Quick question

Andreyas

So I pre-ordered both copies on Amazon and expect them both to get there. I was not aware I could get the SE until after the fact, but I didn't want to cancel my pre-order. Anyway, if I play Birthright and get to Chapter 6, does it automatically have me go with Hoshido or do I still get the options if I wanted to go with Nohr or be neutral? Vice versa for when I play Conquest.

The physical versions of Conquest and Birthright are predetermined when it comes to choice. If you bought Birthright, you won't get to choose Conquest or Revelation unless you have one of them downloaded as DLC.

Revelation is DLC a complete game by itself and that's the only way you can get it if you don't have the special edition. So if you were to get, say, Birthright physical, you would ideally download Conquest at half price (20 bucks) as DLC and play it on your Birthright cart. Later, you can download Revelation as DLC (20 bucks) and still play it on your Birthright cart. So you get Birthright physical, but Conquest and Revelation digital and you can access it all on one cart.

The physical versions of Conquest and Birthright are predetermined when it comes to choice. If you bought Birthright, you won't get to choose Conquest or Revelation unless you have one of them downloaded as DLC.

This is not true. You still do have a choice but if you choose opposite faction you are immediately taken to the eshop to then buy the other version for $20 and download it.

This is not true. You still do have a choice but if you choose opposite faction you are immediately taken to the eshop to then buy the other version for $20 and download it.

Not immediately.

You will play chapter 6 for free, and then you will be asked to buy the route.

I'm just going to say that buying both Birthright and Conquest as physical copies is somewhat unwise. You're better off buying just one and then downloading the other as DLC. Not only is it cheaper, but you get the benefits of linking the games (Shared DLC, special benefits like the Ebon Wings and Dread Scrolls, and a shared Support Log, among other things).

Getting both carts wouldn't be good since you won't get the Dark Flier class items since you need all three paths to get the items and it is too hard to get them in the DLC episode. It shouldn't after enough practice though. Also...the reason people are getting the special editions is for the artbooks as well as having no SD card cost to getting all three carts.

For me I'll go...

Conquest>Hoshido>Conquest>Revelations

Hoshido second (Actually wanting to do Conquest x2 first, but...) because of wanting to transfer Scarlet as it is more suitable to using her on that path and to be back home where she belongs. A Hoshidian just doesn't suit her at all. -.-

I want to do Hoshido first because the characters and classes look pretty cool. I think my favorites from what I've seen so far are Takumi, Orochi, Hinato, Oboro, Saizo, and Rinkah. Going to be using them a lot.

When I play Conquest, I'm going to use my female avatar and right away pair her up with Odin.

Since he was my favorite in Awakening as Owain~