Canadians have it rough...

otarolgam

I'm not saying that the games aren't worth the money, but the fact that there's a 20% markup on everything that us in the North have to buy, it's really freaking expensive to get the full FE14 experience.

I mean, I understand that three times the games means three times the profit, but holy hell, this is worse than Pokemon.

Then again, Pokemon doesn't have different stories in their versions...

I'm only investing so much into FE14 is cause I want to know the complete stories...

And I guess stories are worth investing all that money into...

So, this is what I have to deal with:

- Bought Birthright already for 53$ CAD (incl taxes)
- Despite buying Birthright, my first playthrough will be Casual Nohr, so that'll be another 27$ CAD (incl taxes) on launch day.
- I'll want to DLC Maps, so that I can exploit the crap out of the system (seriously, FE13 was just a power leveling simulator for me, and I loved it. <3), so that's around 21$ (incl taxes) CAD on launch day.
- Then on March 10th, Revelations comes out. Of course I'll get that... so another 27$ CAD there...

I mean... I love the multiple stories action going on, but... could we get one single game for FE15 again, please?

Us Canadians will be spending well over 130 dollars on this! Insane... @_@

And there's still a possibility of a Map Pack 2! Or MORE! O_o

Edited by otarolgam

I'm not saying that the games aren't worth the money, but the fact that there's a 20% markup on everything that us in the North have to buy, it's really freaking expensive to get the full FE14 experience.

I mean, I understand that three times the games means three times the profit, but holy hell, this is worse than Pokemon.

Then again, Pokemon doesn't have different stories in their versions...

I'm only investing so much into FE14 is cause I want to know the complete stories...

And I guess stories are worth investing all that money into...

So, this is what I have to deal with:

- Bought Birthright already for 53$ CAD (incl taxes)

- Despite buying Birthright, my first playthrough will be Casual Nohr, so that'll be another 27$ CAD (incl taxes) on launch day.

- I'll want to DLC Maps, so that I can exploit the crap out of the system (seriously, FE13 was just a power leveling simulator for me, and I loved it. <3), so that's around 21$ (incl taxes) CAD on launch day.

- Then on March 10th, Revelations comes out. Of course I'll get that... so another 27$ CAD there...

I mean... I love the multiple stories action going on, but... could we get one single game for FE15 again, please?

Us Canadians will be spending well over 130 dollars on this! Insane... @_@

I don't know where you are buying the game but usually, new games on 3ds are 40$ with taxes.

I don't know where you are buying the game but usually, new games on 3ds are 40$ with taxes.

Well, for us Canadians, the price for these games at EBGames, Walmart, Best Buy etc are $49.99 + tax = $53

Edited by carefreejules

Well, for us Canadians, the price for these games at EBGames, Walmart, Best Buy etc are $49.99 + tax = $53

And it depends on the province you live in like in the states. I pay around 12% which adds up to 55.98.

Eastern Atlantic Canada has it the worse around 14 or 15% sales tax. Not much you can do about it considering Game companies look at US values over how much Canadians actually make in terms of salary.

I don't rememeber paying that much for Triforce Heroes o_O.

Well, some games are cheaper than others so I'm pretty sure Triforce Heroes was around $40-45.

not in my area. It was 49.99 when it was released. Wii U games are selling at 70 bucks average and I even had to pay 74.99 for Xenoblade X. Xbox and Playstation games have it the worse though as most of their games are selling at 80 bucks new release.

I almost had to pay 20 bucks for Corrin and Bayonetta smash DLCs combined.

not in my area. It was 49.99 when it was released. Wii U games are selling at 70 bucks average and I even had to pay 74.99 for Xenoblade X. Xbox and Playstation games have it the worse though as most of their games are selling at 80 bucks new release.

I almost had to pay 20 bucks for Corrin and Bayonetta smash DLCs combined.

This is really strange, where I live, 3ds games are 40.00 or 45.00 but never above 50.00 and Wii U games are 60.00 O_O.

This is even more strange considering the French traduction here.

Edited by Nym

This is really strange, where I live, 3ds games are 40.00 or 45.00 but never above 50.00 and Wii U games are 60.00 O_O.

This is even more strange considering the French traduction here.

It might be a Quebec thing. Most of BC have to pay 20% extra at this point. Even the games on Steam too are selling at 69.99 or 79.99 for new releases.

The beauty of the Canadian dollar right now hahahaha..........

0.73$

But Brazilians and Austalians still have it worst.

Quand on se compare, on se console.

-

It might be a Quebec thing. Most of BC have to pay 20% extra at this point. Even the games on Steam too are selling at 69.99 or 79.99 for new releases.

From what I know, Quebec still pays more in taxes than the RoC. (Mostly from income taxes)

Do you have an example of a steam game?

Edited by Naughx

C'est la vie, mon amie. You have to deal with the fact that your currency is worth less than the USD. What I would pay for the same would be $39.99 for Conquest, $19.99 for Birthright, 19.99 for Revelation, and whatever the Map packs are worth, meaning that before tax (which is around 9.5% for where in the US I live), that's around $99.99 in total. with tax, that around $110.00 US, which I factored out to around 153.08 approx. CAD. With a $7.25 minimum wage working full time (40 hours) and taxes taken out, it takes about the whole work week. The OP has it much cheaper, all things considered.

isn't that cheaper than the US if we're to use exchange rates? $40 USD is ~$55.61 CAD before tax

Yes, but the canadian dollar dropped so fast that we cannot keep up. (Actually every currencies dropped against the american dollar)

It was above the american dollar back in 2012.

The USD is hyperinflated.

Edited by Naughx

I know that there are loads of other markets that are just like "Please, don't talk about YOUR crappy dollar." and I can understand that.

But I don't think I've every seen the dollar so bad as it has been late 2015 to now...

I now feel the pain of Australia and other similar regions.

Yet I still feel TERRIBLE for Brazil.

In Australia just the special edition will set you back $200 AUD so I think we win (well its more of a loss) and we still don't have a release date for it so bonus points

Edited by Mackc2

Australia will get probably have a very similar problem.

I'm expecting to be paying roughly around $70 dollars for one path (based on Awakening's current price of $69 at my retailer) and then two sets of about $35 dollars for Birthright and Revelations. I'm not sure of the price for DLC maps currently but I'd probably buy all of them or as many as I wanted.

But just for the base stuff without DLC or special edition I'm expecting to pay $140 for all three paths.

When it comes to the special edition that's currently around $200. I am expecting a drop in price later but the staff that I know well are convinced that it won't drop (which has prevented me from ordering it right now). That means we would be paying full retail price for two paths and an additional sum for both Revelations and the art book.

(If I made any mistakes it's probably because I'm groggy :'/ damnable Australian morning heat).