Azura's Dance [English] (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

carefreejules

To be fair...[spoiler=*Spoilers for the game*]If I do recall, he is a dragon sort of breaking free, but I may be wrong.

Both singers did a great job, I like the choice of words in both songs

Yes that is true, but.. it is still TERRIBLE! Those grunts give me nightmares >.>

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MRW people have any criticism (I'm joking, don't hurt me):

[spoiler=Timestamps, don't fail me now!]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2-YQCyKLG4#t=1m47s

Seriously though, some of the lyrics are a little eh, but that was still really good in my opinion. Conquest in particular was amazing.

I will be somewhat surprised if 'groans of increasing discomfort' doesn't become a meme though.

you know you're aussie when you immediately think of superwog. ahh, reminds me of high school.

I thought Garon sounded fine? I recall the Japanese one not being so different. More like he was about to hurl, but still fine. He's Travis Willingham so the acting should be good, at least. Now that I've listened to it more, I really like Conquest's.

you know you're aussie when you immediately think of superwog. ahh, reminds me of high school.

I thought Garon sounded fine? I recall the Japanese one not being so different. More like he was about to hurl, but still fine. He's Travis Willingham so the acting should be good, at least. Now that I've listened to it more, I really like Conquest's.

Tell me about it. I'm starting Uni soon and nostalgia's been hitting me pretty hard. Between Superwog and handball memes, I'm really starting to miss school.

]12705160_1678039919119479_29053517195056

Anyway, Garon sounds fine. At least he sounds like he's in pain this time instead of...something else. The caption is hilarious though. Never change NoA...

Edited by Phillius

I'm sorry but I always loved the Nohr version of Azura's dance. Now I love it in English as well. It was just so catchy. Still salty she doesn't wear the darker outfit while in Nohr.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Wow, I'm impressed. I honestly wasn't expecting much because I know translating songs is RIDICULOUSLY difficult, but this is nice. Couple of shaky lines, but eh, what can you do?

(Seriously, this is great. Can we get a soundtrack? without Garon's... 'groans of increasing discomfort'?)

(Seriously, this is great. Can we get a soundtrack? without Garon's... 'groans of increasing discomfort'?)

Whenever anyone rips the sounds/clips/what have you lol, from the English game I'll try to remove them like I did with the Japanese version.

I really wish they'd just release both songs without the grunts. Though, there always is the full song that sounds different, but it isn't quite the same as the used cutscenes in the game :/

For what they had to do in order to get the songs to fit with the melody and background music in the English version, both songs are done very well. Rena Strober has quickly become a favorite of mine just because of Fates. She does a phenomenal job as Azura and I'm glad Treehouse found an actress that could sing and didn't just get two voices for Azura like they did with Renka and Lynn.

I really like it, as much as I like the Japanese version even. Very phenomenal work, especially with how hard it is to match melody with lyrics from another language while making sense and staying true to the original song. Also the first time I get to hear the Nohr verse, I really love it; sounds more interesting in that upbeat version too!

And while Garon grunts are still unwelcome, I find the english one somewhat more tolerable since its I know its Travis Willingham. XD

Nice. My thoughts on this are the same as for the Japanese version: Hoshido > Nohr for vocals; Nohr > Hoshido for music (which I guess doesn't really make a difference since only the vocals were localized). They're both really good though. I love the parallels between the 2 songs. I don't know the translated version of the original songs so I don't know if the parallels were in the original, but I'd say localization (and definitely Rena Strober) did a fantastic job.

The lyrics may be quite er..faithful (not that my japanese is entirely good so I may have misinterpreted, but it does seem more uh, reflective of the original song, compared to the previous ones we've heard [chap 5 cutscene]), but the song itself is pretty grating to hear, I don't think I really wanna hear it anymore.

The shameful bit is that, it appears we're going to get this blasted into our faces in the endgame, why oh why...

I suppose we can just turn off the bgm and play the original over it

I love Rena's vocal. I admit to be one of the people who reacted negatively towards her singing voice in the E3 trailer, but it was out of shock rather than her voice itself being bad.

I also find it neat that the lyrics seem to allude to the game's plot.

I'm glad the English version turned out to be this good. It definitely sounds busier than the Japanese version and the lyrics are a bit shaky - although I'm impressed by how the localization managed to stay somewhat faithful to the original, with containing certain words. The vocals are good, Rena sounds better in the game than in the E3 trailer.

I really hope the soundtrack has both versions without Garon's increasing discomfort, because they're both very lovely. I think I prefer the Nohr version because it's so aggressive and unlike anything on the soundtrack, but I do love how graceful the Hoshido version is.

Conquest version: it's all good until... "hard as a stone" part and the camera view is at Garon.

[busting Nuts Intensifies]

452.gif

Edited by Mox

The lyrics may be quite er..faithful (not that my japanese is entirely good so I may have misinterpreted, but it does seem more uh, reflective of the original song, compared to the previous ones we've heard [chap 5 cutscene]), but the song itself is pretty grating to hear, I don't think I really wanna hear it anymore.

The shameful bit is that, it appears we're going to get this blasted into our faces in the endgame, why oh why...

I suppose we can just turn off the bgm and play the original over it

Who is this "we" you are talking about? Most of the people who've commented on this topic have reacted positively to the songs.

Dear lords... GARON PLZ.

Nohr version... i still love it. I would like a fullversion too but we still havent had one for the japanese one so im not getting my hopes too high.

I really want one without garon's groans of increasing discomfort...

(groans of increasing discomfort)

Can we turn off the subtitles?