Nintendo Has an announcement on the way.

Xeph

Gamestop has 7 new item ID's in their computer, 4 under Wii U and 3 under 3DS. There aren't any title names, just Test Sku, which usually means its for a product that hasn't been officially announced yet. The games are all 20 bucks a piece and have ESRB ratings between Everyone to Teen, but those could change as well. What could they possibly be?

Well, that was non-news... you should've just waited for the actual announcements.

I did say on the way.

Might be the recently announced Nintendo Selects for Wii U and 3DS. The ratio sounds about right.

What Nintendo Selects were announced? Also how would that work for 3DS?

What Nintendo Selects were announced? Also how would that work for 3DS?

Wii U selects are 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Ultimate NES Remix and Pikmin 3.

3DS selects were DKC Returns, Mario Party, Yoshi's New Island and OoT 3D.

So one of the 3DS skus might be missing in their database.

Wii U selects are 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Ultimate NES Remix and Pikmin 3.

3DS selects were DKC Returns, Mario Party, Yoshi's New Island and OoT 3D.

So one of the 3DS skus might be missing in their database.

So they would just be re-releasing the same games on the same system? Granted that does happen, but I would be shocked if Nintendo is willing to sell them all for 20 bucks a piece like they are listed for.

Ok I see what you mean, however those would not be considered releases at gamestop. They would receive new stock of the game but under the same New Sku they already have for those games; they are just getting price dropped. Finally.

Ok I see what you mean, however those would not be considered releases at gamestop. They would receive new stock of the game but under the same New Sku they already have for those games; they are just getting price dropped. Finally.

They're actually considered totally different games with different skus at every other store. They have different cases, which is the tell.

Original copies of 3D World will still go for 60 bucks after this is out.

I'll check tomorrow to see if there are any release ID's for any Wii titles, if there are some there then its probably the selects. That is quite a hefty cut for a lot of those games too, Pikmin 3 still goes for 40 bucks at Gamestop.

I'll check tomorrow to see if there are any release ID's for any Wii titles, if there are some there then its probably the selects. That is quite a hefty cut for a lot of those games too, Pikmin 3 still goes for 40 bucks at Gamestop.

Pikmin 3 has become so rare all my local stores are selling it for 120 bucks here. So it's nice to see them restocking it again.

Pikmin 3 has become so rare all my local stores are selling it for 120 bucks here. So it's nice to see them restocking it again.

I'm thinking the same for OoT3D. I hardly saw it past a few weeks of its release.

I'm thinking the same for OoT3D. I hardly saw it past a few weeks of its release.

Here in Canada it wasn't rare. We had them stockpiled for a very long time unlike in the US so it's been the same 40 dollars since release.

Here in Canada it wasn't rare. We had them stockpiled for a very long time unlike in the US so it's been the same 40 dollars since release.

In my area almost every single one of those games are difficult to find and average around 40 bucks, reason I never picked up mario all-stars was because of its high price point. I will definitely be picking up some of those.

Lucky! You guys seem to know what to stock ;~;

Probably gonna get Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze now. Wii U games are quite expensive here in Canada, so this is a great opportunity for me.

Edited by DragonLord