Interview with Azura's NA Voice Actress

Aggro Incarnate

I hope you're happy, bad side of the fandom.

Niche gamer apparently took the podcast out of context, and now they're getting a bunch of attacks.

So this article. http://nichegamer.com/2016/02/nintendo-gives-practically-no-information-to-english-voice-actors/

Rena comments all the way towards the bottom about it and others respond.

It seems to be a misunderstanding by the journalist, and people there theorize that she changed her statement to not upset nintendo.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw your tumblr post, Rey. Im so grossed out right now. What gives people the idea they have the right to be absolute cunts all the time? I cant believe they are taking down the video. Thats so unfair to those people.

This is the kind of thing that makes me hate gamer culture and nearly everything about it. This BS with entitlement. Im so disgusted right now. Poor Miss Stober. Apparently it was enough assholes to get the video taken down, so it cant be just a small handful of people. ;//// Some kind of message to her that we are glad she was a part of this series would be really nice. Id be down.

49% is still a minority :P

Hey, if we're talking about doing some for her, it'd be cool if we all got together to sing Azura's song.

Like, we could all videotape/record ourselves singing the song and compile it together as a tribute for her.

I swear to god though, some people need to learn to stop taking things so personally and seriously like, please take several seats you entitled piss babies.

Hey, if we're talking about doing some for her, it'd be cool if we all got together to sing Azura's song.

Like, we could all videotape/record ourselves singing the song and compile it together as a tribute for her.

I swear to god though, some people need to learn to stop taking things so personally and seriously like, please take several seats you entitled piss babies.

My singing is so bad that it'd come across as more of a mockery than a tribute...

But seriously, can we actually do something? I don't care how minor it is, she should know that we're not all 'weeblings' XD

So this article. http://nichegamer.com/2016/02/nintendo-gives-practically-no-information-to-english-voice-actors/

Rena comments all the way towards the bottom about it and others respond.

It seems to be a misunderstanding by the journalist, and people there theorize that she changed her statement to not upset nintendo.

Those comments....

tumblr_nmt4urarBo1s1f06jo1_500.gif

It just really boils down to gamer entitlement and people taking everything ever at face value. Either way, none of this needed to happen and that site that uploaded the video is the one that did the real damage.

Maybe, for now, everyone should send well-wishers to her twitter? She has one, iirc, and it might be nice to see some encouragement.

We could start an appreciation thread and tweet her the link to it when it gets a hundred replies.

Those comments....

tumblr_nmt4urarBo1s1f06jo1_500.gif

It just really boils down to gamer entitlement and people taking everything ever at face value. Either way, none of this needed to happen and that site that uploaded the video is the one that did the real damage.

The whole situation about her statement in the video was probably blown out of proportion. It didn't help that the guys interviewing her in the video didn't ask for clarification on the amount of information given to voice actors. It's usually they audition for the role blindly and then after they get the role, they get more information.

I hope you're happy, bad side of the fandom.

Niche gamer apparently took the podcast out of context, and now they're getting a bunch of attacks.

I really get the feeling that we just saw the bad side of the primarily newer portion of the fandom. You fired out in one of your YT comments "Where were you guys for the Awakening localization?", and put that on top of the dual audio complaints and it seems like a situation involving some weebs of the toxic variety.

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire or start an argument; I'm just making an observation. Mankind is flawed, and sometimes we act stupid and treat other people like shit.

I'm not trying to add fuel

I'm all for this idea if someone wants to start this?

As Water Mage said, you're kinda late to the party. We've already got a six page thread, with Rena Strober herself commenting her thanks and appreciation in it.