Favorite Weapons so far (possible spoilers?)

Andreyas

So which of each item type (Hoshidan/Nohrian) do you like the most? You can include the personal weapons to such as the Yato, Rajinto, etc.

(Note: I don't know all the English names, so I'm just going by Serenes Forest's information.)

HOSHIDO

Katana: Hagakure - I love that it has the dualwielding animations for Swordmasters

Naginata: Bolt Naginata - Because Ranged Magical Weapon, great for Falcon Knight/Basaras imo

Club: They're all good, but I like the Throwing Club because it's cool when someone strong like Rinkah throws it.

Shuriken: Explosive Shuriken - Great for Felicia/Jakob to use with their high magic

Yumi: Fuujin Bow definitely because Takumi makes his own arrows.
Scroll: Snake Spirit - For the double attack

Rod: Wind Summon - I think it's called Silence in English? I like that it makes magic users easier to deal with.

NOHR

Sword: Levin Sword - once again for the magical attacks, I've got like 50 of them in Awakening~

Lance: Beast Killer - I've always used them and I am glad they are back

Axe: Bolt Axe - again, magical damage, great for Oni Chieftains and Malig Knights

Knife: Hard Bread - It may be stale and lower your defense, but that 20% HP recovery is great!

Bow: Shining Bow - once again for the magical attacks, great for Adventurer/Priestess!

Tome: This was a toss up between Brunhilde or Mjolnir... so I am going with Brunhilde for the trees!

Staff: Draw - Great if you want to pull thieves away from the chests and then kill them

Katanas: close call between Hagakure, Daikon Radish and the Yato-Omega, but I'll go with Daikon Radish. Seeing Ryoma and Hinata wielding them with their two hands in Paradise Scramble is always so amusing.

Clubs: Great Club hands down. Give it to Gazzack after gaining a few levels in Revelations and he starts critting like mad (honestly better than any royal)

Naginatas: close call between Gaurd Naginata and Pine Tree, I'll go with Guard Naginata because of how incongruous it looks as a Hoshidan weapon, and of course due to its great defense/resistance boosts.

Scrolls: Malevolent Text (Old Book). I like seeing the enemies getting attacked by pieces of old paper.

Yumis: Fuujin Yumi, dat green light, so OP. Close call between it and the Expert Yumi though for being a 3-range weapon.

Shurikens: Flame Shuriken (Explosive Shuriken), fits Saizo's aesthetics and personality very well, a godsend for Felicia if you're keeping her as a maid.

Rods: Hexing Rod (Misfortune and Sin) cuz enemies with them always give me the chills.

Swords: Siegfried. It's an OP glowing sword, what else do you expect? No wonder Xander named his kid after his sword.

Axes: Bolt Axe: give it to Camilla.

Lances: Blessed Lance, for the design and being Azura's (head)can(n)on lance.

Tomes: Ginnungagap. The animation for it looks so cool.

Bows: Shining Bow. A non-debuffing 1-2 range bow is always a plus, even if it's magical instead of physical.

Daggers: Hard Bread: surprisingly useful due to its HP restoring properties.

Staves: Freeze, cuz i find it to be the most useful offensive staff. (Saves your *** in Lunatic mode for sure)

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Thoron. Like its animation is so cool.

I also like how Ragnell has it beam back. The magic weapons are also really cool, especially the bow.

So which of each item type (Hoshidan/Nohrian) do you like the most? You can include the personal weapons to such as the Yato, Rajinto, etc.

(Note: I don't know all the English names, so I'm just going by Serenes Forest's information.)

HOSHIDO

Katana: Hagakure - I love that it has the dualwielding animations for Swordmasters

Naginata: Bolt Naginata - Because Ranged Magical Weapon, great for Falcon Knight/Basaras imo

Club: They're all good, but I like the Throwing Club because it's cool when someone strong like Rinkah throws it.

Shuriken: Explosive Shuriken - Great for Felicia/Jakob to use with their high magic

Yumi: Fuujin Bow definitely because Takumi makes his own arrows.

Scroll: Snake Spirit - For the double attack

Rod: Wind Summon - I think it's called Silence in English? I like that it makes magic users easier to deal with.

NOHR

Sword: Levin Sword - once again for the magical attacks, I've got like 50 of them in Awakening~

Lance: Beast Killer - I've always used them and I am glad they are back

Axe: Bolt Axe - again, magical damage, great for Oni Chieftains and Malig Knights

Knife: Hard Bread - It may be stale and lower your defense, but that 20% HP recovery is great!

Bow: Shining Bow - once again for the magical attacks, great for Adventurer/Priestess!

Tome: This was a toss up between Brunhilde or Mjolnir... so I am going with Brunhilde for the trees!

Staff: Draw - Great if you want to pull thieves away from the chests and then kill them

Aren't Bolt Naginatas better off with Spear Masters? Because Oni Chieftains and Basaras can also wield tomes, making them wielding the Bolt Axe/Naginata pointless.

Anyway, I like Ryoma's Raijinto, since he can zap his opponents with lightning at 2 range instead of throwing the sword at them.

Edited by ChaosGallade

Aren't Bolt Naginatas better off with Spear Masters? Because Oni Chieftains and Basaras can also wield tomes, making them wielding the Bolt Axe/Naginata pointless.

Anyway, I like Ryoma's Raijinto, since he can zap his opponents with lightning at 2 range instead of throwing the sword at them.

How do tomes make the Bolt Naginata pointless? They'll only have E rank tomes on promotion, and will have to hit B rank before they can use any tome with equal might to the Bolt Naginata. Basaras and Falcon Knights are best with it because of their base magic.

How do tomes make the Bolt Naginata pointless? They'll only have E rank tomes on promotion, and will have to hit B rank before they can use any tome with equal might to the Bolt Naginata. Basaras and Falcon Knights are best with it because of their base magic.

The weapon rank can be a bit of a problem yes, but the Bolt Naginata and Axe prevent the use of trigger skills when equipped.

The weapon rank can be a bit of a problem yes, but the Bolt Naginata and Axe prevent the use of trigger skills when equipped.

Well, the E rank tomes that you'll be stuck with for awhile won't be able to proc them either. And unless you are Shiro inheriting Astra, the only proc skills that a lance user would feasibly get during a playthrough are Rend Heaven or Luna, neither of which are that useful when using magic because enemy magic/res is generally low. The Bolt Naginata is a very potent weapon.