Dread Fighter vs. Weapon Master, Corrin builds.

Zhadox

Well, based on the maximum stats of both classes, there are others that are slightly better. Comparing the two, I'd say Master of Arms is the better choice (if we were to look at max stats alone). It's a bit more durable at the cost of resistance. Dread Fighter has lower luck and skill, which are stats that you'd want to be on the higher end (skill activation and critical hits respectively). However, Dread Fighter does have access to throwing knives, which is a bit better than lances in my opinion (due to ranged attacks that can potentially double foes).

It really depends on your play style. I'd like access to throwing knives, but I'd think Master Ninja does that better than the Dread Fighter.

So chose the Master of Arms I guess? I'd give a Master of Arms avatar a +SPD/-LCK or - DEF build. Speed is the best stat so you'd want to optimize it s much as possible.

Dread Fighter and Master of Arms are only useful for getting the Aggressor and Line of Death skills though. You're better off as something else.

Well, are you asking about the main game or pvp? For the main game, Dread Fighter is clearly better because you can reclass to it immediately. It gives you promoted class bases early in the game, and it's easier to grind up weapon ranks in the early game. Also, shurikens>lances. 1-2 range combat is still great. +str all the way.