[FE7] World Map Questions

Avril Lavigne

1. To clarify, I want to load the characters with their data on the map. Although it's just their map sprite, I want their respective classes to be on the map too. Like I'm not sure when someone might want to promote the character I want to put on the map, which is a big loophole for me--because then the original class will be there and they might have promoted them. If not then I can probably make something work. I have back up plans but it would be really nice if I could get the characters themselves on the map rather than just the class.

2. So when I'm moving a sprite, how do I get it to go its full length? I don't have my file anymore because it got deleted. I know how to move them, but my sprite will just go barely anywhere near where it's directed (like less than halfway) and then it'll end my world map. I want it to reach the destination I gave, and then fade into the chapter. It's annoying.

3. Also, the REMOVETEXTBOX function didn't seem to work? I tried using it but my text box just stayed there.

4. Also, how does the [LoadOverworldFaces] text thing work? I was trying to find examples of it on FEditor and I couldn't.

I'm new to world map, and I don't understand some things!!! Wish they'd work haha

Edited by Avril Lavigne

1. To clarify, I want to load the characters with their data on the map. Although it's just their map sprite, I want their respective classes to be on the map too. Like I'm not sure when someone might want to promote the character I want to put on the map, which is a big loophole for me--because then the original class will be there and they might have promoted them. If not then I can probably make something work. I have back up plans but it would be really nice if I could get the characters themselves on the map rather than just the class.

You're not loading characters on the map, just sprites. When the game shows Eliwood on the world map, it's loading a Lord class, not Eliwood himself. Without an assembly routine to check what class the character is you won't be able to know.

2. So when I'm moving a sprite, how do I get it to go its full length? I don't have my file anymore because it got deleted. I know how to move them, but my sprite will just go barely anywhere near where it's directed (like less than halfway) and then it'll end my world map. I want it to reach the destination I gave, and then fade into the chapter. It's annoying.

Just use STAL

3. Also, the REMOVETEXTBOX function didn't seem to work? I tried using it but my text box just stayed there.

I remember occasionally having trouble with this. Sometimes just using REMOVETEXTBOX a second time does the trick. I think the issue stems from the number of [LoadOverWorldFaces] not matching the number of SCROs (they should).

4. Also, how does the [LoadOverworldFaces] text thing work? I was trying to find examples of it on FEditor and I couldn't.

Think of it like a script for a play. The actors say some lines and then there's usually some sort of cue for someone to do something.

Arvis: "I'm an ass."
Sigurd: "Arvis, you dastard!"
[Arvis fries Sigurd with Falaflame]

It's the same idea with your script. Have some lines of narration, then when you want something to change/move, insert a [LoadOverworldFaces]. Then, you use SCRO in your events to the scene move forward until it hits the next SCRO (it should then wait for the player to catch up with the reading).

The vanilla world map text is all bunched into the same area starting around 0x6B2-ish.