough enemies, but ...let's just say there are some mitigating factors. Is still ok as far as things go

H23: Mostly because lol gimmick, but it's an interesting gimmick if I must say so myself. Trying to keep the NPCs alive can be fun if it's your thing.

H24/25: Hoshido route tries harder and harder to be difficult. Whether or not it succeeds is still largely up to you (or rather, how good your walls are)

Nohr

N10: From what I feel, the enemy reinforcements will generally overwhelm you, so reaching all the houses is going to be tough.

N12: Fairly tight areas, a strong boss, enemy reinforcements, and ..one more factor, so to speak. From what I can tell, it can be plainly impossible to fight the boss on the higher difficulties.

N22: Reinforcements up the pineapple, enemy turrets, enemy staves. tight areas as usual. Aside from that, it's not that bad...but it can certainly get annoying since enemy reinforcements make it hard to defend your healers.

N23: A fairly linear path means you have to face the enemies head on, also enemy ballistae. Enemy skills are possibly/probably going to be quite a pain in this section.

N24: Probably the most hated staff in the game, more enemy reinforcements, an "interesting" gimmick, I think.

N25: Can be either the easiest or one of the most difficult ones.

N26: Tons of enemies behind doors makes it kind of hard. Also annoying staff spammer as usual.

N27: It's actually not that hard, comparatively a breather. Well not being hard also makes it a bit less fun, what can be said...

NE: Reinforcements blocking you while staff spammers. Also enemy reinforcements spawn out of reach, so you can't preemptively kill them on Player Phase. Also, let's just say that the boss has an interesting (somewhat) "ability". In the sense that FE10 players would get it, though this might be a bit too much of a spoiler since it's obvious...(if you know what I'm talking about, I guess it would).

Revelations

R7: Two words. Avatar Solo. Well not really, it's more like, Avatar does all the work

R8: See above. Except this time you have more units (by which I mean 1 more) so maybe it's not really an Avatar Solo...I'd still say the Avatar does at least like 40-50% of the work, depending on what work you mean.

R11: Pretty tight spaces, also enemy skills can be a pain...shame they only really appear on Lunatic

R12: Restricted mobility. Also the whole unfair enemies can walk over terrain you can't comes back. Some people might hate this though.

R17: You can't save in this chapter, although to be fair it probably makes people hate it even more. A fair number of reinforcements and you have reduced deployment slots. It's still not all that bad though. Hope you brought hammers (or just good mages I guess), those 30 defense generals would like a word with you.

(In fact they already appeared in R15)

R22: Terrain slows you down, but otherwise the map itself is nothing special, really. The Revelations maps kind of rely too much on their gimmick.

(Not that the maps I design are much better but oh well)

R24: It's hard to say, but well, the gimmick is quite tough without a guide, but with a guide it's just a matter of following instructions. The enemies are not particularly strong either, so that's that.

R25: Tight areas return again! Though to be honest the enemies are standard fare, but I guess it's a nice change from the (comparatively) wide open areas....

In general, for my list, I'd think that I normally equate difficulty with fun, so I tend to prefer either difficult maps, or fun maps.

So it might not necessarily reflect what others feel though.

Except like, N10, everyone seems to love N10 for some reason.

For example, Hoshido Endgame doesn't make it on the list because...well, in a sense, all the C27/Endgames can be one turned with the right strategy (much like how you could 1 turn FE13 even on L+ with the right setup, 2? Turn FE12, 1 Turn FE10 E-5 (though that was rather lol))

Nohr Endgame makes it on the list since it actually tries to make it difficult to one turn. Still gets beaten in two turns without too overly much trouble.

Of course, these kind of assume having broken units, but you never know what people have when they play the game.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I like the final levels of the game because

AZURA'SSONG

I also like Nohr's Mountain of the Fox Spirits level because the kitsunes have an interesting way of attacking (I hate killing you know who tho)

I mostly agree with your points, just a few comments.

Nohr

N23: A fairly linear path means you have to face the enemies head on, also enemy ballistae. Enemy skills are possibly/probably going to be quite a pain in this section.

Revelations

R24: It's hard to say, but well, the gimmick is quite tough without a guide, but with a guide it's just a matter of following instructions. The enemies are not particularly strong either, so that's that.

The map design in N23 actually quite non-linear in that one can approach it in a few different ways, even in Lunatic Mode where enemies are stepping on the 'wrong tiles', so to speak.

Similarly one could approach R24 radically differently. I remember there being a similar map in Path of Radiance, and with some planning while the decision-making part can be a bit iffy it may be less of a battle than it is a puzzle.

Edited upon reflection to reduce spoiler-y content

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

The map design in N23 actually quite non-linear in that one can approach it in a few different ways (not traversing the bridge, for instance), even in Lunatic Mode where enemies are stepping on the 'wrong tiles', so to speak. (The strat I'm thinking of requires one to be very careful and have multiple units that can ORKO quite a few number of units within a single Player Phase with the help of effective use of Attack Stance / Guard Stance due to certain enemy skills also present in N25, though this can be mitigated by a REALLY good tanking unit or perhaps an effective usage of enemy-affecting staves. In some sense this is characteristic of a lot of maps in Conquest though)

Xander is always good enough to tank these bowers, and he has Rescue to save the one who cleans out the left stair.

N12: Fairly tight areas, a strong boss, enemy reinforcements, and ..one more factor, so to speak. From what I can tell, it can be plainly impossible to fight the boss on the higher difficulties.

It is always possible, since our units are good enough to complete N10.

Unless these good units are killed in N10 or even N11...

Nohr Chapter 10 is amazing.

What's the basic strategy there? I've heard a ton of people talk about how tough it is, but not how they beat it. (You can go in depth if you want; I've spoiled virtually everything else in the game for msyelf).

Chapter 27 Nohr/Endgame Revelations

Mainly because of this

Never really heard the "Calm" versions of map themes (the sound file dump I downloaded didn't have them). Sounds almost like it should be in Metroid.

Though can't help but notice that the URL has "fap" in it.