Mafia Game 2

Cymbeline

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....how does the scoring work? Like, when will who win?

Mafia wins when they have the same number of players as the town. The town wins when everyone in the Mafia is dead. The Serial Killer wins when everyone is dead.

Woo, I get more of a jump on the day phase! Huzzah. Anyway, a bunch of things I want to say.

1. I SUSPECTED RAVEN AND WAS GONNA LYNCH DAMN YOU WHOEVER BEAT MEEEE ;-;

2. Doc died, so carefulness is absolutely essential. Doc is the most important town role, followed by cop. If the cop dies we're kinda screwed. >_>

3. ..there was something here, but I forgot it.

4. Alright, time to decide who to vote for. Since Raven's now dead (grr) it's time for me to be a little stupid and vote for someone who's struck me as off from pretty much the beginning.

##Vote: Meta Kirby

Why? Let's see.

A. I checked this guy's posting record just to check on what he's posted in this topic. There's nearly no substance whatsoever. The majority of his posts are eager bumps, waiting to see the results. He's jumpy, yet has little to contribute, especially when it comes down to the voting...perhaps in fear of self-incrimination? Hmm.

B. Think back to Lyle. What'd he specialize in? Telling everyone that they were suspicious for all sorts of reasons when he in fact was mafia. There's that sense of paranoia complex there. Tactics pass along when in mafia, and we can look at some old posts of Meta Kirby to see some lovely similarities.

If anything, your overreacting is making me suspect you more.
Who's saying that I'm telling you guys everyone I suspect?
I've decided to put my vote in.

##Vote FEFL

It's part bandwagon, part suspicion.

Blah blah blah.

C. The other two reasons are weak standing alone. However, THIS is the kind of thing that makes a lynch-happy townie gleeful:

Godot hasn't voted yet, right?

Bang. If I was a better player I would've sealed your fate with this a while ago.

That quote is from the first day, after all of the ridiculously large commotion over who to vote for. All these people voted and unvoted, and the votals page looked like absolute hell. Now, I don't know about you guys, but I was hardly aware of Godot's existence until he was revealed to be mafia. In such a huge list of votals and COLOSSAL number of pages, how do you pick out one obscure person who has yet to vote who just happened to be mafia? GEE, I don't know, maybe they're both mafia and Meta Kirby remembered Godot from his very clear and obvious list of mafia members? I see no other possibility.

Keep in mind, however, this reasoning is by no means concrete. You can agree with me, but I'd also like to see some debate on this. It certainly makes him slightly suspicious, but we were saying the same things about noremaC Yogurt and he turned out to be an important town role, and we killed him. Can we afford to make that mistake again? I don't think so. Therefore, I'd like to see some debate. My reasoning is weak, but it's all I've got; my vote is by no means dead set on Meta Kirby...so I'd like some feedback whether I should change my vote or not.

A typical cop can make a scan on someone each night, and is in response told whether that person is guilty or not guilty. Cop isn't all-powerful though; Godfather pops up innocent and Miller pops up guilty.

There are many variations to the cop such as the Insane Cop, who always gets the OPPOSITE results; the Naive Cop, who always receives innocent; and then Paranoid Cop, who always receives guilty results. If you couldn't already tell, Naive and Paranoid Cops are utterly useless. >_> There's also the Name Cop, who learns the identities of others rather than whether they are innocent or guilty.

The Mafia Thief works similarly to a Name Cop in that he/she obtains some information regarding his/her target.

A typical cop can make a scan on someone each night, and is in response told whether that person is guilty or not guilty. Cop isn't all-powerful though; Godfather pops up innocent and Miller pops up guilty.

There are many variations to the cop such as the Insane Cop, who always gets the OPPOSITE results; the Naive Cop, who always receives innocent; and then Paranoid Cop, who always receives guilty results. If you couldn't already tell, Naive and Paranoid Cops are utterly useless. >_> There's also the Name Cop, who learns the identities of others rather than whether they are innocent or guilty.

The Mafia Thief works similarly to a Name Cop in that he/she obtains some information regarding his/her target.

do they know which one they are?

Nope. Not until they deduce it, that is.

For example, if I scanned you and you returned as innocent, yet for some reason I killed you anyway and your role was Miller, I would then know myself to be the insane cop.

Nope. Not until they deduce it, that is.

For example, if I scanned you and you returned as innocent, yet for some reason I killed you anyway and your role was Miller, I would then know myself to be the insane cop.

or couldn't it be naive?

and that sucks if you are the other types of cops...